NameSilo

Offered $25 for a LLL.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
You've heard it right folks, $25 for a LLL.com (and other domains) is the going rate these days--at least according to a BuyDomains representative. Here's my correspondence:

Their email to me:
We are prepared to offer you $25 for the following domains:
RUJ.com
Repel.net
bestbeerclub.com
BetterComps.com
deerseason.net
My reply:
You're joking, right?
Their reply:
No – I’m not sure I’m following your email though.

Assume you saw our offer?

Pete
My reply:
My snyde remark should be interpretted as me conveying my shocking disbelief. Your offer, a paultry sum, for a package of domains (containing a LLL.com) for $25! Your company appears to be reputable on the outside, but you are treating me like a complete idiot.

I've been around the domaining business for years... Please treat me like it. Just an FYI: RUJ.com went for upwards of $5600 at Snapnames in the last year. Ask your buddy SaggyDimes about it--he was probably bidding on it as well.

You can consider my long-winded answer as a rejection of your offer.

If you would like to reoffer on any of the domains, please feel free to do so.

So, if you have a LLL.com that you want to sell for $25, just contact BuyDomains and they may oblige.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
fonzie_007 said:
We are prepared to offer you $25 for the following domains:
RUJ.com
Repel.net
bestbeerclub.com
BetterComps.com
deerseason.net

Am I reading this right: BD are offering $25 for the WHOLE LOT ?

•••
HI

Maybe they are running out of money to make a better offer for the domain.

Or it is just a full moon... LOL

Thanks
Tom Dahne

•••
zestydomains*com said:
I guess they have nothing to lose by offering these low offers, and it only has to work a few times for them to get some incredible buys on some LLL.com domains.
Yeah, nothing to lose....except the respect (and business) of every single domainer that views this thread.

•••
Aggro said:
Am I reading this right: BD are offering $25 for the WHOLE LOT ?
Yep. I'm astonished as much as everyone else is.

•••
Not worth them ruining their reputation (if that's possible) over a profit of a few thousand by lowballing like that.

I'm shocked.

I'm also sure that they have people reading these forums to keep a track on the industry so I'd like to see them justify themselves on here please.

•••
omg... thank you for the laugh. especially the poster that mentioned the must have a high mark up. I started laughing out loud in my little cublicle at work.

•••
ok, i read this thread so i decided to contact buydomains.com with some names i know have good value. Here is the email I received... thought it would get a good laugh here and let folks know not to submit domains to them for sale.

email is below:

Dear Lisa:

Many thanks for your email.

BuyDomains is prepared to offer you $50 each for the domains list below.

Best Regards,

Pete

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 12:00 AM
To:]
Subject: Portfolio Sale Offer

CONTACT INFORMATION:
(i left this out to protect the innocent ;)

FunTrip.com

(you own the .net and could sell it as a package)

Domains (sample):

sportsrules.com
gamerules.com
punt.com
funtrip.com
blessedis.com

•••
Ok, no typos...just stupidity! :-/

•••
I hate BuyDomains, such a disgrace. They're completely retarded as far as business practice goes. They try to give you obscenely low amounts for your premium domains, and there's actually suckers out there that will make that sale with them. Then they go and sell them for prices that are thousands of times higher than what they bought them for. I hate BuyDomains and I hate that they have no fricken common sense whatsoever.

Hey look, here's a picture from inside the offices of BuyDomains!
shirts4th.jpg

•••
AndyM3 said:
Hey look, here's a picture from inside the offices of BuyDomains!
shirts4th.jpg
Let's give them a little bit of credit... At least none of them are eating the paint.

•••
if just one of the sellers is stupid enough to accept such offer....

•••
I agree with those that are saying it doesnt make much sense. There is absolutely no way they could have possibly really meant $25, even individually for each. Perhaps he missed the last digit out...and that would still be a ridiculously low price, but it would make the offer look more attractive to someone who didnt know it's true worth.

If the $25 offer was intentional...they deserve a slap. :P

•••
cjcjcj said:
Not worth them ruining their reputation (if that's possible) over a profit of a few thousand by lowballing like that.

I'm shocked.

I'm also sure that they have people reading these forums to keep a track on the industry so I'd like to see them justify themselves on here please

That's the way to make money -- buy cheap and resell for more. But offering $25 as they had is a mockery of all that is sane.

Someone should email this url to those retarded jokers. If hell freezes over, they just might try to explain themselves.

•••
A few months ago, the owner of buydomains was interviewed and the interview appeared on dnjournal, i wonder why he did not mention that one of the reasons he is now rich is because they screw honest people by practically stealing their domains... :-/

Its people like this that make domainers look bad, Shame on you buydomains! SHame on you!!

•••
I mentioned this thread to Lindsey, the woman over there handling their recent liquidation of adult/gambling names. No response yet, and probably won't get something until Monday. Not sure if she'll give a response or not since I'm sure she has nothing to do with acquisitions, but nonetheless, thought someone over there should know how we in the domain community feel about this.

