IT.COM

.ooo registry cancels domains 9 months after registration!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
i think this warrants a discussion here?

"Dear xxxxxx,

The .OOO registry has informed us that they will be cancelling the registrations for the following domains that you own:

T.OOO
S.OOO

Due to a registry error, these domains were released for registration and hence, the registry will be cancelling the registrations. The domains will be cancelled by the registry within the next 24 hours. We will then be issuing you a refund for each domain. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Best,
Dynadot Support Team"

This poor excuse for a registry deserves to be one of the first to crash and burn. Over 50 buyers affected,maybe more.

A Twitter, Facebook etc campaign to tell them exactly what we think is warranted perhaps?

Single letters are about the only ones with potential value in this crappy gtld and after 9 months they do this! Wan-ers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah that is a bunch of BS. This just goes to show that registering .ooo gTLD extension is not safe for any business or person as they could have their domain yanked for "registry error"

Another reason to stick with established extensions like .com

•••
-----

Last edited:
•••
Another TLD that comes with a cash back guarantee. Your chance.

•••
Another TLD that comes with a cash back guarantee. Your chance.

First time I haven't lost money on my few gtlds then! B-)

But obviously the thread didn't warrant an open discussion and relegated to the gtld backwater.

•••
It is a crock but if people actually read user agreements no one would be buying anything.

•••
Probably got the idea from dot market. Wonder which gTLD registry will be next?

•••
Take the money and run.

•••
After 9 hours...sure, I can see that.
After 9 days...maybe they didn't catch it right away and were busy with the launch.
After 9 MONTHS - not weeks, but months - that's just wrong.

I'm sure the domain name news sites would be interested in covering this.

•••
OOO.sucks is $2398 that sucks!

•••
•••
•••
•••
ooo no!

This is unacceptable behavior. Likely at least 1 of the people like yourself who have had names yanked have already resold them to someone else since buying nearly a year ago.. how would a situation like this effect a name that was already sold on the secondary market? ICANN needs to look into regulating this type of practice, giving at least some weight to registrant rights over the registries that have lined their pockets and can write / re-write their own rules as they go for whatever reason or error they choose.

•••
9 months! Outrageous! :ahhh:

This registry deserves a total boycott. Let's spread the word!

•••
•••
I would complain to ICANN but expect to hear, sorry all new gtld's are supposed to have a minimum of 3 characters..... :(

In any case this is not right if you were paypal or amazon they wouldn't dare touch it!

•••
•••
Yes, .markets did it to me and others.

It's untrue that 1 character isn't allowed and only three for all of them as I have several 1 character gTLDS.

Just another crying error, you'll see them at auction or listed for a very high renewal in the future.

About all we can do is name and shame .ooo and .markets for their actions. JMO..

Last edited:
•••
B.ooo to the registry. At what point is the domain yours?

Many of these new registries seem extremely sleazy. I guess that is what happens when you lower the bar to own an extension.

Brad

•••
B.ooo to the registry. At what point is the domain yours?

Many of these new registries seem extremely sleazy. I guess that is what happens when you lower the bar to own an extension.

Brad

.club didn't cry error during mistakes. Bit the bullet and moved on. Guess time will tell who has class or will crash. :xf.smile:

•••
This is why I don't have any .ooo domains.

@wot, remember our thread about .ooo? https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-new-gtld-domains-have-you-registered.816203/page-28
Dynadot:
24844_eef8fd0eeaae731f68a0e9029903ceb5.png

•••
This is absolutely ridiculous. What's next, all registries take back all the names that have sold for $10,000 or more?
So this means that transfer.money, which sold for $90,000 can just be taken back by the registry tomorrow?!?

•••
Perhaps my memory is failing me, but didn't ICANN decide to disallow single-character SLDs for the new gTLDs? Such restrictions are imposed by ICANN, but it's up to the registries to enforce them. If this is the case, ICANN may have demanded their removal.

If that's not the case, then clearly they're looking at their budget and trying to figure out how they can break even. Selling single-character SLDs for a pretty penny is probably a tempting way to make a quick buck.

•••
I think they only disallowed 2 characters in the beginning.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back