Dynadot

guide Outbound mail format.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi All,

I have received various request regarding format for outbound pitch/follow up mail so i am sharing the basics of the same.

Email format varies from case to case basis. In case of normal scenario where we are pitching a normal domain to an end user , one liner works the best.

Ex:-

"Hello Rob Ponting,

We are selling domain name “ Oaklandlawnmaintenance.com “ Would you be interested in acquiring it?"

If the person would be interested in the domain name than we would reply back enquiring about the price. When we recieve a reply than we can provide all the details such as asking price , monthly searches , cpc , related sales etc. It does not make sense to provide long detailed mail in case of outbound as if the person would be interested in the domain name than he would reply back with one liner mailed also.

Alternatively we can send detailed mail with all the details as well.

"Hello,

I am contacting you because your website name "aima.in" appear for the search term “Pg Courses"

I thought that you might be interested in knowing that we are selling our domain name " Pgcourses.Com", since this no longer fits into our business model for development.

Pgcourses.Com is very well suited for your industry and owning such a name will attract relevant customers through offline and online medium while giving you an advantage over competitors in the field.

The google searches for the exact term is 1k-10k per month and CPC is $0.6

We are offering “ Pgcourses.Com" at mutually accepted reasonable price. Please let us know if you’d like more information or to buy it right away.

Some of the related sales are as follow:-

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Thank you for your consideration and look forward to hearing back from you."

Now second part of the mail is your signature. We basically have 3 options for the same.

Option 1:- Providing all the details about yourself so that you look genuine along with your contact number and social media handle.

" Regards,
Rohit Goyal
RASP Sme Services Pvt Ltd.
Ph:- +91-9593080650
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rohitgoyal-7a754810/"

Option 2:- Just one liner signature with unsubscribe option and keep your identity hidden.

" Thanks and Regards,

RK

If you do not want to receive emails from us please reply asking unsubscribe."

Option 3:- One liner mail pitching other services as well for cross selling purpose.

"

Please Note:- We also do Custom Web Design and Development, eCommerce websites, Web Application, SEO and Social Media Marketing.

Thanks and Regards,

RK

Now when we approach a corporate for a premium domain than the strategy would be completely different. We would have to send a well searched and professional looking mail. Our mail should contain detail about the domain , its benefit as well as some information about that company and how its gonna be useful for them. I am sharing an example for the same.

"Dear ,
First of all heartiest congratulations for the successful launch of xxx IPO which is a great news for the entire online fraternity in our country.
xxx is among the selected few Indian companies which realized the importance and benefit of having premium domain name in very early stage hence acquired xxx in the year 2011 for $500k from Marchex.
Presently xxx has amazing collection of over 250 region and caste based matrimonial domains like marwadimatrimony.com , bangalimatrimony.com which has resulted in acquiring top spot in Indian online matrimonial niche.
However one particular domain xxx is missing from your amazing list of domains which can cover entire spectrum of matrimonial market. As we are aware that matrimonial service for NRI audience is a multi million dollar market and acquiring the same domain would help your company in further strengthening your position in that niche.
xxx has been registered since 2001 and we had plans to develop the same however we decided to offer the same to conglomerate like yours which can do proper justice with the domain.
We are offering xxx at a mutually acceptable price , kindly let us know if you would be willing to acquire the same. "

Lastly follow up mail should also be simple one liner mail and should not be send more than twice per month. An example of the same is given below:-

"Hi Aleksei,

We just wanted to follow up regarding your interest for the domain name "Autorepairshopsandiego.com" for $299 (negotiable).

Kindly let us know if you need any assistance or clarification to complete the transaction."

Alternatively we can also send below mentioned mail directly asking about their registrar account details to complete the transaction.

"Hi Aleksei,

We just wanted to follow up regarding your interest for the domain name "Autorepairshopsandiego.com" for $299 (negotiable).

Kindly share your Godaddy customer id and email id so that we can instantly push the domain to your account."

Once the client agrees with the price than we can send below mentioned mail.

"Ok will do $1000

Here is the Transfer Process

Domain Restorationservices.org is Registered through Godaddy, Please Provide me your Godaddy Customer Number and Email Address Associated with Godaddy Account, I will transfer domain to your Account.

If you don’t have Godaddy Account, you can create it free at www.godaddy.com , it won’t take more than 2-4 mins. And the whole process will not take more than 5-7 mins and domain will be in your Account.

I would like to get payment through Paypal or Credit Card, our paypal id is – r[email protected] ( you can make payment after the domain Transfer)

I hope this will be fine to you

Please Advise"

You can also send transfer or push procedure in your mail so that client do not face any issue in the same.

