Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

NameSilo
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
andrew K said:
sorry to confuse you guys
i don't have any parked account.
so i have to prepare my domains in order to register as a parked account holder. :)

I believe Donny said he is not accepting new accounts from Indonesia for the time being.

You need to check with him to be sure though.

•••
rickkumar said:
Can someone answer these questions for me:

1. Do the parked.com pages/keywords change overtime for domains based on the user search behavior? I am new to parked, so just wondering if parked landers/keywords optimize overtime based on user-behavior or clicks like many other parking companies.

2. How long does it generally takes for domains to self-optimize to start showing better results?

3. Is it worth adding custom-content to your parked.com pages? Have anyone seen traffic increase after adding custom content?

4. How long does it take for keyword changes to get approved after you edit a domain?

Thanks for your feedback!
1. Parked homepage promises: Domain Magic continuously learns from each and every visitor, search, and click to an advertiser. Domain Magic then updates your template, based on your unique advertising history.

2. I understand that process is continuous. If domain has a lot of traffic, optimization would be faster. If domain has low traffic it takes more time because of insufficient stats.

3. I suppose some customizing would be worth. Especially title and description. Custom content could help to have better SERP. I have added custom content to some domains 2-3 weeks ago, but do not see any better results for these domains. Of course each domain should be handled individually, no universal formulas. Hope over time improvement will come :)

4. Immediately.

•••
netmeg said:
Mine too; I took a huge hit. Dunno what happened, but it sure wasn't good.

I also took a big hit .. about 15-20% drop for Friday, And took an even bigger hit yesterday. About 25% drop. Ouch.

Something has definitely changed. Wonder if yahoo is doing something different or if my TQ score has dropped.

Anyone else see a drop after finalized stats today?

•••
I saw a significant (15% or so) increase once the stats were finalized for yesterday. So it certainly could be a TQ issue.

•••
John Doe said:
1. Parked homepage promises: Domain Magic continuously learns from each and every visitor, search, and click to an advertiser. Domain Magic then updates your template, based on your unique advertising history.

2. I understand that process is continuous. If domain has a lot of traffic, optimization would be faster. If domain has low traffic it takes more time because of insufficient stats.

3. I suppose some customizing would be worth. Especially title and description. Custom content could help to have better SERP. I have added custom content to some domains 2-3 weeks ago, but do not see any better results for these domains. Of course each domain should be handled individually, no universal formulas. Hope over time improvement will come :)

4. Immediately.

Thank you John Doe.

Last edited:
•••
I have a name that averaged .65 cents per click in December. Yesterday, I had the highest amount of clicks ever, on this name and the RPC dropped to .12 cents?
What is going on?
:(

•••
madpoet said:
I saw a significant (15% or so) increase once the stats were finalized for yesterday. So it certainly could be a TQ issue.

Do you mean TQ score change all the time?

Btw, how do I know my TQ score?

•••
If I remember correctly, Donny said Yahoo updates TQ scores weekly. (Thursdays, I think).

As of now, the only way to find out your tq score is to ask your account rep. Donny stated that they will soon have your score displayed in your account.

•••
Let's see how to answer these.
rickkumar said:
1. Do the parked.com pages/keywords change overtime for domains based on the user search behavior? I am new to parked, so just wondering if parked landers/keywords optimize overtime based on user-behavior or clicks like many other parking companies.
Our system learns based on what people over time search for and click for on your individual domain. It is designed to even over time with enough clicks make a domain from one concept to another. It's a system that we developed about 7 years ago and it has been continously improved since then.

rickkumar said:
2. How long does it generally takes for domains to self-optimize to start showing better results?
It completely depends on the traffic you are getting. But your domain will be purged and relearn new keywords at least every 5 days. If you have a domain with a lot of traffic it will be purged more often than once every 5 days. One thing to remember that this is based on a country level. So each country has it's own learning system.

rickkumar said:
3. Is it worth adding custom-content to your parked.com pages? Have anyone seen traffic increase after adding custom content?
Some people like the custom content, some don't, we just give you the tools.

rickkumar said:
4. How long does it take for keyword changes to get approved after you edit a domain?
Immediately, we aren't like some of the other companies. But if you change a keyword please make it relevant to the domain. If you have carwash.com and you set it to "dui attorney" you may lose your account or the ability to change keywords.

Hope this helps.

Donny

•••
StrictlyNames said:
If I remember correctly, Donny said Yahoo updates TQ scores weekly. (Thursdays, I think).

As of now, the only way to find out your tq score is to ask your account rep. Donny stated that they will soon have your score displayed in your account.

I See. I will then wait until Thursday.

Donny said:
It completely depends on the traffic you are getting. But your domain will be purged and relearn new keywords at least every 5 days. If you have a domain with a lot of traffic it will be purged more often than once every 5 days. One thing to remember that this is based on a country level. So each country has it's own learning system.

