Labeled as guide in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by rohitgoyal, Feb 18, 2018
Thanks for the guide @rohitgoyal
Welcome... hopefully it would be useful
I think putting social media address is good idea
Yes putting linkedn handle helps in developing trust factor
Excellent info/guide. very helpful. great work. looking forward to follow up posts. Thank you.
What will you do, after sending an end-user the price for your domain, and the end-user reply saying that they will think about it.
Just LET THEM THINK ABOUT IT! hehehe...
It could be true they need time to get the money you requested, or it could be that they Wont pay you that amount and they give you a no answer, in a polite way. lol
in order to avoid that situation
I always add a line like
This price offer will be valid only until Feb 26th, 2018
and only valid until sold
The only thumb rule in domaining is that there are no thumb rules. Every case or scenario has its own solution. In case of outbound a lot depends on your desperation to sale and your need of liquidity. If i want a immediate liquidity than i would try to close the leads asap whereas if i can hold and expect a better price than will let the client move on..
Normally in such scenarios you would never hear back from the clients untill and unless you follow up couple of times. I am specifically talking about normal domains where your sale price would xxx or low xxxx.
Thats one way to go. I have tried one thing which has worked out for me. In couple of cases client said that they dont have liquidity right now and would be able to complete the transaction after 1-2 month. In such cases i ask the client to pay a minor advance so that we can hold the domain for them and they can claim the domain whenever they wish to complete the transaction. I had 3 such cases and all the leads finally got closed though i did i have to follow up couple of times for the same.
Alternatively i have also provided installment option to the client. I had a domain for which we had a deal for $500. I asked the client to pay $200 upfront and remaining $300 he can pay in 3 installment of $100 each. Now the catch over here is that i transfer the domain to client's account after receiving $200 . It was a risk which i took but the domain was acquired for $2 from namepros so i was fine with the deal.
interesting information from an experienced domainer
I have the same situation right now. I own the EMD .com for his .co (pretty long 3 words domain). We agreed at 400, but then he said "I'll have the money next month". I told him I will forward my domain to his website for 1 month, but the price will be 500. He agreed. I'll see next month if it will be a sale or not.
Great all the best and wish deal does get closed.
Thanks for sharing @rohitgoyal you inspired me to do more outbound 😁
My pleasure buddy... wish you great success with outbound..
Nice post and very educative
Thanks for the post, can you tell us how do you find email from decision making person if you are looking for it?
Great post, agree with most parts. Thought I'd add this to the post;
If you have included a price in initial email and you get a response "No Thank you" Always thanks them for the reply and ask why not?
That question alone has increased my knowledge, you actually make it sort of interaction, if its the price you'll know how much end user values domain at and you often get interesting answers.
Followup again is key, I tend to followup after 3-4 days after 1st email. Once a week/10 days thereafter with any changes in price and asking how can I make it work.
If it weren't for outbounds I'd have sold 0 domains since I started.
Follow up emails:
In my outbound tool box , a follow up email is alway done after the first email. I use streak to determine who viewed the email but I will email all.
Here is what I include:
I am follow up on the previous email regarding the domain name.
Are you interested?"
The reason I include a closed ended question is to get him/her to commit. Either "yes" or "No". This will allow you either close the deal or move on. The response rate is about 30% of those email that did not originally respond.
Here is another question you can ask if the deal is at a stand still:
"Have you given up on this deal?"
I have had quick responses from buyers when asked.
Hope this helps.
really surprised to see that a similar initial long pitch works with corporate I usually have better response rate when the pitch is very short (a couple of sentences)
What kind of sales should I put in the email where you have the examples ?
Check related domain sales at namebio.com and you can share the same
Very informative, @rohitgoyal da. Thank you so much!
My domain was sold on 23/09/2018 after I accepted offer from one of the buyers. But payment was pending for days.So I sent email to Godaddy team regarding the issue. They replied that the buyer had some time to make payment. Till today it's still pending. I don't have any idea what to do now.
Separate names with a comma.