IT.COM

.ooo registry cancels domains 9 months after registration!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
i think this warrants a discussion here?

"Dear xxxxxx,

The .OOO registry has informed us that they will be cancelling the registrations for the following domains that you own:

T.OOO
S.OOO

Due to a registry error, these domains were released for registration and hence, the registry will be cancelling the registrations. The domains will be cancelled by the registry within the next 24 hours. We will then be issuing you a refund for each domain. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Best,
Dynadot Support Team"

This poor excuse for a registry deserves to be one of the first to crash and burn. Over 50 buyers affected,maybe more.

A Twitter, Facebook etc campaign to tell them exactly what we think is warranted perhaps?

Single letters are about the only ones with potential value in this crappy gtld and after 9 months they do this! Wan-ers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Perhaps my memory is failing me, but didn't ICANN decide to disallow single-character SLDs for the new gTLDs? Such restrictions are imposed by ICANN, but it's up to the registries to enforce them. If this is the case, ICANN may have demanded their removal.

If that's not the case, then clearly they're looking at their budget and trying to figure out how they can break even. Selling single-character SLDs for a pretty penny is probably a tempting way to make a quick buck.

1 letters are allowed, 2 letters are not

•••
•••
Those greedy b..ches

And they want people buy their crap.

It is not only new TLDs btw. Freenom, registry for .ml and .ga, did the same BS with my .ml domains a month after they were registered.

•••
•••
I lost 38 domain names
1-9.ooo

•••
Looks like they're hoping you will over-pay for them out of desperation. Either that or somebody made them an offer they couldn't refuse, and they decided to screw you over. There is no "error" here other than the one made by .ooo that results in a damaged reputation.

•••
tianjunjie - Can you list the names so we get a better idea of what they took?

•••
Reminder: Please be respectful and avoid antagonizing other members
•••
Very sorry to read this. Let's spread the information with the hope that this gTLD will fail miserably.

•••
betraying...not accepted in anyway...what an error? What if we do so?? I sold one domain on lower price on Flippa by error, I didn't wait to push it for a while and completed the transaction.

It's totally against ethics..

•••
The fact that N .ooo is still active and with a live site strenghtens how wrong this.

•••
Start compiling a list of every .ooo domain that was taken back, and demand to know what the 'error' is and where it says in the registration agreement that the error was proper basis for taking your name(s) back.

•••
Reminder: Please don't crash threads
Very useful post did you put a lot of thought in to that?

Yes, I did.
Try to read this forum more... and also there are some thoughts you might take into consideration:
1) .com is traditional, no risk domain:
2) .com is proven, memorable and reliable;
3) .com's registry will not cancel your domain 9 months after registration!

•••
Yes, I did.
Try to read this forum more... and also there are some thoughts you might take into consideration:
1) .com is traditional, no risk domain:
2) .com is proven, memorable and reliable;
3) .com's registry will not cancel your domain 9 months after registration!

The thread is related to .ooo not .com and as such I considered your post a troll,and I was not alone in that thought.

•••
My post was related to this thread though I was too short in it.
If you didn't understand, then you should know I am sorry to hear about your experience and I suggest next time to choose more reliable registrar/domain extension, and .com is one of them. I am not promoting .com, you asked me to explain my thoughts - I did.
In fact you should know already, that many registrars are not reliable, you wrote 6000+ messages, so I expect beside writing you were also listening to other people experiences.

Reminder: Please be respectful and avoid antagonizing other members - that's warning to you, and I hope we can continue communication here with mutual respect.

•••
After the minor attempted thread disruption.

Back on the thread subject which is .ooo.

Dynadot alone confirmed at least 70 .ooo domains were cancelled/deleted after 9 months and more than one week after the cancellations they have yet to receive any refunds from the registry to return to investors, I guess around $20K?

Any cancellations/deletions at other registrars?

•••
Now offering single letter .ooo for $1699

Buy.ooo shows them as not available but if you watch the search it shows $1699 per year for a very short time, could not "catch" it on my iPad but a good screenshot app should do it?

I think they have basically killed much chance of any success with their antics, At least I sincerely hope so!

•••
Sorry to here about your grievances wot. .ooo is absurd. If this was me, I would send out a PR shaming their practices filled with all the numbers and some victim statements and hope some bigger channel gets wind of it. ICAAN bares blame in this too. But all said and done, it may not even be worth the effort. Good luck.

•••
Any website focused on front running or something like this thread topic? Maybe the domain King might have a say on this too.

Cause seems pure BS. I've also seen names that are way overdue their drop dates!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back