Rick: What if purging also purge the relevant/good keywords?

Immediately, we aren't like some of the other companies. But if you change a keyword please make it relevant to the domain. If you have carwash.com and you set it to "dui attorney" you may lose your account or the ability to change keywords.

Rick: Agree absolutely 100%. No one should abuse the system. Btw, I figured out the reason why my keyword was not updating: I just forgot to save it
:hehe:

Donny

Donny, see my comments above.

Thanks for your detailed explanations.

Last edited:
•••
I took another big hit yesterday. Last time I checked, my traffic score was 10 out of 10; I guess it must have tanked suddenly.

•••
Optimize? Why wait if you can make adjustment instantly.

•••
TheWatcher said:
Optimize? Why wait if you can make adjustment instantly.

I understand, but being new to the system I find it little hard/confusing to edit keywords/templates etc.

Here are the issues I face:

1. How do you know which keywords (among the relevant keywords) will pay the most per click. For example, if you have a dating domain, how do you know which keyword to chosse: date, dating, online dating, speed dating, adult dating, cyber dating, etc etc?

2. With thousand of domains, how can you really optimize them all?

3. I wonder if changing a keyword also changes the template or vice-versa?

Advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

•••
rickkumar said:
1. How do you know which keywords (among the relevant keywords) will pay the most per click. For example, if you have a dating domain, how do you know which keyword to chosse: date, dating, online dating, speed dating, adult dating, cyber dating, etc etc?
You should just try. Perhaps this tool could give you some indications.

rickkumar said:
2. With thousand of domains, how can you really optimize them all?
I suppose you could start from domains that have best potential. Use 80/20 principle :)

rickkumar said:
3. I wonder if changing a keyword also changes the template or vice-versa?
Yes, but after that you can choose tempale you like manually.

•••
John Doe: Thanks for the tips....really helpful.

•••
I should be more detailed but I guess that's parked advantage, easy to use tool.

Regarding parking traffics and revenue, you will know it once you test some keywords. We can't tell you which is better as we don't know your domain names portfolio. All domain investors always try different keywords for their non-generic domains to get the most $ out of it.

•••
netmeg said:
I took another big hit yesterday. Last time I checked, my traffic score was 10 out of 10; I guess it must have tanked suddenly.

Netmeg,
My $ numbers are way down as well, down about 50%. I was a 10 as of last week, wonder what is going on?

•••
Yahoo's TQ scores normally come out on Thursday morning, this week they came out on Friday for some reason. I can say that I did see some people drop some, but some people went up as well. I had promised that I would make sure that the TQ scores would be available in everybody's account, but some other issues came up that were more important. Right now I want to give the scores a week or so to see how things look then before I add them to the account.

If you are doing at least 100 clicks a day, you probably have a score, ask your account manager if you want to know what it is.

If you have a score from 5-10 you are in good shape. 3-4 we need to work with you on improving your score. 1,2, or 3 well... We will need to talk about those.

If anybody thinks they have at least 100 clicks a day and want to know their TQ today, I will be around for about another 2-3 hours. And that's it.

Donny

•••
I already sent my rep (Monte) a ticket... not sure if he's working today. If you have time to look into the tickets Donny, that would be great.

Thanks,
Dave

•••
Dave - That's not as easy as you think to respond to. But I'll respond in a few after a little research and cc Monte.

Donny

•••
lol, ok.. no prob. I can wait for monte.

•••
TheWatcher said:
I should be more detailed but I guess that's parked advantage, easy to use tool.

Regarding parking traffics and revenue, you will know it once you test some keywords. We can't tell you which is better as we don't know your domain names portfolio. All domain investors always try different keywords for their non-generic domains to get the most $ out of it.

Thanks Watcher.

Btw, we can ONLY select one main keyword per domain, and then the system selects all the other keywords. Right? Or can you select more than one keyword per domain?

•••
Donny, any chance you could comment on this? Thanks.

Avo19 said:
Donny, when using the the frameset for redirection as per the parking "how-to",
can we insert another frame for tracking purposes or adding extra content etc? i.e.

Code:
<FRAMESET ROWS="2"> 
<FRAME name="main" src="http://www.searchnut.com/?domain=refererdetect" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="auto" frameborder="0">
<FRAME name="tracking" src="tracking.php" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0">
</FRAMESET></HTML>

Thanks.

•••
rickkumar said:
Btw, we can ONLY select one main keyword per domain, and then the system selects all the other keywords. Right? Or can you select more than one keyword per domain?

That is correct, 1 keyword/phrase and we do the rest. At least that's how it works today. :)

Avo19 - That's fine.

Donny

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back