IT.COM

Offered $25 for a LLL.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
You've heard it right folks, $25 for a LLL.com (and other domains) is the going rate these days--at least according to a BuyDomains representative. Here's my correspondence:

Their email to me:
We are prepared to offer you $25 for the following domains:
RUJ.com
Repel.net
bestbeerclub.com
BetterComps.com
deerseason.net
My reply:
You're joking, right?
Their reply:
No – I’m not sure I’m following your email though.

Assume you saw our offer?

Pete
My reply:
My snyde remark should be interpretted as me conveying my shocking disbelief. Your offer, a paultry sum, for a package of domains (containing a LLL.com) for $25! Your company appears to be reputable on the outside, but you are treating me like a complete idiot.

I've been around the domaining business for years... Please treat me like it. Just an FYI: RUJ.com went for upwards of $5600 at Snapnames in the last year. Ask your buddy SaggyDimes about it--he was probably bidding on it as well.

You can consider my long-winded answer as a rejection of your offer.

If you would like to reoffer on any of the domains, please feel free to do so.

So, if you have a LLL.com that you want to sell for $25, just contact BuyDomains and they may oblige.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Fonz, if you're that hard up, I'll offer you $50. ;)

Gah, I would be embarassed to offer someone $250 for a three letter .com. BuyDomains is obviously only looking to buy from owners who don't know the value of their names. Except at Snapnames and Pool aucitons, where the names go for absurd amounts.

•••
You sell names to buydomains.com?
LOL. They offer pennies and ask for a million. That's their slogan.

•••
-RJ- said:
Fonz, if you're that hard up, I'll offer you $50. ;)
Fonz, don't let that cheapskate RJ lowball you like that.

I will give you $75. And that's real American dollars, not that NP$ stuff.

:blink:

•••
always keep cool. if they are prepared to offer you $25 for a 3L.com counter-offer and ask if they could send you a list of 3L domains of their own for which you will be happy to pay them $500 for each name and thus make them a handsome profit of $475 on each one they have previously purchased. I am sure they will appreciate this message.

•••
yoshiwara said:
always keep cool. if they are prepared to offer you $25 for a 3L.com counter-offer and ask if they could send you a list of 3L domains of their own for which you will be happy to pay them $500 for each name and thus make them a handsome profit of $475 on each one they have previously purchased. I am sure they will appreciate this message.

A counter offer on their LLL.com sounds like a reasonable business man.

But their offer is outright rude.

Thanks for sharing.

•••
-db- said:
Fonz, don't let that cheapskate RJ lowball you like that.

I will give you $75. And that's real American dollars, not that NP$ stuff.

:blink:

Can you believe those lowballers!?!?! :sick:

...I'll go $150 for it. :guilty:

•••
Fonz - did you solicit them or did they seek out your contact info?

•••
yoshiwara said:

Smart thinking!

•••
yoshiwara said:

genius comeback there :hehe:
well thought!

...$200 :guilty:

•••
Fonz: RJ, db = lowballers

$216 cash money!

•••
I hear ya on this one...

I get lots of $200 or less offers (even a few asking for the domains for free) for some of my LLL domains. I often struggle with how to respond, and most all of the time I do so by thanking the offerer and declining the offer.

This said, most of these lower offers come from individuals, and it's unusual to hear that a company as big as buydomains would low-ball like this. I guess they have nothing to lose by offering these low offers, and it only has to work a few times for them to get some incredible buys on some LLL.com domains.

And Too, there are two sides to negotiation theory...some say to offer only as little as possible and go from there. Others say to offer what its worth and try to make a fair deal for both sides. The latter don't usually get the bargains.

Funny stuff again...

:) zesty

•••
LOL $25 - I guess they have quite a mark up then !! D-:

Here is some of their "asking" prices for some of their domains !

CTW.net — for $288,000.00 !!!!!! :hehe: Not bad for a .net

DDE.com — for $110,000.00
GPN.com — for $160,000.00
OGK.com — for $150,000.00
OTV.com — for $150,000.00
SDT.com — for $150,000.00
OGK.com — for $150,000.00
OTV.com — for $150,000.00
SDT.com — for $150,000.00
VLF.com — for $150,000.00
GAE.com — for $130,000.00
Rey.com — for $130,000.00
LVD.com — for $128,000.00
VHO.com — for $128,000.00
PYA.com — for $125,000.00
WDD.com — for $125,000.00
JCA.com — for $120,000.00
IOE.com — for $115,000.00
NDP.com — for $115,000.00
CII.com — for $125,000.00
BYM.com — for $110,000.00
254.com — for $160,000.00

or if you are feeling flush they are selling GoGal.com — for a reasonable $5,000,000.00 !!! :hehe:

Last edited:
•••
westblock said:
Fonz - did you solicit them or did they seek out your contact info?
I contacted them. I have never attempted to contact them before, but I thought it was worth a try. I listed a few of my better domains and some I wanted to clear from my portfolio. I was expecting them to lowball, but not this bad. And here I thought they would come back with an offer around $4k for the package (including some domains that are not listed above in the thread). Boy, was I wrong!

•••
You didn't take the $25?

That's ridiculous, what crappy business practices on their parts.

•••
Half reg fee for those domains? Wow, I'm close to speechless.

And your topic title tricked me... ;)

•••
Etab said:
Half reg fee for those domains? Wow, I'm close to speechless.

Actually, per their own registration fees I think that would be more like 25% of the reg fees, LOL. But hey, didn't you know we all get into this business to lose money? BuyDomains would like to know if you've been living under a rock!

Last edited:
•••
HA. Those monkeys....

My 3-letter .com's don't get out of bed for $25 :)

•••
I know we are having fun joking around, and talking about how cheap they are, but something doesn't feel right. I have a hard time believing they would only offer $25 for a 3 letter .COM domain. Surely they made a mistake, misread the name, made a typo in the offer, etc.

I'm a cheapskate myself, but nobody is that cheap.

It just doesn't make sense...

•••
Would you like me to forward the emails to you DB? Your comment is exactly why I sent back a reply, "You're joking, right?"

•••
No Fonz, it would probably just make me mad. Ha!

I just don't get it... :|

Last edited:
•••
If they offer $25, I bet they've bought at least one before at that price... poor guy.
I'll top all of your offers and offer 4 figures! $1,000 :) Paypal ready to go. Hehe. I love the $60 offers on sedo I get for a lll.com when I just list a name before going back to change it's minimum offer.

•••
I have this strange feeling that there was a typo.

What if it was supposed to be $2.5 K or $25 K?

After all, if you follow astrology you'll know it it the time of Mercury Retrograde (since around July 4th this month) where all sorts of miscommunication happens including problems with internet, email, any power sources, anything mechanical. Many, many misunderstandings. This will last a bit longer, till July 29th (happens 3-4 times a year.) :'(

•••
Thanks for the post Fonzie. I've never submitted DNs to them for offers but have stoped by there site to check things out.

I now know that submitting names to them for offers would be a waste of my time.

Thanks again,

•••
Just curious, but did you double check headers and all?

I too have a hard time believing that they offered $25 for those. I realize that they may be trying to pick up a bargain, but I'd at least think even an idiot would want what he paid for them originally. You'd think they would offer that much. On that same token, I'm not convinved that they would make such a huge typo.

Anyways, I'll double their offer! :hehe:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back