IT.COM

Opinions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
i got a nasty cease and desist letter from a corporation about one of my domains

its similiar to discount-car-rentals.info

and the discount car rental corp wants me to stop using it to provide links to discount car rental companies

i wrote back saying that the name was all generic words and that i dont actually rent cars nor am i selling the name

do you think they have a chance ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Atta way to stand your ground,You may wanna research thier complaint somewhat though just as a precaution.

•••
Nope, not if I'm guessing what the real domain name is correctly.
-Allan

•••
samename said:
i got a nasty cease and desist letter from a corporation about one of my domains

its similiar to discount-car-rentals.info

and the discount car rental corp wants me to stop using it to provide links to discount car rental companies

Uh...do you mean the corporation wants you to transfer the name to them,
let it be deleted, or they just really want you to stop providing links to their
competitors?

•••
Thanks for the responses

i would guess that they want me to pull the site down ...

its kind of interesting to me because the name and its components are so generic that if a corp can protect a poorly choosen brand name like that then us small folks are truly toast ... as if i didnt know that ... hell, theyre taking out patents on plant life as we speak ... !!!!!

day 2 and still no response to my response ...

•••
you really would be better off telling us the domain name. you cant expect a stron answer any other way.

See Nissan.com or Milka.fr. both of those are under "duress" from.. corporate icons... it just depends on the words and your intentions really.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back