IT.COM

Oliver Maggs seller is scammer.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

EmpireNames.com

Founder @ Rooted.com Previously Empire NamesTop Member
Impact
Hi Guys.
i was trying to deal with this guy who own Gambly.com after having all proofs i decided to pay through paypal
but after receiving payment in paypal he disappeared
be carefull dont make any deal with him @Oliver Maggs
he trying to cash amount from paypal and then paypal will refund me and paypal will mark him as negative balance.
so he is trying to play game here with alot of guys..
be carefull

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please read the complete thread, Steven. To me, your sentences don't make much sense. Sorry. Plus I didn't threaten anybody but received threats. It's not good to post untrue things, based on "opinions" or "guesses". And I was not the one offering 250 more. Everything is wrong in your sentences.

Please use this thread only for correct statements. Just because you don't understand or know some details which are either posted in this thread or in the thread which is under namepros investigation. And sorry to say this, there are 3 clear options for me. But walking away for sure NOT :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
It sold again at BIN on flippa?

•••
Please read the complete thread, Steven. To me, your sentences don't make much sense. Sorry. Plus I didn't threaten anybody. It's not good to post untrue things, based on "opinions" or "guesses". And I was not the one offering 250 more. Everything is wrong in your sentences.

Please use this thread only for correct statements. Just because you don't understand or know some details which are either posted in this thread or in the thread which is under namepros investigation. And sorry to say this, there are 3 clear options for me. But walking away for sure NOT :xf.wink:

What do you mean i basically summed up exactly what you posted here... i just dint want to type everything out so i shortened it... your fault for using Bitcoin in the first place... regardless of any contract...
DONT USE BITCOIN.... move on.

I'll post a very short sum-up:

I offered $150 via PM. Seller demanded $300. I agreed and posted it in the thread. I noticed that he also holds the trademark GAMBLY. I asked and he offered to either sell both together as package for $750 by bitcoin or $1,000 by Escrow. I demanded a contract then and collected some proofs. We added more things which I demanded to the contract over a period of 2 days.

Then I decided to pay $1,000 instead for security reasons and asked him to change everything to Escrow. He accepted and created an Escrow transaction. I couldn't pay this one because it was the equivalent in GBP and no credit card was therefore accepted by Escrow. He then offered to pay him €945 by Undeveloped. I checked his profile there and tried to pay. My card payment was declined.

Then I finally made the decision to pay $750 by Bitcoin. Firstly, because we spent 2 days for the contract. Secondly, because he had an escrow and undeveloped account, I could clearly track down his domain, email and other profiles, company, business activity of the past, trademark, etc. Plus he tried to get my Escrow and Undeveloped payments. So no reason to still be suspicious with all this. Well, boy was a I wrong. Obviously, some people scam out of emotion, just when they see the opportunity.

He said he didn't receive the payment, quickly deleted our signed contract from the cloud (which I saved before but he didn't know) and transferred the BTC amount away to another BTC address 40 minutes later.

In the morning, he replied from the same email address that was used for Escrow that he wouldn't have any Escrow or NamePros account and threatened me. Since that he keeps writing untrue things despite the fact that I can prove every single detail. The newest story is that the BTC reached his account but he was somehow scammed and they aren't there anymore. Also, he deactivated his LinkedIn, and he added more privacy to his Facebook account. Now you can't see his friends anymore, for instance. But I saved everything before he deleted things.

I've offered him to solve it. Else denounce and more to come. So the conclusion of the story is that people can still scam you even when they first didn't have the intention (escrow, etc) and if you have full evidence. Some people simply don't care about anything.

The BTC address and many other legal things are part of the signed contract. You can find the transaction here and see how he quickly transferred it away like a little scammer.

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1FLMbrF9RRvWZApLZQ2UmQ37v7DsBfBtsR

@Oliver Maggs, if you want to solve this in a better way for both of us, for you too, then you know how to contact me.

IMPORTANT: If everyone who made a payment to this user can please contact me, no matter if they get a refund or not, I would be thankful. Then we can take actions together.

•••
Please can you leave these offtopic posts with imo bad advices? They contain only 50% true things, Steven. And there are more important things right now, IMO. And sorry to turn down your proposal to walk away. But I am no idiot.

•••
Please can you leave these offtopic posts with imo bad advices? They contain only 50% true things, Steven. And there are more important things right now, IMO. And sorry to turn down your proposal to walk away. But I am no idiot.

I wish you luck but I dont think you'll be getting your $750 back or the domain but if you do... you're very lucky, goodluck!

•••
It sold again at BIN on flippa?

Yes despite the fact that I informed them yesterday that the domain was sold and that I am legally at least the new owner, Flippa kept the auction online. They received a copy of the contract and also a link to this thread.

