Domain Empire

Opening your own parking company ? ... and become a millionaire ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ama86

Account Closed
Impact
Yo wasuupp everybody,

I was just pondering the thoughts of opening my own parking company.

Lets say everyday I can earn $1 from every domainer, and lets say there are 20,000 sites parked at my company.

That means everyday I make $20,000

and thats means within 50 days, I can be a millionaire.

Of course, it sounds easy, but there is lots of work to be done, So what do you guys think of this idea ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Paddy said:
Since the parking space is already getting crowded (as someone mentioned), perhaps a key point to look at is the market and its potential growth opportunities.

The majority of traffic names are from typeins or linkpop domains. Generic typein traffic is very finite and most of the people which own the best of these portfolios have found other ways to monetize them instead of using the regular parking providers. In fact, some do use their existing volume to negotiate better rates from the ad providers, in order to start their own parking company. Net result- a shrinking market of generic typeins to be competed for.

Now, theoretically, there could be an endless supply of linkpop domains from ex-websites. But as traffic quality is an increasing concern, perhaps these types of names will also take a beating soon, if not already. Also, if we take into account that for the majority of such names, the traffic dies off within a few months, in order for the market to grow, the number (& quality) of new linkpop domains entering the parking market must be greater than the death rate of the existing parked linkpop domains. :)

With a limited (and potentially shrinking) market volume, it doesnt seem to make sense to enter this ppc/parking business without having unique propositions to give you a competitive edge. The back of the envelope calculation in the OP may seem very attractive but when you reflect on the $xx,xxx or potentially higher cost to ND for the recent events, its enough to make you think twice.

Excellent Points ...Paddy

You have to bring something new to the table, To be able to compete, The more incentives, the better, A lot companies don't pay CPM, the companies that do, seem to be attracting more domain parkers.

•••
how about a parking co-op? a non profit parking company that domainers can buy into? Like a country club? . . all the finances are completely transparent etc.

•••
hitchhiker said:
a non profit parking company that domainers can buy into?

The aim I assume is to ensure you get 100% revenue?

In that case why bother.

Signup with Bodis.com and get the 100% revenue share.

•••
Are most parking services created w/ custom built programming or are any of the popular ones using a turn key script? What are some of the issues w/ an adsense feed as it relates to content - adsense and G in general being big on content?

•••
Google Adsense

If i make a parking company how can i place the ads on it? i think google ad sense not working on 1st page of the site and the parking has only one page.

•••
meegwell said:
are any of the popular ones using a turn key script?

:shudder:

You wont get many domainers parking with you on a turnkey script.

Ad feeds don't work on your content but on the keywords...

•••
•••
If you guys are seriously interesting is starting a parking company, let me know. Programatically, developing a parking company is not that difficult. I run a web development company with 15 developers and 3 designers in Vancouver BC. I was thinking of starting a parked company as well sometime next year. Our client list ranges from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies. If any of you are really serious, give me a shout, I will let you know the name of my company and we can definately brainstorm more on how to tap into the parking market.

•••
craig311 said:
If you guys are seriously interesting is starting a parking company, let me know. Programatically, developing a parking company is not that difficult. I run a web development company with 15 developers and 3 designers in Vancouver BC. I was thinking of starting a parked company as well sometime next year. Our client list ranges from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies. If any of you are really serious, give me a shout, I will let you know the name of my company and we can definately brainstorm more on how to tap into the parking market.

I'm down to brain storm a bit. . . :), pm me and I'll give you my aim etc?

mwzd said:
The aim I assume is to ensure you get 100% revenue?

In that case why bother.

Signup with Bodis.com and get the 100% revenue share.

wont last forever . . . plus complete financial transparency is important . . .

•••
mwzd said:
:shudder:

You wont get many domainers parking with you on a turnkey script.

Ad feeds don't work on your content but on the keywords...

well its not me but more so just curious. With my domains, I looked for bulk configuration. I dont want to have to customize each page (hundreds) - but I do want some keyword relevance to the domain itself.

If I could put in a handful of keywords, and have meta tags, content/links and ads somewhat reflect them...that would be nice.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back