"You might have received email from Godaddy with regards the transfer. Kindly approve Contact Update through Godaddy email Link then

You just need to follow simple instruction mentioned in godaddy email and the domain will be in your Account in just 1 min (please see below the instructions)

1. Login to your Godaddy Account
  2. Next to Domains– Click Manage
  3. From the Domains tab, click Pending Account Changes.
  4. Please click – Incoming Account changes
  5. You will be able to see the domain “Restorationservices.org” check the checkbox and click “Accept” ( on top left)
  6. Domain will be in your Account

My Paypal id is – r[email protected]

In case of any queries please let me know."

Hopefully above mentioned details would be useful for those who wishes to explore outbound marketing for domain names. All the best

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Guys would love to hear feedbacks if the above post was helpful...
Kindly let me know if any further clarification is required..
ThAnks

•••
Rohit, How much is the possibility of emails going to spambox as I have tried to approach some related companies but didn't get any reply.

•••
Rohit, How much is the possibility of emails going to spambox as I have tried to approach some related companies but didn't get any reply.
This post was related to mail format only. Delivery of mail and ensuring that they don't land in spam would be covered separately in another post.

•••
This post was related to mail format only. Delivery of mail and ensuring that they don't land in spam would be covered separately in another post.
Waiting for that post.

•••
Thanks for the post Rohit.

Good format and language, surely few takeaways.

•••
Thanks for the post Rohit.

Good format and language, surely few takeaways.
thanks.. Hopefully post would be helpful for fellow members..

•••
Option 2:- Just one liner signature with unsubscribe option and keep your identity hidden.

what do you mean "unsubscribe option "

•••

what do you mean "unsubscribe option "
Well we are sending outbound mails to companies/indivisuals without their permission and in a way its kind of spamming. Keeping unsubscribe button provide option to the receiver to not receive further mails. It helps in keeping spam score low which ultimately helps in inbox delivery of the mail.

•••
Awesome work, keep giving back to the community :)

•••
thanks @rohitgoyal - some good points to take away here. Your second example is normally the style I use but I am intrigued by the fact you get more success from the 'one liner' - may give this a go.

•••
Great job sir Jee, some domain sales statergy or advice

•••
Well we are sending outbound mails to companies/indivisuals without their permission and in a way its kind of spamming. Keeping unsubscribe button provide option to the receiver to not receive further mails. It helps in keeping spam score low which ultimately helps in inbox delivery of the mail.
how to provide unsubscribe button?

thanks

•••
in my experience
when a cold outbound mail was replied to with a

(customer replies)
"we can only pay xxx USD"
or "ok we accept xxx usd"

then the next email is cruical
as people tend to not react anymore
and dispeare / stay silent

how is your experience/solution?

•••
in my experience

(customer replies)

send them a purchase link lol

•••
in my experience

(customer replies)

I was waiting for someone to ask this point as thats the most tricky part in case of outbound and there is no single answer to this query.
I have approx. 100 leads where client dissapeared after making price inquiry and almost 50 leads where client didnt reply back after agreeing on a price or after we accepted their offer.
W keep on following with such leads till the client closes the deal or replies that they are not interested. we have closed leads after doing follow up for almost 10 times.

The only solution we have in such cases is to directly ask client's account detail or directly share authorization code with them. I have noticed that if client share their account details for push than normally leads closes.

•••
thanks @rohitgoyal - some good points to take away here. Your second example is normally the style I use but I am intrigued by the fact you get more success from the 'one liner' - may give this a go.
All the best. Do let us know if it work for you.

•••
in my experience

(customer replies)

if we agreed on a price, my next email is always "would you like us to use escrow?"

•••
if we agreed on a price, my next email is always "would you like us to use escrow?"

It Happens many times that after agreeing on price client simply vanishes.. you have to either continue following up with the client or forget about the deal.

•••
•••
•••
Hi All,

I have received various request regarding format for outbound pitch/follow up mail so i am sharing the basics of the same.

Email format varies from case to case basis. In case of normal scenario where we are pitching a normal domain to an end user , one liner works the best.

"Hello Rob Ponting,

We are selling domain name “ Oaklandlawnmaintenance.com “ Would you be interested in acquiring it?"

If the person would be interested in the domain name than we would reply back enquiring about the price. When we recieve a reply than we can provide all the details such as asking price , monthly searches , cpc , related sales etc. It does not make sense to provide long detailed mail in case of outbound as if the person would be interested in the domain name than he would reply back with one liner mailed also.

Alternatively we can send detailed mail with all the details as well.

"Hello,

I am contacting you because your website name "aima.in" appear for the search term “Pg Courses"

I thought that you might be interested in knowing that we are selling our domain name " Pgcourses.Com", since this no longer fits into our business model for development.

Pgcourses.Com is very well suited for your industry and owning such a name will attract relevant customers through offline and online medium while giving you an advantage over competitors in the field.

The google searches for the exact term is 1k-10k per month and CPC is $0.6

We are offering “ Pgcourses.Com" at mutually accepted reasonable price. Please let us know if you’d like more information or to buy it right away.

Some of the related sales are as follow:-

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Thank you for your consideration and look forward to hearing back from you."

Now second part of the mail is your signature. We basically have 3 options for the same.

