Dynadot

Opening your own parking company ? ... and become a millionaire ?

Spaceship
Watch

ama86

Account Closed
Impact
Yo wasuupp everybody,

I was just pondering the thoughts of opening my own parking company.

Lets say everyday I can earn $1 from every domainer, and lets say there are 20,000 sites parked at my company.

That means everyday I make $20,000

and thats means within 50 days, I can be a millionaire.

Of course, it sounds easy, but there is lots of work to be done, So what do you guys think of this idea ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Plus, you also have the option of

1) Making money from impressions (even without clicks)
2) CPA revenues (no need to disclose this to the domaineer)
3) Making money from unaccounted clicks ( who would know if a few clicks were missing...right?)
4) Great opportunity to have a solid excuse for all questions. "I am bound by Google or my feed provider to not reveal data...cool)
5) In times of trouble, all you need to do is send out quick emails closing accounts for invalid clicks and deny payments ... and keep the dollars for yourself...neat)

Nothing could be better than this...you win and squeeze the domaineer from every possible angle.

•••
You are assuming that every domainer only has 1 domain. If all 20,000 sites are only owned by 1 domainer, it'll be awhile before you see any return.

•••
Varon said:

3) Making money from unaccounted clicks ( who would know if a few clicks were missing...right?)
4) Great opportunity to have a solid excuse for all questions. "I am bound by Google or my feed provider to not reveal data...cool)
5) In times of trouble, all you need to do is send out quick emails closing accounts for invalid clicks and deny payments ... and keep the dollars for yourself...neat)

Nothing could be better than this...you win and squeeze the domaineer from every possible angle.

Wow man, what could be better? A poke in the eye?

Last edited:
•••
DnPresident said:
Wow man, what could be better? A poke in the eye?

In fact there are even more tricks we will never be able to verify...

The "Traffic Geographic Origin" factor...lol... . Okay, a domaineer gets a lot of traffic from "some countries" and then suddenly the domain parking provider issues a notice that we will no longer accept traffic from certain geo locations.. sweet. So if a domaineer was getting 100 uniques per day, his stats start showing 10-15 uniques. What happens to the remaining 80 uniques and the clicks they generate is a mystery...and a nice way of making additional bucks. The domaineer is made to feel guilty that his traffic is "bad".. and is happy keeping the few cents/dollars that the parking company dishes out to him, thinking that they are doing him a great favor by accepting his "bad traffic"...

ama...I hope to see you become a millionaire soon. :)

Last edited:
•••
Varon said:

Nice Post...Varon

That about sums it up, As best as could be said. Sick of all the BS? I have said, I will start a organization for domain parkers, Just for the domainer, I need to see that there will be enough domainers that are interested in a organization for the domainer, Before i can start building the site, If you are interested in such an organization, PM me.

•••
ama86 said:
Yo wasuupp everybody,

I was just pondering the thoughts of opening my own parking company.

Lets say everyday I can earn $1 from every domainer, and lets say there are 20,000 sites parked at my company.

Of course, it sounds easy, but there is lots of work to be done, So what do you guys think of this idea ?

need a partner???? :hi:

•••
domainsdepot said:
need a partner???? :hi:

Now we are getting some where :)

•••
lol let me get up on this, 3rd partner right here ;)

•••
Im0utz said:
lol let me get up on this, 3rd partner right here ;)

The more, The better.

•••
What incentives are you offering to make your parking business competitive against existing parking companies?

•••
WolfMother said:
What incentives are you offering to make your parking business competitive against existing parking companies?

I'll take 25% if these ideas are used ;)

1. We'll show you the $20 clicks for 3 hours, instead of a few minutes, so you can get excited till we trim it down to 20c. :o

2. We'll redirect a % of your traffic to our 'high value type in' domains to justify traffic 'checking'. :rolleyes:

3. We will only charge you 5% instead of the industry average of 6% to pay you. :p

Nice post Varon, right on the money and entertaining too!

•••
ama86 said:

Keep in mind you'll have high startup costs for coding, design, marketing, law/negotiations, as well as administrative costs and fraud-protection issues.

•••
rfm said:
Keep in mind you'll have high startup costs for coding, design, marketing, law/negotiations, as well as administrative costs and fraud-protection issues.
Don't forget....

BANDWIDTH

•••
Yeah I'm feeling you guys. We are getting very small amount of payments while the parking companies are taking most of the profits. There's got to be a way to generate more revenue than $0.09/click from these parking companies. Is this the reason why Bodis and iModo came to life?

