NameSilo

Offered $25 for a LLL.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
You've heard it right folks, $25 for a LLL.com (and other domains) is the going rate these days--at least according to a BuyDomains representative. Here's my correspondence:

Their email to me:
We are prepared to offer you $25 for the following domains:
RUJ.com
Repel.net
bestbeerclub.com
BetterComps.com
deerseason.net
My reply:
You're joking, right?
Their reply:
No – I’m not sure I’m following your email though.

Assume you saw our offer?

Pete
My reply:
My snyde remark should be interpretted as me conveying my shocking disbelief. Your offer, a paultry sum, for a package of domains (containing a LLL.com) for $25! Your company appears to be reputable on the outside, but you are treating me like a complete idiot.

I've been around the domaining business for years... Please treat me like it. Just an FYI: RUJ.com went for upwards of $5600 at Snapnames in the last year. Ask your buddy SaggyDimes about it--he was probably bidding on it as well.

You can consider my long-winded answer as a rejection of your offer.

If you would like to reoffer on any of the domains, please feel free to do so.

So, if you have a LLL.com that you want to sell for $25, just contact BuyDomains and they may oblige.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Matrix1976 said:
Perhaps...indeed it would explain why they havnt even bothered to reply here in any way.

They won'y reply in this thread because they have nothing good to say. I think it'd be one cold day in hell before they'd come on here and admit their cheap practices. Yeah -- the majority of domain investors are screwed-up 13 year olds who think they can get rich regging a domain and reselling it for seven-figures but that's not ALL of us. We're not ALL stupid little kids. Guess they are assumning that we are. "$25 for sex.com! We'll pay immediately!" Stupid jokes...

•••
$217, and my cat, Paws.

Disclaimer: Paws only has 3 lives left, out of 9.

•••
RogueWriter said:
$217, and my cat, Paws.
I have a cat named Paws as well. He has 7 toes on one of his front feet, 6 on the other. Does your cat have extra toes too? If so, $217 and your cat may be a good deal!

•••
I finally figured it out! BuyDomains and Godaddy are in on this together!

I just renewed 11 lll.us at GD and so I got some free appraisals on LLL.com's of mine.
Every single one, including jso.com (which has ovt w ext 121) was appraised for the same $ amount:

Domain Name Appraisal for: JSO.COM
Estimated Value: $126.00 - $328.00

•••
scrsteven said:

I just renewed 11 lll.us at GD and so I got some free appraisals on LLL.com's of mine.
Every single one, including jso.com (which has ovt w ext 121) was appraised for the same $ amount:

I'll give you the high end of that for JSO.com. $328, I can pay asap!

•••
This thread is turning into a parody. lol

•••
Take the $25 and run. Everyone knows that 3 letter .coms are worthless.

If it were a .cc or .ws, then you would have something.

•••
Name-Maker said:
If it were a .cc or .ws, then you would have something.
You left out .name. LLL.name domains really bring home the bacon.

•••
Hi Folks,

Maybe a few too many beers here, but just a thought :)

They offered you a sum of money for a domain.
You rejected that.

That seems fair enough to me.

I don't know the figures but guess a lot of the domains available here were bought cheaper than they are advertised for sale at .... And I doubt many of them have actually been developed to increase their value.

Now what they offered is totally stupid ( to us ), but it has no doubt worked for them in the past ... Personally I think that this sort of thing ( certainly with lll.com's ) is now out, but in the past it probably worked for them.

OK, so they are not really keeping up to date.

Is there a single person here that would not buy a lll.com for $25 ... Or $100 ... Or $1000 for that matter if it were offered to them ?

Bad business practice will eventually lead to it's own downfall .... So let's just sit back and enjoy the show :)

All the best.

Richard

•••
TheLegendaryJP said:
I say we all offer them $25 for every domain they own. :lol:

And than they can email and call us all offering it for different price each time. That happens steady.

:lol:

That'd be hilarious.

•••
I think they're just cheap. With a portfolio like they have, surely they keep up with trends.

DomainSage said:
Hi Folks,

Maybe a few too many beers here, but just a thought :)

They offered you a sum of money for a domain.
You rejected that.

That seems fair enough to me.