•••
Put them in touch with these people they are sending out emails like this:

Limited Time Offer...!!!
The domain name 142.com is for sale exclusively by webnamesolution.com. Hurry and take advantage of this limited time special offer $199.95 USD.
Domain Name: 142.com
Price: $199.95 USD
To purchase this domain and take advantage of this Special Offer click on the link below:
http://WWW.WEBNAMESOLUTION.COM/PURCHASE
Thank you for your interest.
[email protected]

Obviously it's a scam and they only want your card number.

•••
I'm beginning to wonder if something else is going on here. I gave them several domains to look at, knowing each was different in value.

I gave them Funtrip.com and i had already requested a bid for funtrip.net,
which they own:
FunTrip.net is currently valued: $2,488.00 (was my response from them)

I get many more page views from punt.com and gamerules.com than
blessedis.com.

Yet, the email i received offered a straight $50 for each domain.

That tells me there was not a lot of thought put into that response.

But, maybe it is more like this... maybe they don't have any money. They
don't want to just tell people, "we can't afford your domain". So, they can
give some type of low ball offer.

Really, there is nothing wrong with them doing that legally, but it just shows
a lack of professionalism and respect that may hurt them worse than just
saying, "we are not currently acquiring domains" or something.

I would love to see a post from someone who actually sold them something.

•••
Fonzie, please let me know if you ever put them on ebay. I bid $1.85 :hehe:

•••
webdrafter said:
I'm beginning to wonder if something else is going on here. I gave them several domains to look at, knowing each was different in value.

I gave them Funtrip.com and i had already requested a bid for funtrip.net,
which they own:
FunTrip.net is currently valued: $2,488.00 (was my response from them)

I get many more page views from punt.com and gamerules.com than
blessedis.com.

Yet, the email i received offered a straight $50 for each domain.

That tells me there was not a lot of thought put into that response.

But, maybe it is more like this... maybe they don't have any money. They
don't want to just tell people, "we can't afford your domain". So, they can
give some type of low ball offer.

Really, there is nothing wrong with them doing that legally, but it just shows
a lack of professionalism and respect that may hurt them worse than just
saying, "we are not currently acquiring domains" or something.

I would love to see a post from someone who actually sold them something.

Dont have any money?
They just spent $110,000 on Primerate,com - Afternic.

Anyway, who is this "Pete"...Is it the GM, Pete Lawson?

•••
Good point... who knows then.

I don't know who 'pete' is, that's just the sig that was on the email i received.

•••
alas, they are just trying to buy it at low price form unsuspecting user and then resell it for x1000 times the amount

you can try it somewhere else :)

•••
Matrix1976 said:
A few months ago, the owner of buydomains was interviewed and the interview appeared on dnjournal, i wonder why he did not mention that one of the reasons he is now rich is because they screw honest people by practically stealing their domains... :-/

Its people like this that make domainers look bad, Shame on you buydomains! SHame on you!!

I think BD is idiotic for their offer to Fonz. However please use words wisely. They are not stealing domains from anyone. Their business model might seem very unethical to some but if they do legitimate transasctions for way below market cost, that is actually good business. I assume it is automatically their fault everytime someone sells a domain for less than they should right?

:td:

•••
how about this ?

LET'S DO A TEST !

i have submitted these 3 domain for sales,
-buytickets.biz
-misterbean.net
-inyourarms.org

lets see how much they will give me :)

so anyone care to predict how much is this worth (market value) and how much they(BD) will buy from me :)

•••
duskdawn said:
You sell names to buydomains.com?
LOL. They offer pennies and ask for a million. That's their slogan.

BuyDomains - Nothing but a bunch of liars and cheats.

Check this out. http://tipsurf.seeq.com/seeq/index.jsp?portal_id=1&domain=tipsurf.com&keyword=tip&referrer=

TipSurf.com is on Sedos high traffic list apparently receiving 17,423 hits a day with no page rank or search engine position.

I regged Tip-Surf.com just to proove that their traffic was B.S. It stands to reason that if a site receives 522,716 hits a month the hyphenated version would receive at least a little traffic. Not one hit.

•••
DOMiNIC said:
BuyDomains - Nothing but a bunch of liars and cheats.

Check this out. http://tipsurf.seeq.com/seeq/index.jsp?portal_id=1&domain=tipsurf.com&keyword=tip&referrer=

TipSurf.com is on Sedos high traffic list apparently receiving 17,423 hits a day with no page rank or search engine position.

I regged Tip-Surf.com just to proove that their traffic was B.S. It stands to reason that if a site receives 522,716 hits a month the hyphenated version would receive at least a little traffic. Not one hit.

Out of curiosity what makes you think that the hyphenated version would? I don't get how that is possible?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back