•••
rfm said:

I am a signature away, From having my own ad publishing company, The contract is on the table, My lawyer is walking right beside me, It is not that complicated, Now i am just pondering, Am i going to establish a domain parking company, Rather than a ad publishing company, My feed origin will not be from , Google nor Yahoo, The amount of funding it takes between an ad publishing company -VS- a parking company is significant. That is why i had decided to start a ad publishing company, It is far more less expensive. But i am looking into funding, and the necessary programing and ect, to establish a parking company, once i find out how funding i will need to establish one, I will make a decision.

Devil_Dog said:
Don't forget....

BANDWIDTH

Bandwidth is the lessor of most evils involved with establishing a parking

mwzd said:
I'll take 25% if these ideas are used ;)

1. We'll show you the $20 clicks for 3 hours, instead of a few minutes, so you can get excited till we trim it down to 20c. :o

2. We'll redirect a % of your traffic to our 'high value type in' domains to justify traffic 'checking'. :rolleyes:

3. We will only charge you 5% instead of the industry average of 6% to pay you. :p

Nice post Varon, right on the money and entertaining too!

:lol: You pretty much know exactly how the companies work, False promises, And a person needs waders, just to wade through all thier BS.

Smiler said:
Yeah I'm feeling you guys. We are getting very small amount of payments while the parking companies are taking most of the profits. There's got to be a way to generate more revenue than $0.09/click from these parking companies. Is this the reason why Bodis and iModo came to life?

I think you may be right on key, And what a better time for Bodis and iMoDo to come to life, I will set myself out on a limb, I predict 50% of the parking companies that have their doors open for service today, Wont in one year from now, The companies that are fair, and do business on the level, will be around, The ones that don't, Will have to close shop.

Last edited:
•••
.X. said:
I predict 50% of the parking companies that have their doors open for service today, Wont in one year from now, The companies that are fair, and do business on the level, will be around, The ones that don't, Will have to close shop.

I disagree, you forget every year a ton of noobs join the web. A lot of them fancy themselves as 'cool domainers' and will park imsocoolandievenpark.com and wait for the four figure offers and the millions of parking dollars. (But it said so on TV! Millions of dollars are paid out every month, wheres mine?)

About your organisation, what are your aims? How will it be different from DNOA or ICA?

And why not start a new thread for it, instead of posting it here...

•••
Hehe, what an amusing thread..

I think what most of you seem to be angling for is some kind of voice in which to table your concerns and opinions. Well, forgive me for saying so guys, but hasnt the DNOA been created just for stuff like this? Im sure the guys elected here would be only too willing to hear from anyone willing to help.

Regarding the downer towards parking companies in general, I can tell you personally that from the EU side of the pond, the guys running these companies do everything and anything they can to serve the interests of domainers. You need only look to Namedrive's recent 48hr outting and Ed Russells regular and continuous "updates" to keep you guys informed. They deserve the utmost credit for this and in particular the fact that will be paying you guys out of their own pockets for the clicks you missed out on.. I know roughly the figures involved here and its not pocket change let me assure you.

Still tired of parking company BS?

Anyway, to keep it all lighthearted, Ive also compiled a "Varon'esque" set of bullet points:

1; Newbie domainers with new registrations complaining about not getting their reg fee back in PPC in the first month
2; Rife click fraud from simple techniques such as similar IP's all clicking one anothers ads to more complex stuff like botnet clicks from random IP's.
3; Being stuck between the devil and deep blue sea by being party to information your upstream provider forbids you from disclosing and domainers demanding they get to know.
4; Forever being held under the mistrust spotlight because there a "possibility" that some clicks dont get reported - despite the fact that any parking company doing so would be risking their entire business and reputation.
5; Fighting a continuous traffic flood and ddos avalanche.
6; Being open about which countries clicks are accepted from (dictated to by upstream providers) and then getting moaned at because a certain country isnt on that list.
7; Receiving continuous PM's and Emails saying things like "Please point my domains to your nameservers", "I mailed you an hour ago, and you havent replied, you suck", "please pay me $500 this month, I know I only earned $2 but I think my domain is worth more"

:)

•••
Badger said:
Anyway, to keep it all lighthearted, Ive also compiled a "Varon'esque" set of bullet points:

