IT.COM

discuss Certain BIN listings not strictly BIN?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Charac

Established Member
Impact
I've noticed this may be the case. Even though a Seller may specify postings as "BIN."

That Buyers may still enter their own lower amounts into the form. Like within Sedo for instance. Who advises Sellers to simply ignore a lower proposed price received if they don't want it.

But does this not defeat the most basic purpose of a BIN ? When platforms instead lean toward "make offer" anyway?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

with sedo,
i know that if you set a BIN price, you can still negotiate with buyer if/when they submit a bid below BIN.
you can lower the price until you reach agreement or accept the offer.
either way, it's only 10% commission when BIN priced.

afternic will also negotiate price via broker for BIN priced names.
but they want to be hands-on to make it look like they are working for that high ass commission.

other than advice given by other domainers, .i can't see a platform instructing a seller to ignore an offer.

imo...

•••
Hi

with sedo,
i know that if you set a BIN price, you can still negotiate with buyer if/when they submit a bid below BIN.
you can lower the price until you reach agreement or accept the offer.
either way, it's only 10% commission when BIN priced....
Then rather than set actual BIN pricing. Sellers might as well hike prices higher than what they are willing to settle for, in order to bring it in.

Last edited:
•••
Given the situation, my take is much lower bids can almost always be expected then...💫

•••
Then rather than set actual BIN pricing. Sellers might as well hike prices higher than what they are willing to settle for, in order to bring it in.
Hi

BIN pricing means "buy it now" without any haggling or negotiating.
typically, the BIN price is always higher than, or equal to, what the owner is willing to settle for.

when an owner/seller sets a high BIN price and also allows bidders to make offers, then they might receive more bidders, before someone purchases it at BIN price.

being able to "lower" the BIN price, in response to an offer to entice a higher offer from them, is an advantage for seller.

imo...

•••
Hi

BIN pricing means "buy it now" without any haggling or negotiating.
typically, the BIN price is always higher than, or equal to, what the owner is willing to settle for.

imo...
Yes - without haggling or negotiating.

The modification seems to come in when we're talking domain aftermarket.

Ebay, for example, being more tanglible adheres to the definition.

Offhand, what platforms do in the domain aftermarket ?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back