IT.COM

oneprettydomain.com project!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I missed the oneuglydomain project so much that I have decided to take it upon myself to revive it in an altered form!

It has launched as oneprettydomain.com and I have simplified the rules and process to hopefully keep things moving a bit quicker and easier this time.

Basically it will be a one week submission period, with a trade to be chosen (or not) at the end of the week. There will be no voting, as I believe trying to have the subjective process of choosing a domain through a voting process hurt the original project. The trade choices, bad or (hopefully) good, will all be on myself, with hopefully much discussion (as before) on the perceived merits or mistakes.

Only easily transferred domains (no restrictive country codes a la .ca or .us) from members of the forum will be considered.

At the end of 52 weeks, (and hopefully 52 trades), the final domain will either be sold or developed. We'll see how discussion goes on that. :)

I hope we can get back to having some fun with this, and see where it all ends up at the end of the 52 weeks. This project is all about promoting our industry, and raising awareness of this "unknown" and growing part of our modern economy!

The first domain offered is indeed a pretty one - Plentiful.net (enom - renewal feb 2009 - one word dictionary - 9 million google).

So check out www.oneprettydomain.com, for all of the rules, deadlines and other information.

I will post about this in the uglydomain thread as well.

Cheers!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We have another offer ...

EatingHabit.net

lots of potential!

Last edited:
•••
under 3 hours to get your week 3 offers in!

•••
•••
lots of nice domains offered so far!

NotUsual.com
ShopSafari.com
CarsNorth.com
EverythingTwice.com
LoserWinner.com
LittleCelebs.com
AboutCameroon.com
MusicAmateurs.com
MySuperstition.com
AsianSUV.com
EatingHabit.net
UltimateHomeLoan.com

a little time left to get those offers in ...

•••
After much analysis and consideration, I just cannot see a sure trade up this week and consequently the QRXJ.com and PQVJ.com package (registered through 2013) will be held over for Week 4. The offers were all very tempting, and all but one were .com's, a great indicator that the offers are definitely strengthening as the project progresses. Thanks to all who submitted, and I look forward to the trade offers this week!

•••
Still looking for offers for Week 4.

The 2 LLLL.com's regged through 2013 are on the block.

I thought they would generate a bit more interest, as they are so liquid.

•••
First Week 4 offer is in. Alex, of this forum, has offered:

OccultSites.com

A nice dot com with lots and lots of potential.

And I really want to trade the pretty LLLL.com package (both regged 'til 2013!) and advertising this week to a lucky trader. By the way, traffic to the site continues to increase, so the free advertising is a better bonus than ever.

•••
munkybrain said:
First Week 4 offer is in. Alex, of this forum, has offered:

OccultSites.com

A nice dot com with lots and lots of potential.

And I really want to trade the pretty LLLL.com package (both regged 'til 2013!) and advertising this week to a lucky trader. By the way, traffic to the site continues to increase, so the free advertising is a better bonus than ever.
Nice domain with good development potential. It sure would be nice if traders would include traffic/revenue stats for each domain offered.

•••
Thanks for pointing out the "traffic factor". I always assume that if traffic is not mentioned by a trader, then it is because it is not significant enough to be mentioned, which is fine. Some domains will be valuable without traffic (brandable, LLLL.com, development potential, niche market potential, etc.), but if there is significant traffic the trader should indeed mention that because that is another important element of potential value, as we all know.

In this case, OccultSites.com does not currently have any significant traffic (thanks much for that additional info, Alex), but is of course chock full of development potential!

Looking forward to more offers so I can give away 2 pretty LLLL.com's this week. Did I mention they are also regged for the next 5 years?

:)

•••
Another offer is in ...

ChocolateRecipes.info - very tasty!

Speaking of .info's, who else is a big fan of the .info extension. I think it is THE sleeper extension.

•••
munky, you are in the wrong business!

•••
•••
no, info is cool- you are just such a smooth talker :)

•••
hey, that is a very nice thing to say!

you are pretty smooth yourself ... ;)

•••
2 offers in so far - deadline is tonight at midnight ...

looking for that next lucky trader!

•••
It's looking like it might be a showdown between
OccultSites.com and ChocolateRecipes.info. :talk:

•••
most offers tend to come in late in the day ...

so who wants 2 pretty LLLL.com's?

QRXJ.com and PQVJ.com (regged through 2013).

and also some nice advertising to do with what you will.

I think people have maybe been too busy this week to make offers 'cause they're following the Spitzer "affair". On a lark I registered emporerclub.com (typo variation of the actual club name) at the beginning of the week right after the story broke. 2000 visitors later I've made $80.00 (parked and sedopro). Crazy interwebs. :)

more offers added ...

SouthCarolinaProperty.net
LoveMissouri.com
AsiaVacation.info

•••
Offers this week:

1. OccultSites.com
2. ChocolateRecipes.info
3. SouthCarolinaProperty.net
4. LoveMissouri.com
5. AsiaVacation.info
6. Hirings.org, Incumbents.org, NanotechnologyTV.com, TermDeposit.net, BBQD.net Package
7. Permet.net (Albanian City)

Doing analysis but would love some always valuable namepros user opinions!

Are any of these worthy of the LLLL.com package? (QRXJ.com and PQVJ.com)

help me out here guys and girls!

•••
permet has over 77 million google results- it seems to also be a typo for permit-
in french, it is also the third person singular indicative present tense form of permettre; allows, permits.

just some info-

•••
thanks, smash, I noticed that google score on permet as well.

I am pretty sure I have a winner from one of the others, but still analyzing, so everyone feel free to throw in their 2 cents (it's priceless info to me!)

To give a hint, I have a soft spot for geo/realty type names ... :$: :)

•••
This is a good crop. I'm sure everyone
could pick one they would like to develop...

•••
I don't think any of those are good enough!

•••
There is another reason behind my potential pick this week besides the pure "name" value. I am going to ratchet things up a bit this week and I need the right name to do so. I can't say more yet, but has to do with the big D word we domainers continually throw around ... :)

•••
Something you should know:
I believe the Alexa rank for SouthCarolinaProperty.net is fake.

http://estibot.com/results.php?domain=SouthCarolinaProperty.net
If you click on the two asterisks beside the Alexa Rank number, it tells you the Alexa rank is for lakemurrayproperty.com, NOT southcarolinaproperty.com

This is further confirmed by typing southcarolinaproperty.net into the "Site Info:" box at http://alexa.com/. A result comes up for lakemurrayproperty.com NOT southcarolinaproperty.com. Thus, the "alexa rank" is fake and does not reflect the current traffic of the domain.

I think this probably doesn't have to do with the current owner of southcarolinaproperty.net. It was probably redirected to lakemurrayproperty.com by the previous owner [before it dropped].

Be careful out there!! ;)

•••
asia vacation seems nice but its .info
anyway i wonder wat will u choose

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back