Dynadot

offers Offered $4,500 for VistaThemes.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Back in May I innocuously registered VistaThemes.com, of course now its value seems to have risen considerably with the announcement out of Redmond.

The day that news hit the wire I suggested to Pete (my husband) that we should not take offers under $xx,xxx very seriously and he thought I might be a little batty “what the blank do you mean, can it be worth that much?” he said; Yes was my resounding answer “it is worth that much”, “it’s the best domain we’ve ever owned”.

What do you think I should do?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ok guys calm :hehe:

All we wanna know is what the new name will be :hearts:

Guess this is a good time to put my names up for auction :hehe:

•••
tolkein said:
C'mon guys, read closely! My wife (Internet wife) already mentioned that earlier in the thread. And I bet livethemes.com is also registered to her ;)
And almost every variation there of, I can’t believe you knew that.

mellowmasher said:
ok guys calm :hehe:

All we wanna know is what the new name will be :hearts:

Guess this is a good time to put my names up for auction :hehe:
This is the final name, until 2011!

•••
slaughterbeck said:
The truth is, I’m not a wealthy person and $5,000 would come in handy, as anyone could attest but it’s not going to change my life nor would $10K or $15K.

So, are you saying that you are in the domain trading business in hopes to make a sale that will "change your life"?

Good luck with that. Money does not change lives. It only makes the holder of the money able to make that decision more easily sometimes, but it always will still take much effort by the person. I suggest that if it is a life change you are looking for, don't look for it in the domain trading business or the lottery or gambling of any sort. Chnange comes from within and you can "better" your life whether you are filthy rich or dirt poor.

•••
zquest said:
So, are you saying that you are in the domain trading business in hopes to make a sale that will "change your life"?

Good luck with that. Money does not change lives. It only makes the holder of the money able to make that decision more easily sometimes, but it always will still take much effort by the person. I suggest that if it is a life change you are looking for, don't look for it in the domain trading business or the lottery or gambling of any sort. Chnange comes from within and you can "better" your life whether you are filthy rich or dirt poor.

Thank you for those very intelligent words of wisdom. No, I’m not suggesting that but moreover suggesting that these decisions have less an effect on me than perhaps they would have a few years ago when a few thousand dollars may have altered my life, somewhat; I’m currently likening my domaining experiences to a business of virtually limitless futures, where retention for long term gain is not only viable but also practical.

•••
Nice offer Kimberly..
Is Microsoft the people making the offer to you?

How have you replied/responded?

So, they did not go through sedo.. but rather the contact email on the registrar?

If it were me, I'de be real pleased with the offer, and would most likely sell.. and take a nice tropical vacation!

Goodluck!

•••
I'd push the $4,500 offer to $5,000 and SELL! :tu:

You know why I would sell? The owner of the trademark Vista will be doing everything he can to stop Microsoft from using the domain.

This means you have 3 options:

- Sell now and get a very good amount for a $8 reg! :o
- Wait and if their names stays the same it could be worth 5 x as much!
- Wait and if they make another name change you are out $5,000! :(

So IMO you should sell!

•••
Ive just put 3 vista. names up for $NP sale and would love to get a fraction of your off :hehe: good luck in whatever you decide :hearts:

•••
slaughterbeck said:
I’m currently likening my domaining experiences to a business of virtually limitless futures, where retention for long term gain is not only viable but also practical.

No offense, but you should sell that to Comedy Central.

•••
Premium said:
You know why I would sell? The owner of the trademark Vista will be doing everything he can to stop Microsoft from using the domain.

No he won't.

He'll do a publicity whore of a crying game to appeal to mod rule, and microsoft will pay him some amount of money to shut up, and all will be well.

Do you think he (the company) actually cares? They do. They are overjoyed that they're sitting on a potential goldmine (Their name).

•••
tolkein said:
C'mon guys, read closely! My wife (Internet wife) already mentioned that earlier in the thread.

Come now. It's only an avitar, tolkein. Wipe the drool from you desk and move on.

•••
Come now. It's only an avitar, tolkein. Wipe the drool from you desk and move on.
hahahaha

•••
OvenMitt said:
No he won't.

He better!!!

Just as Whirlpool is attempting to put the communists in China in their place, so should Mr. Wall do with Microsoft.

I have nothing against MS as most people claim to, but I do think they need to be put in their place and given the medicine they shove down everyone else's throat.

Last edited:
•••
zquest said:
That’s true and I’m so self-conscious I had to tweak out to match the background color in Photoshop.

•••
slaughterbeck said:
That’s true and I’m so self-conscious I had to tweak out to match the background color in Photoshop.

:hehe: I made mine transparent..

•••
ThreeD said:
:hehe: I made mine transparent..
I’m mesmerized watching the Benjamin turn. I hope there isn’t a TM issue with a gansta rapper! :hehe:

•••
slaughterbeck said:

Sorry, I certainly did not mean to offend you or anyone for that matter.

•••
zquest said:
Sorry, I certainly did not mean to offend you or anyone for that matter.
No, I didn’t think that anything you said was even mildly offensive in any way.

•••
I've been doing some thinking..you should sell your current domain - and hope they'll change the name to "Live" in a couple of months..that way you make cash both ways :hehe:

•••
ThreeD said:
I've been doing some thinking..you should sell your current domain - and hope they'll change the name to "Live" in a couple of months..that way you make cash both ways :hehe:
What about my idea of holding out for the betterment of the group?

•••
well you can always hope for "more" .... but $4,500 for a themes domain ain't a bad deal. Someone already stated it may rise in value when the OS finally is launched - but what if it never launches under that name. Either way you are a winner. The question is - do you want to add the extra $4,5k to your account or not? :)

•••
slaughterbeck said:
What about my idea of holding out for the betterment of the group?
Noble. But not necessarily a sound business practice. Do what is best for you. (Also, some may even argue that selling today for the offer price would be better for the group of Vista domain owners.)

When it comes to when to sell a domain and for what price, it's your opinion that matters. To be honest, if it was my domain I would take the offer for two obvious reasons:

1) I would be inclined to think that no "better" offers may ever come this way again.

2) I could use the proceeds to buy a solid investment domain that would be much more likely to appreciate over time, or at least hold its value.

•••
Luuuccky!!!

paxton said:
Noble. But not necessarily a sound business practice. Do what is best for you. (Also, some may even argue that selling today for the offer price would be better for the group of Vista domain owners.)

When it comes to when to sell a domain and for what price, it's your opinion that matters. To be honest, if it was my domain I would take the offer for two obvious reasons:

1) I would be inclined to think that no "better" offers may ever come this way again.

2) I could use the proceeds to buy a solid investment domain that would be much more likely to appreciate over time, or at least hold its value.
Well said! I'd try to punch it up to around $6000 and then buy a nice 3-letter .com with a good letter combo!

If I could sell any one of my reg-fee domains for even half of what you're being offered, it WOULD change my life!!! I'm glad somebody has good luck around here!

Bri

•••
Hold onto the domain ! $4500 after a few days is just the begining.
That establishes a minimum price 4 this domain I would hold out for $30,000+
xpthemes.com will wanna make a bid too

Good luck a great name.

•••
Build a web page for the domain and put your ideal price on it plus your e-mail address. See what kind of response you get. Then you might have some better information to decide whether or not to sell.

•••
I'd sell, for that amount. If you had invested time and monies to develop a site, inbound links, etc., I'd hold out for more, but a straight up $4.5 sale on something you've held for a couple months, I'd sell, IMO.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back