NameSilo

Overture

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hi,
I know what overture is, and I always see people saying that overture gives xxxxxx results for some word, but when I goto overture and do a search, I don't see where it says how many results were found total.
Any help would be appreciated :talk:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
hmmm
but some words don't show. For example, "test" doesnt show, but rather gives other forms of test.
Is this the only way?

•••
Pan down on Page - Searched Word is High-Lited and Doesn't always show up in Top Results (Doesn't always show up at all)

Using "test" - You are Correct - Doesn't Show up - Which means it is searched for less than any Terms on page !

•••
I've always wanted to know this.

If you get a domain say - www.bluehouse.com

And the overture for "bluehouse" is 0
But the overture for "blue house" is say 10000

Is it worth registering?

•••
•••
I find this tool much better that the overture one:
http://www.DigitalPoint/tools/suggestion/

It gives you the DAILY Overture and Wordtracker searches.
And the good thing about it is that the wordtracker tool gives you both plural and singular searches..

Overture results can "trick" you a bit since it only gives you the singular results..

Here's an example with the popular keywords "Greeting Card", the Overture results "tricks" you to believe that there are over 30,000 daily searches for that one, but it's in fact the plural form "greeting cards" that gets the most searches...

Understand?? :D

•••
•••
I was wondering how important the rankings are without extension as opposed to with.

Obviously the "with" is much better because the domain name itself is being searched... , but is it still a good selling point if the name returns a high rank without the extension?

Thank you
Jennifer

•••
Originally posted by ManicGirl
I was wondering how important the rankings are without extension as opposed to with.

Obviously the "with" is much better because the domain name itself is being searched... , but is it still a good selling point if the name returns a high rank without the extension?

Thank you
Jennifer

Searchengines doesn't care much about the extensions, so good keyword domains are always good for SEO.
So for an end-user who's planning to make a site, it doesn't always matter if it's .com/net/org etc.. (but in most cases the .com is preferred)

But for getting type-ins .com is King!
That's why .coms would be the best extension to have anyway..

Do I make any sense..?? :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back