Domain Empire

Overstock.com now redirects to BedBathAndBeyond.com!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Croc

DN.ioUpgraded Member
Impact
Retail chain Bed, Bath, and Beyond recently went bankrupt. Overstock.com bought up the remaining assets including the domain name. In what world is a 4 word domain more valuable than a 1 word domain? Nothing surprises me anymore!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's obvious that they just don't like the word "overstock", that's why they already tried switching to O.co.

Last edited:
•••
Retail chain Bed, Bath, and Beyond recently went bankrupt. Overstock.com bought up the remaining assets including the domain name. In what world is a 4 word domain more valuable than a 1 word domain? Nothing surprises me anymore!
I believe they will brand under beyond.com which forwards to bedbathandbeyond.com, same with overstock.com and o.co

Overstock starting selling just overstock items back in the day but then regular stuff as well and they had a branding problem. o.co wasn't the route to go, that was a mistake. But I like beyond.com as the way to go.

•••
I believe they will brand under beyond.com which forwards to bedbathandbeyond.com, same with overstock.com and o.co
Wouldn't they have just done it if they own it already?

Also, do they do equipment for doing "bed baths", or should there be a comma in the logo/name "Bed, Bath and Beyond"?

Last edited:
•••
Wouldn't they have just done it if they own it already?

Also, do they do equipment for doing "bed baths", or should there be a comma in the logo/name "Bed, Bath and Beyond"?
Actually, it looks like they’re sticking with the Bed Bath and Beyond brand

•••
BBB is a bigger brand in people's mind which is probably why they aren't rebranding to something completely new.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back