Dynadot

offers Offered $4,500 for VistaThemes.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Back in May I innocuously registered VistaThemes.com, of course now its value seems to have risen considerably with the announcement out of Redmond.

The day that news hit the wire I suggested to Pete (my husband) that we should not take offers under $xx,xxx very seriously and he thought I might be a little batty β€œwhat the blank do you mean, can it be worth that much?” he said; Yes was my resounding answer β€œit is worth that much”, β€œit’s the best domain we’ve ever owned”.

What do you think I should do?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have been asked by interested parties involved in discussions for this domain to β€œnot disclose” any future developments involving the ongoing negotiations (I have a big mouth and I think they found this thread ) and I must admit to being more than just a little giddy when I discovered how much serious interest this domain has generated from potential buyers, as this is the first and possibly the last time anything like this will happen to me
Someone has given you a great piece of advice. I'm glad you caught it and are doing the smart thing by going private w/ further negotiations. When I need feedback on something that needs to have the wraps kept on, I generally PM other members, but I know that it does take some time to build up trusted relationships.

Also, when you want to discuss a name in semi-privacy, you can use "example*com" or "example_com" forms so that the url won't get picked up and indexed by the search engines. Sometimes, I will run searches on names that are coming up for consideration and backtrack through the links to old posts, (ie appraisal requests), and clean up the tracks that I don't want a potential buyer to be following. Generally, I would prefer it if most endusers never came to this site. I don't want them getting into the nitty-gritty of my business, anymore that they would like to have me snooping around, looking into the ins and outs of their enterprise.

Last edited:
•••
Grrilla said:
Also, when you want to discuss a name in semi-privacy, you can use "example*com" or "example_com" forms so that the url won't get picked up and indexed by the search engines. Sometimes, I will run searches on names that are coming up for consideration and backtrack through the links to old posts, (ie appraisal requests), and clean up the tracks that I don't want a potential buyer to be following.

I've always worried about this, and I feel pretty dumb for not thinking of that simple solution on my own. Thanks for the tip.

•••
azt said:
I've always worried about this, and I feel pretty dumb for not thinking of that simple solution on my own. Thanks for the tip.
I feel pretty dumb too.

•••
I feel pretty dumb too.
A. You hardly are what anyone would consider anything close to even resembling someone who is dumb.
B. And, even if you were, you are a good looking blonde and could get away w/ it. :laugh:
You're welcome. It's interesting how, at times, we are all slow in making the connection and applying what we already know in a new way or from a different vantage point.

Last edited:
•••
Grrilla said:
A. You hardly are what anyone would consider anything close to even resembling someone who is dumb.
No, seriously I’m pretty ignorant when it comes to this industry; I’m not very instinctive regarding its inner workings nor am I intuitive in extrapolation; I’m still a work in progress, I hope.

•••
I own vistathemes.org hehe. On another note im getting offers for vistaicons.com already too, at the moment only $200 but I wont let go of the domain for less than mid $x,xxx because I can dev the site now if I wanted (vista will still use the .ico icon format) and pwn on google PR.

•••
Personally, I think i would hold onto VistaThemes.com, if the offer is only $4,500. I would consider any offer over $7500, but in the end you should be able to sell around $10000 even, unless you are lucky enough to find an end user. Good luck!

Tom

•••
Hold on to it. Ask the owner of xpthemes.com about his experiences with offers for his domain name.

•••
I am starting to see an increase in the trafic in my vista and windows upgrade domain names due to the recent press about Vista being released Q206.
Now's the time to be launching Vista sites to get them ripened for summer-fall

Andrew

•••
wow I never saw this topic! I can't be bothered to wade 6 pages to find out if you did sell it in the end and what price, so care to tell me?

I own loads of vista domains, including vistaicons.com which has had a couple of $1-2k offers a month or so ago, all of which I rejected. If anyone owns any vista domain names, ONLY sell them if you have been offered a very good price ELSE wait atleast 2months after vista is released and try to sell them.

•••
I just noticed this blast from the past. Let’s just say something is in the works.

•••
slaughterbeck said:
I just noticed this blast from the past. Let’s just say something is in the works.

:) Cool good luck, let us know

I just knew vista would appear again around now :hehe:

•••
Yes, Pleasee let us know I was just wondering if you sold the domain or not.

Makes me wanna reg a vista name. :)

•••
downloadfreak said:
wow I never saw this topic! I can't be bothered to wade 6 pages to find out if you did sell it in the end and what price, so care to tell me?

I own loads of vista domains, including vistaicons.com which has had a couple of $1-2k offers a month or so ago, all of which I rejected. If anyone owns any vista domain names, ONLY sell them if you have been offered a very good price ELSE wait atleast 2months after vista is released and try to sell them.

I had an offer on my vistapic.com around the same time?? :)

•••
If someone likes "z"-s, go for vistawallpaperz.com ;)

•••
slaughterbeck said:

:) That's good, best of luck - and you said you were no good at negotiating !!! :-/

•••
21K .Com Domains with the word vista in them FYI

I am not sure if this will effect your Selling decision but there are

see txt file for list

NP$ Donations are welcome

Custom .Com Domain Searches Available

50NP$

Last edited:
•••
111111z said:
I am not sure if this will effect your Selling decision but there are

see txt file for list

NP$ Donations are welcome

Custom .Com Domain Searches Available

50NP$
not sure what your saying here. But my guess would be only a small amount
of thoes Vista names are actually worth anything.

•••
My feelings exactly.. not to mention this entire thread has been Googled.. gonna be very easy now to come back later and argue that there was intent to profit off a TM..

DomainLoot said:
I'm no expert, but...

TM issues, plus
There are already "a million" or more NICE VISTA domains regd and ready for sale...

Not to mention:

A very healthy ROI and you wipe your hands clean of it.

Guess it depends on your "investment style." Everyone is different.

GOOD LUCK!
Mike

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back