Option 1:- Providing all the details about yourself so that you look genuine along with your contact number and social media handle.

" Regards,
Rohit Goyal
RASP Sme Services Pvt Ltd.
Ph:- +91-9593080650
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rohitgoyal-7a754810/"

" Thanks and Regards,

RK

Option 3:- One liner mail pitching other services as well for cross selling purpose.

"

Please Note:- We also do Custom Web Design and Development, eCommerce websites, Web Application, SEO and Social Media Marketing.

Thanks and Regards,

RK

Now when we approach a corporate for a premium domain than the strategy would be completely different. We would have to send a well searched and professional looking mail. Our mail should contain detail about the domain , its benefit as well as some information about that company and how its gonna be useful for them. I am sharing an example for the same.

"Dear ,
First of all heartiest congratulations for the successful launch of xxx IPO which is a great news for the entire online fraternity in our country.
xxx is among the selected few Indian companies which realized the importance and benefit of having premium domain name in very early stage hence acquired xxx in the year 2011 for $500k from Marchex.
Presently xxx has amazing collection of over 250 region and caste based matrimonial domains like marwadimatrimony.com , bangalimatrimony.com which has resulted in acquiring top spot in Indian online matrimonial niche.
However one particular domain xxx is missing from your amazing list of domains which can cover entire spectrum of matrimonial market. As we are aware that matrimonial service for NRI audience is a multi million dollar market and acquiring the same domain would help your company in further strengthening your position in that niche.
xxx has been registered since 2001 and we had plans to develop the same however we decided to offer the same to conglomerate like yours which can do proper justice with the domain.
We are offering xxx at a mutually acceptable price , kindly let us know if you would be willing to acquire the same. "

Lastly follow up mail should also be simple one liner mail and should not be send more than twice per month. An example of the same is given below:-

"Hi Aleksei,

Kindly let us know if you need any assistance or clarification to complete the transaction."

Alternatively we can also send below mentioned mail directly asking about their registrar account details to complete the transaction.

"Hi Aleksei,

Kindly share your Godaddy customer id and email id so that we can instantly push the domain to your account."

Once the client agrees with the price than we can send below mentioned mail.

"Ok will do $1000

Here is the Transfer Process

Domain Restorationservices.org is Registered through Godaddy, Please Provide me your Godaddy Customer Number and Email Address Associated with Godaddy Account, I will transfer domain to your Account.

If you don’t have Godaddy Account, you can create it free at www.godaddy.com , it won’t take more than 2-4 mins. And the whole process will not take more than 5-7 mins and domain will be in your Account.

I would like to get payment through Paypal or Credit Card, our paypal id is – r[email protected] ( you can make payment after the domain Transfer)

I hope this will be fine to you

Please Advise"

You can also send transfer or push procedure in your mail so that client do not face any issue in the same.

"You might have received email from Godaddy with regards the transfer. Kindly approve Contact Update through Godaddy email Link then

You just need to follow simple instruction mentioned in godaddy email and the domain will be in your Account in just 1 min (please see below the instructions)

1. Login to your Godaddy Account
  2. Next to Domains– Click Manage
  3. From the Domains tab, click Pending Account Changes.
  4. Please click – Incoming Account changes
  5. You will be able to see the domain “Restorationservices.org” check the checkbox and click “Accept” ( on top left)
  6. Domain will be in your Account

My Paypal id is – r[email protected]

In case of any queries please let me know."

Hopefully above mentioned details would be useful for those who wishes to explore outbound marketing for domain names. All the best

did you experience a difference
in sales closing rates
if you answer immediately or wait a day or 2 / 3
how long do you typically wait?

•••
did you experience a difference
in sales closing rates
if you answer immediately or wait a day or 2 / 3
how long do you typically wait?

As per my experience closing rate is much higher when we reply immediately.

When we reply after 2-3 days than in case of most of cases client never respond back.

I.guess buying domain especially in xxx or low xxxx is more of a spontaneous decision so we should always reply immediately and close the deal.

•••
I'm just glad to see someone doing outbound. I think I have only sold a handful of domains that were not outbound sales. I seek out companies with poor domain names and the offer them alternatives.

For me it works better than waiting for someone to stumble on one of my domains. I'm very happy to see someone else doing it well. Outbound works if you do it right.

Great post (y)

•••
I'm just glad to see someone doing outbound. I think I have only sold a handful of domains that were not outbound sales. I seek out companies with poor domain names and the offer them alternatives.

For me it works better than waiting for someone to stumble on one of my domains. I'm very happy to see someone else doing it well. Outbound works if you do it right.

Great post (y)

If you would ask me that whether outbound works than my reply is that yes it surely works.

Is outbound easy and Gove quick roi... the answer is no .. outbound is not easy and you have to be very organised and professional to succeed in outbound.

I have a team of 5 who is doing outbound for my domains and I have learned hell lots.of things since I started outbound with team in November 2017

•••
Back