IT.COM

discuss Outbound/ with BIN price or without

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Every time I write to anybody who may be interested in a domain I offer to him, I ask myself question:
Should I point BIN in email or not?
How do you think about this? First email must be priced or not?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does anyone saw any difference with covid-19 issue in any outbounds?

•••
I think BIN price on landing page would work better. Because they just ignore the first email and any future emails, and if you include BIN in the email , you are stuck with that price. You will forget your price, they won't. But if the price is on the landing page, they will forget the old price, so you can change it. Maybe you can say, today's price is this much, but only valid for today, future price can be more fair and much higher..
Saying all these, but my emails are never replied, unless they are part of an existing business. I really don't understand why this is the case. But I believe people open those emails, and keep for future reference. So a catchy (but not spammy ) title is a must.
I prefer direct sale at registrars. I add a very low price, and invite people for quick purchase. They don't. Later they may offer much higher price.
If people respond, this is not for buying purposes. They don't say you price is high and I can pay this much. They just say something meaningless., like "can you clarify your question".. If they ask price, this doesn't mean they would buy. Your price is 1000, they won't buy. Buy even if it is 10, they will still not buy. If the price is high, domain is expensive, if it is cheap, you are cheap, notyour domain.

•••
If your BIN price is low (<$700), you can mention it in the email, otherwise, leave a room for negotiations. That's how I do.

•••
Every time I write to anybody who may be interested in a domain I offer to him, I ask myself question:
Should I point BIN in email or not?

I would prefer to set BIN and open for minimum offer with limited time. But If I never connect with someone , I would send an email with no offer . only ask whether they are interested or not in my domain.

•••
Ensure we know better about our targetted customer to avoid spamming and best result in negotiation

Last edited:
•••

If I have a name that is designated for outbound, I already have a price in mind (high value names are make offer only). So in the email I would include a price along with a time period statement ie: Hello, the domain name xxxx is available for a short time for xxx. You want to leave the door open for a price change, up or down, but at the same time you want to give the impression the price is below normal without saying it...hopefully that makes them take action. Any name I do outbound on has a clean lander with the 'buy' now button activated. No need to keep going back and for about payment options/methods. Make it easy as possible for them to 'pull the trigger' and purchase the name.

•••
It would be
If I have a name that is designated for outbound, I already have a price in mind (high value names are make offer only). So in the email I would include a price along with a time period statement ie: Hello, the domain name xxxx is available for a short time for xxx. You want to leave the door open for a price change, up or down, but at the same time you want to give the impression the price is below normal without saying it...hopefully that makes them take action. Any name I do outbound on has a clean lander with the 'buy' now button activated. No need to keep going back and for about payment options/methods. Make it easy as possible for them to 'pull the trigger' and purchase the name.

So does it work? Do they respond? Who do you contact?

•••
it depends to whom you write
it depends on the domain itself
it depends how good the domain is for the prospect
it depends if you quote a decent price or offer a bargain

•••
There are soooo many aspects of outbounding which can make it overwhelming to newcomer.

There are many threads on the topic, but i dont think many dedicated to asking “include BIN?”
Still, i’d be remiss not to add my favorite one;

i feel it’s most productive thread on the matter
(over 9 pages long) and favorite on outbound;

Thanks, @Joe Nichols for starting that thread, must-read for anyone with outbound questions. See many, written from domainer POV like you

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I don't include bin in my emails. If you include BIN and the end user is interested but is not happy with the price, you may likely not get a reply. If you don't include the price they will ask you: how much? From there you can work things out. Other times bin on landing page is good.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back