Domain Empire

oneprettydomain.com project!

NameSilo
Watch
I missed the oneuglydomain project so much that I have decided to take it upon myself to revive it in an altered form!

It has launched as oneprettydomain.com and I have simplified the rules and process to hopefully keep things moving a bit quicker and easier this time.

Basically it will be a one week submission period, with a trade to be chosen (or not) at the end of the week. There will be no voting, as I believe trying to have the subjective process of choosing a domain through a voting process hurt the original project. The trade choices, bad or (hopefully) good, will all be on myself, with hopefully much discussion (as before) on the perceived merits or mistakes.

Only easily transferred domains (no restrictive country codes a la .ca or .us) from members of the forum will be considered.

At the end of 52 weeks, (and hopefully 52 trades), the final domain will either be sold or developed. We'll see how discussion goes on that. :)

I hope we can get back to having some fun with this, and see where it all ends up at the end of the 52 weeks. This project is all about promoting our industry, and raising awareness of this "unknown" and growing part of our modern economy!

The first domain offered is indeed a pretty one - Plentiful.net (enom - renewal feb 2009 - one word dictionary - 9 million google).

So check out www.oneprettydomain.com, for all of the rules, deadlines and other information.

I will post about this in the uglydomain thread as well.

Cheers!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have decided to proceed with a trade this week!

I am trading the LLLL.com's for ...

SouthCarolinaProperty.net

and I have some fun plans for it that I will announce tomorrow ... :tu:

•••
munkybrain said:
I have decided to proceed with a trade this week!

I am trading the LLLL.com's for ...

SouthCarolinaProperty.net

and I have some fun plans for it that I will announce tomorrow ... :tu:

Hmm...interesting choice.
What was the "D" word you were talking about?

•••
edjackiel said:
Hmm...interesting choice.
What was the "D" word you were talking about?
Development? Just a guess. ;)

•••
Andres is back - and the originator of OneUglyDomain.com has kindly deigned to endorse the OnePrettyDomain.com project!

He has been VERY busy, more than knee-deep in the .mobi world (hey, I own a couple of those ...), which is why he has simply been unable to update his site. I was a big fan of his original idea hence this new incarnation of the project, and I was glad to hear he is happy to see the concept continue.

He was kind enough to post about OnePrettyDomain on his OUD site, and I will be sure to post a link and info on the original project on my site.

He has also decided to offer up the last domain he traded for, MotorizedHome.com, as the first offer for Week 5 of the OnePrettyDomain project.

Thanks much, Andres, and I hope you have time to keep your eye on the project!

Last edited:
•••
That's GREAT! This project has made an excellent turn for the best!

•••
What's the latest on this project? Kind of curious.

•••
wow, I've been busy this week ...

meant to update earlier, but here goes:

only a few hours left for week 5 offers for SouthCarolinaProperty.net.

I will add to the trade by offering the usual text ad (which I will be formatting into the site tonight, sorry for the delay for last week's winner), and also the development of a basic site and a nice starter database of South Carolina real estate contacts for the new user to use as he or she wishes. You would need your own hosting, but all of the graphics, instructions, and the contact information would be included. I meant to have this basic site done earlier in the week, but if there is an offer accepted this week, I will provide the winner everything they need by the end of next week. I do a lot of graphic design work, so you can be sure the logo will be nice!

If there are no offers accepted this week, I will have the demo SouthCarolinsProperty.net site up next week.

And was very nice for Andres to give his stamp of approval earlier this week!

•••
I just now heard of this project. It looks like OUD is dead ad dead can be... perhaps this can succeed where Andres couldn't. :)

•••
I wonder if the site is
on hiatus or finished...

•••
Did this die already? I have not seen any updates for almost 2 weeks.

•••
I've been wondering the same thing myself.

•••
Hmmm I'm thinking that every trade-up site is doomed to fail. ORPC was the exception and it succeeded with a lot of publicity, I'm thinking.

•••
_\|/_
Looks pretty dead.... must admit I like the idea.... but it does seem doomed to failure...

I can only hope that Namepros "sponsored by Rick with a Silent P" will suffer the same fate... _\|/_

(sorry .... love the turkeys... they go so well with the colour scheme)

:bingo:

•••
uber said:
_\|/_
Looks pretty dead.... must admit I like the idea.... but it does seem doomed to failure...

I can only hope that Namepros "sponsored by Rick with a Silent P" will suffer the same fate... _\|/_

(sorry .... love the turkeys... they go so well with the colour scheme)

:bingo:

I was asked several times to make a domain trade-up site. I know how to make it work but it would take more time out of my day than I can allot. With all of these domain trade-up sites, I've given up hope on them. I said in the OUD thread what I'm going to say here: Domains are too subjective. A trade-up site for the endeavor would be doomed to fail, even if I set one up.

•••
What a waste of time if it is finished.
I coughed up a couple LLLL.com's for
the domain he put up to start :
plentiful.net

•••
Yea, I think that all his trades were horrible anyways. :tri:
dontknow said:
What a waste of time if it is finished.
I coughed up a couple LLLL.com's for
the domain he put up to start :
plentiful.net

•••
i tried to start a swap thread on domains for offer , should still be up ? check it out

•••
...wow, 5 weeks, three trades, no activity for four weeks.
Dead then?

•••
I should make a trading site and get it over with lol The way to make it succeed is to have it run by a guy with a lotta time on his hands. I'm disabled and can't work so I have the time. But it seems like a worthless thing to try, really. It's only worth it in the end and I'm too impatient to wait a few years for that end to happen.

•••
Archangel said:
I should make a trading site and get it over with lol The way to make it succeed is to have it run by a guy with a lotta time on his hands. I'm disabled and can't work so I have the time. But it seems like a worthless thing to try, really. It's only worth it in the end and I'm too impatient to wait a few years for that end to happen.

Swapnames...uh I meant Zuho.com?

•••
Archangel said:
Maybe if you start with a REALLY kickass domain, it will do a little better than OUD and OPD?

•••
briman1970 said:
Maybe if you start with a REALLY kickass domain, it will do a little better than OUD and OPD?

I doubt it. You could start with a LLL.com and eventually it'll fizzle away. MAYBE I'm wrong. I could be. But who'd be stupid enough to start a trading site with a LLL.com? If there were more of a promise, I guess....

lzy said:
Swapnames...uh I meant Zuho.com?

I was wrong, ya see? It happens.

But look at eBay and the billion auction sites online. There are a few that made it big and a load that hasn't really taken off. Even if there were 10 popular auction sites, there are thousands that exist but hasn't taken flight. And 10 out of a few thousand? Very disproportional.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back