1; Newbie domainers with new registrations complaining about not getting their reg fee back in PPC in the first month
2; Rife click fraud from simple techniques such as similar IP's all clicking one anothers ads to more complex stuff like botnet clicks from random IP's.
3; Being stuck between the devil and deep blue sea by being party to information your upstream provider forbids you from disclosing and domainers demanding they get to know.
4; Forever being held under the mistrust spotlight because there a "possibility" that some clicks dont get reported - despite the fact that any parking company doing so would be risking their entire business and reputation.
6; Being open about which countries clicks are accepted from (dictated to by upstream providers) and then getting moaned at because a certain country isnt on that list.
7; Receiving continuous PM's and Emails saying things like "Please point my domains to your nameservers", "I mailed you an hour ago, and you havent replied, you suck", "please pay me $500 this month, I know I only earned $2 but I think my domain is worth more"

:hehe: Ian (is that correct?), really funny.

No offence meant to you or any other parking company for that matter, more like a compilation of what all you could do if your only aim is to defraud. Whether its a domainer or a parking company.

I'll add a few of 'domainers' queries -

8. I made $1600 from 9 domains in a week, but the parking company banned me and swallowed my money. And what do they mean by bad traffic? I didn't click the ads, I had my friends and cousins click bomb!

9. The parking company should keep only 10%, enough to cover their costs and make profits, after all its 10% of ALL the domains they host, not just mine.

10. I haven't even received one offer through this parking company for iamsocoolandievenpark.com - this company sucks for sales!

I could go on but have work to do... :p

•••
Badger said:

Not that you could disclose anything material, but what kind of information does your provider forbid you from releasing? Certain types of stats? What?

As to the thought that the parking companies that are dishonest bieng the ones that are still around in a year, you've got it backwards. They're the ones that are cash cows for their owners. Its the honest ones that will go belly up. Its a sad observation, but far more realistic.

•••
Badger said:
Hehe, what an amusing thread..

lol....yeah ;) But its worth the trouble being a parking company, right? The stakes involved are too high to bother about these "now normal" occurences. I understand that Yahoo has certain parameters set for the geo location, but Google is fair towards it. And considering that just a few parking companies have a yahoo feed, its a negligible factor being made big by some parking companies who don't even have a yahoo feed. :)

And cmon badger...be a sport...you aren't really implying that my previous 5 points are not a reality? They do happen and you know it ..lol.... :)

Last edited:
•••
blaknite said:
Not that you could disclose anything material, but what kind of information does your provider forbid you from releasing? Certain types of stats? What?

As to the thought that the parking companies that are dishonest bieng the ones that are still around in a year, you've got it backwards. They're the ones that are cash cows for their owners. Its the honest ones that will go belly up. Its a sad observation, but far more realistic.

Exactly ... :)

•••
blaknite said:

Actually, one root provider actually doesnt provide #of clicks, its up to the parking company to decipher this for themselves.

There are lots of things which are impossible to pass on, mainly because you cannot pass anything on which has an influence.

Think of something you want to know, and i'll try and tell you why you dont get to know it. Believe me its not because parking companies are trying to be awkward.

•••
Badger said:
Actually, one root provider actually doesnt provide #of clicks, its up to the parking company to decipher this for themselves.

And also decide the CPC to be allocated...WOW!! Holy cow... so the domaineer thinks he got 10 clicks but the reality is that he could have got 2 clicks for a higher CPC. And the domain parking company guesstimates the keyword CPC and allocates the clicks... really neat ..

Thanks for this insight Ian. Nice to know the parking splendors, hitherto unknown.

5 stars given to this thread by Ama86. I can't help feeling amused myself... :blink:

Last edited:
•••
The whole parking environment is an ethical mystery. Will we ever see through it? No, not a fat chance in hell.
There have been countless threads on NP asking for explanations for many questions. Some have received answers, some vague statements and some have received no explanation at all.
In the end, as a domainer i've come to understand and accept the facts that i can only hope for the parking provider's ethical behavior.

ND: Ed performed damage control in taking the step forward and admitting to the problems. What else did he have left to do? Turn his head the other way? Not quite an option i'd say. Covering the pay outs during the downtime is the least that ND can do to retain their clients as well as reputation and continue business.

So far, i've only been truly happy with 2 parking companies, given the fact that there are tons of them out there and having tried many of them, that's actually a sad testament.

Let's hope that Parked remains as attentive, Bodis as innovative and we'll see what iModo has in store....

IB

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back