I don't know the figures but guess a lot of the domains available here were bought cheaper than they are advertised for sale at .... And I doubt many of them have actually been developed to increase their value.

Now what they offered is totally stupid ( to us ), but it has no doubt worked for them in the past ... Personally I think that this sort of thing ( certainly with lll.com's ) is now out, but in the past it probably worked for them.

OK, so they are not really keeping up to date.

Is there a single person here that would not buy a lll.com for $25 ... Or $100 ... Or $1000 for that matter if it were offered to them ?

Bad business practice will eventually lead to it's own downfall .... So let's just sit back and enjoy the show :)

All the best.

Richard

•••
scrsteven said:

I bet GD is using a random generator for the quick apparsials,
and web bullshit generator for $19.95 complete apprasials. :)

•••
Hi guys

I thought I would contact buydomains to let them know I am interested in purchasing any lll.com domains they aquire at $25 for a generous purchase price of $100 so I sent them the following email:

Hi

I have heard that you are sending around offers of $25 for 3 letter .com domains. I wish to express my interest in purchasing any of these for the generous price of $100 each. This would provide your company with a 400% instant markup. If you should have any lll.com domains or any others premium domains that you happen to aquire for $25 availabe at any time and wish to accept my generous offer please feel free to contact me. I look forward to dealing with your company in the future.

Best regards

I wonder if they will be contacting me anytime soon
:hehe:

Regards
David

•••
Buydomains' in-action lesson showing domainers how wealth is best gained

•••
startyourengine said:
Hi guys

I thought I would contact buydomains to let them know I am interested in purchasing any lll.com domains they aquire at $25 for a generous purchase price of $100 so I sent them the following email:

Hi

I have heard that you are sending around offers of $25 for 3 letter .com domains. I wish to express my interest in purchasing any of these for the generous price of $100 each. This would provide your company with a 400% instant markup. If you should have any lll.com domains or any others premium domains that you happen to aquire for $25 availabe at any time and wish to accept my generous offer please feel free to contact me. I look forward to dealing with your company in the future.

Best regards

I wonder if they will be contacting me anytime soon
:hehe:

Regards
David

:lol: that is classic! Good luck! :hehe:

•••
D-: I can't believe what I'm reading here D-:

:lol: What a "company" !!! :lol:

•••
•••
startyourengine said:
Hi guys

I thought I would contact buydomains to let them know I am interested in purchasing any lll.com domains they aquire at $25 for a generous purchase price of $100 so I sent them the following email

Regards
David

LOL - Nice one ! :hehe:

•••
Sombody check how many transfers into BuyDomains' account there have been in the last 6 months - I will bet quite a number.

No - nobody will sell for those prices who knows what they are doing, but they have "presence" in the market (they are big) and as a result will get a certain number of widows, law firms, and corporations who just bought out another corporation or otherwise have decided the domains surplus - the totally clueless who can't be bothered. These folks who are trying to liquidate assets quickly will take the offer from "reputable" BuyDomains without a second thought, or perhaps will negoitate a little increase to show "due diligence". Other peoples' money in most cases so they do not care.

I bet they get plenty domains this way.

•••
Edit: I have received an email from Pete saying my posting (the one I am currently editting) mischaracterized his statements. While I feel my summary of our conversation was correct and on the conservative side, I have removed my posting out of respect for him and BD to re-clarify their position.

Last edited:
•••
fonzie_007 said:
Edit: I have received an email from Pete saying my posting (the one I am currently editting) mischaracterized his statements. While I feel my summary of our conversation was correct and on the conservative side, I have removed my posting out of respect for him and BD to re-clarify their position.

Did they remember who SaggyDimes was ? :lol:

•••
Enough already Im Dying here

Offers for all LLL.com's via Paypal Sell me your tired, your poor LLL.com's for the amazing price of ( Insert Drum Roll Here )

$7.99

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

•••
fonzie_007 said:

That's very generous of you to allow them to clarify their position; it is clear, however, that they seek to buy well below market and sell well above market -- when this is done without respect for the other party in the transaction, you can't help but see BD's reputation fall at the wayside...

•••
gazzip said:
Did they remember who SaggyDimes was ? :lol:

they must think we are braindead or something if they still want to make us beleive they are not saggydimes...unless they have multiple aliases...hmmm...

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back