•••
As
I wish you luck but I dont think you'll be getting your $750 back or the domain but if you do... you're very lucky, goodluck!

As I told you, you know maybe 50%. Are you a lawyer? I don't think so. I talked to one and the thing is very clear no matter how it was paid.

•••
Well it was up to the seller to remove the auction from Flippa if they are really trying to fix the situation.

Now it looks like they will use the flippa funds to profit, and make themselves whole, while wasting all this time, an causing this trainwreck. I am sure it sold for a decent amount at flippa.

•••
wwwweb, legally, this auction and transaction is invalid until somebody signs a new contract with me to cancel the old one or finds another solution. Flippa was informed about everything since yesterday.

The only thing I can say is if this domain is unlawfully sold to a third party and I lose my payment without delivery or refund, then I will give this to my lawyer, and then Flippa will also be involved, for sure.

@FlippaDomains @flippa_marketplace @Eric Lyon @NamePros

Last edited:
•••
I am happy to help the PayPal guys and they WILL be sorted. The logo is clearly a fraud on the designers side trying to make a logo by copying a video games' one after specific agreement the logo would be unique/bespoke.

Are you joking? You are so retarded first time I see person like you are still lying!!! You asked me to do same logo as Realm Royale !! But as a designer I made similar to avoid violation of rights.. But anyway you are scamer and you will lie till you die.

•••
Now it's getting interesting. My Flippa ticket has been deleted. When I want to open it, I get a 404 oops message. Please explain @FlippaDomains

•••
wwwweb, legally, this auction and transaction is invalid until somebody signs a new contract with me to cancel the old one or finds another solution. Flippa was informed about everything since yesterday.

The only thing I can say is if this domain is unlawfully sold to a third party and I lose my payment without delivery or refund, then I will give this to my lawyer, and then Flippa will also be involved, for sure.

@FlippaDomains @flippa_marketplace @Eric Lyon @NamePros

Not quite how it works bruno. Oliver hoodwinked you. Legally you're in no-mans land with bitcoin and the way the transaction was conducted. Flippa have no obligation to follow up with anything as the domain is not stolen. Lawyer over $750 dollar domain - think again. That said GL with a resolution. I wouldn't @ flippa on here for a instance response be a professional as you can i'm sure they will look into it.

If it doesn't go your way, Annoying i'm sure - but take the loss and move on. This is the price you must pay you'll never make the same mistake again

Last edited:
•••
I'm not commenting on the specifics here as I don't know but I do know how painful it is to be scammed by crypto. I got scammed to the amount of around $8-9k worth of BTC and paid more to try and get it back. It was a very intricate scam and couldn't believe what lengths the scammer went to but he did and I lost the BTC in the end + more money trying to recover it. It's extremely hard if not impossible to get crypto back once sent believe me I tried. I've just accepted it and moved on and lost around $10,000 total.

I wouldn't pay via crypto any time soon lol learnt my lesson.

Good luck to all!

Last edited:
•••
Oliver - you gonna refund these guys esp. Bruno or you prefer your rep stay ruined on the net?

•••
Not quite how it works bruno. Oliver hoodwinked you. Legally you're in no-mans land with bitcoin and the way the transaction was conducted. Flippa have no obligation to follow up with anything as the domain is not stolen. Lawyer over $750 dollar domain - think again. That said GL with a resolution. I wouldn't @ flippa on here for a instance response be a professional as you can i'm sure they will look into it.

If it doesn't go your way, Annoying i'm sure - but take the loss and move on. This is the price you must pay you'll never make the same mistake again

I asked a lawyer and he gave me different information after checking everything. But I respect your opinion. By the way, a denounce is for free and valuable.

•••
The other sad of the story, a great domain name getting such bad publicity and sold for "cheap".
This guy is not that smart because he could of made more money from one deal rather than trying to sell it to multiple buyers.

•••
Flippa.

"they have stated that the domain has not been sold outside of Flippa"

Screenshot 2019-05-03 at 04.36.07.png

•••
Flippa.

"they have stated that the domain has not been sold outside of Flippa"

Show attachment 117944
Let's see how Maggot counters this statement, is flippa part of the conspiracy also now.

Given he sold it x 2, then lists it on flippa, and lies to flippa support in regards to any outside previous sales on the domain, says a lot.

