IT.COM

Is .bet registry rubbish ? Just like a robber !

NameSilo
Watch

dotplus

Established Member
Impact
the story is that i have got next.bet in 101domain.com but next.bet have now been awarded to another party .
they tell me that :
Due to a clerical error by the .BET Registry that occurred during the start of the General Availability launch, next.bet have now been awarded to another party. This clerical error at the registry level caused several domain name registration requests from several registrars to fail. The registry reserves the right to correct such clerical issues. To correct this, the registrations have been awarded to the registrant and registrar that submitted the first request on a particular domain name.
Don't you want me to take responsibility for .bet registry mistake ? If the registry can easily get back the domain name has been registered, I believe that the domain name suffix is not far from the closing.
I think it's not just my domains have been recycled. If you have something like that, please tell me about that.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It happened the same to me. Yesterday i had the domain on my account which i pre-ordered and got on March 3, i had been using it for the last 5 days (for development), and now it's gone, i contacted name.com support and no reply yet. My opinion is the .bet registry is shady and i'm glad i didn't follow the NNNN buyout craziness now that .bet was banned in china.

•••
It happened the same to me. the domain is sun.bet

•••
Another clerical mistake in another extension. Not the first, nor the last.
The whole gTLD program was launched in beta mode after all :lookaround:

•••
This is the reply from name.com support, needless to say, it was my only and last .bet registration, i will stick with the good old .com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings,

Thank you for your continued support of Name.com. As it turns out the registry there was an error with the .BET registry where users were awarded domains that should have been placed at a different registrar during the LandRush period. In this case your Pre-Registration for ***.bet was unfortunately rejected and in turn we have refunded your order in the amount of $21.98. Kindly give 3-5 business days for the refund to be notated depending on your provider.

I emailed your registrant email yesterday about the error as well.

I again apologize on the registry's behalf about the error and hope this does not prevent you from making future pre-registrations with us. If you have any question or concerns that we can help you with definitely let us know. We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Jonny
Name.com

•••
Don't do business with them and transfer all domains away from your current registrar.
Sorry for your losses.

•••
I registered over 30 domains .BET, 3 and 4 letters from Godaddy and It was successful all, even registered WON.BET.

•••
I registered over 30 domains .BET, 3 and 4 letters from Godaddy and It was successful all, even registered WON.BET.

won.bet nice one!

•••
I think you really got to know what your looking for when it comes to .bet, endusers are very keen on certain gambling related keywords most of which are premium.

The gambling niche has been a lucrative one for many and past sales are good.

I should add that .bet is not a 'Generic' TLD as such, it is more specifically associated with the gambling/betting niche and should only be speculated as such.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back