Last edited:
•••
If you'd care to read for background:
I once had a client who was defrauded on the internet for low five figures and we never could get the FBI, IC3 or local cops to do anything about it, and it was only after I investigated the culprit myself with the help of a private investigator friend, that we were able to put enough pressure on him, because he was worried that he might go down criminally, that he refunded every bit of my client's money. Later though, after he was finally arrested for doing the same thing to others that he did to my client, we found out that he had "robbed Peter to pay Paul" - that is, bilked others to get the money to pay back my client. The culprit had paid back only my client only because we scared him - all the other victims were left out to dry.
It was only after this scammer ripped off enough people that finally the authorities stepped in to do something - they would not do anything for my client when he seemed to be the only victim.
background adds up to:

1. No law enforcement will get involved in this matter. Even if the facts weren't murky, which they are, still even if the facts were clear as day, they would not step in for this small an amount across state lines.

2. No lawyer is going to sue over $750., let alone across state lines, unless you pay him hourly, with a nice fat retainer paid up front, which will cost you more than $750. in the end.
(Even if you win, you'll probably end up with a worthless, uncollectible money judgment.)

3. You will get your money or domain only if the seller chooses to refund / give you the domain.

Sad, but true, reality.

My suggestion, if I have read the facts correctly, and the domain has indeed sold for a good price at Flippa:
1. IF you are able to exert pressure on Flippa to hold up the sale/transfer.
2. Tell the seller that you will allow the sale to go through, and give Flippa your green light and blessing, IF he refunds your money.

This dangles the carrot of the larger sale in front of the seller. There are a couple of IFs in this scenario, and it would require the seller trusting that you wouldn't mess up the Flippa sale even after he refunds you, but something like this, might work to entice a refund.

Last edited:
•••
xynames, they already received a copy of everything, internal conversation between me, him and NamePros etc. You can't see everything.

In internal conversation, the seller has admitted that he took my payment to pay his rent. Therefore, I keep saying to not make conclusions based on 50% of the information. I just don't want to reveal everything. Thank you. And to repeat it again, my lawyer said it will be an easy and clear case with all information. But I won't reveal everything here.

Your other proposals, 1) and 2) have already been transmitted to both Flippa and seller.

Last edited:
•••
I am cutting right to the heart of the matter. I believe I was clear.

You keep talking about who is right or wrong - this has almost nothing to do with what I wrote.

Do you know what a pyrrhic victory is? That's what you would achieve by suing.

Last edited:
•••
I can only repeat that you base your opinion on 50% knowledge. More I can't add. Just wait. And there won't be state lines. I hope this small hint helps too.

Last edited:
•••
PayPal resolution cases have been escalated by myself and I stated my liability for them thus both transfers will be refunded.

If I was a scammer, I wouldn't be here talking to you all. Again, if I was to scam - it wouldn't be for a mere 750 USD with all my private information on show.

Nevertheless, I will encourage my previous statements with pure sincerity that whilst the Bitcoin transfer could have been a judgement error with the wallet I used - I tried countless times to process the deal through an escrow service of the buyer's choice. Whilst Bitcoin was discussed in the past, the final decision for the Bitcoin to be transferred was on the buyer's side.

Whilst he has contacted my sister, and upset her (a young girl) by messaging her on Facebook, I continued to mediate and try to come to a resolution in regards to the missing funds (regardless of who is liable).

It has come to my attention this morning, that Bruno has also contacted my frail 78 year old Grandfather, my Uncle who has just gotten married and is on holiday and won't be surprised if more of my family come forth with their concerns and worry for a complete stranger messaging them about business that does not concern them.

This is my final statement, Bruno, you shan't be repaid or reimbursed - I stated a multitude of times to leave my family alone and you haven't. Now, if you wan't to take the matter legally, I am fine with this.

Just so you know, there are two cases I am making.

1) I will be calling the Spanish police to report harrassment of my family members and blackmail to reimburse funds in an untimely manner by mentioning the contact of my family and other derogatary damaging remarks.
2) If my personal information (address - which isn't mine but my parents') is left on this thread, I will have no choice but to make a case legally against Name Pros.

Last edited:
•••
This is my last update here:

The scammer has received $1750 for selling it on Flippa. Flippa were informed about everything and just ignored it because profit was more important. So message 1: Do not use Flippa. I already closed my account there after this incident.

Furthermore, scammer has now decided to refund nothing. What a surprise :)

Well, I will just denounce him and this scam will forever be online.

You must know what is more important for you, Oliver Maggs. I demanded back my funds which you have stolen from me. Nothing more. Now you are rich but have to live with the consequences.

Oliver Maggs from Reading has finally decided to keep the funds he stole from me because Flippa allowed him to sell the domain again.

•••
I don't understand why not inform authorities and police. This is criminal act imo. You have all evidence and you know who the thief is. Nothing to do with lawyers and lawsuits, he is criminal.
And shame on users who advise you to "move on", defending scammer.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back