IT.COM

advice Offer Received For 25 Years Old .Net Domain

NameSilo
Watch
Recently received a Offer for my domain e/w/o/r/k/s/.net from UniRegistry broker for 3k, What do you think I should do. Broker says they have received a offer for 3k. should I ask them to counter? How much should I counter?

Please advice

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd take and run if this wasnt first offer... but it is... so I'd counter

gl

•••
The answer depends on a few factors:

*How much do I need the money?
How many offers have I received on this domain?
Do I already have a BIN or minimum offer set on the domain?
If yes, what percentage of the BIN was offered?

That being said I would try to contact the broker and ask:
Is the buyer an end user?
Has this buyer bought other domains?
Does this buyer spend $$$$$?

The first question above is probably the most important and only you can answer it.

That said, $3K first offers(on non-premium names i.e. non LLL.com or dictionary.com) with no other pricing usually indicates they want it bad.

Also, type eworks.com and take a look around ;)

Last edited:
•••
The .com and .org are in use, leaving the .net left out of the established order and it is registered in 30+ extensions

Not a bad position to be in 🙂

•••
It's a great name but the only disadvantage it's a .net i don't deal with that extension because its a dying bread.

With a quick search i see that drones.net just sold for 5,845 USD and it's a much more valuable domain.

There is much factors that go into play but IMO i would just counter around 6500$ to 8500$ and try to get them as close to 5000$ as possible.

Good luck and hope you make a sale (y)

Last edited:
•••
I'd take and run if this wasnt first offer... but it is... so I'd counter

gl

Thanks @alcy

*How much do I need the money?
How many offers have I received on this domain?
Do I already have a BIN or minimum offer set on the domain?
If yes, what percentage of the BIN was offered?

The first question above is probably the most important and only you can answer it.

That said, $3K first offers(on non-premium names i.e. non LLL.com or dictionary.com) with no other pricing usually indicates they want it bad.

Also, type eworks.com and take a look around ;)

Thanks for your valueble opinions @distlej . I really appriciate it :)

The .com and .org are in use, leaving the .net left out of the established order and it is registered in 30+ extensions

Not a bad position to be in 🙂

Absolutly right @NickB It has registered in many extentions and I think it has many uses for Web Designing, Content creatio eMarketing companies. Thats why I'm worried about my counter offer pricing.

It's a great name but the only disadvantage it's a .net i don't deal with that extension because its a dying bread.

With a quick search i see that drones.net just sold for 5,845 USD and it's a much more valuable domain.

There is much factors that go into play but IMO i would just counter around 6500$ to 8500$ and try to get them as close to 5000$ as possible.

Good luck and hope you make a sale (y)

Thanks @rafaelo0 . i think you gave a good counter offer range.

•••

The broker works for the client (the buyer).
Do you think the broker is going to tell you these answers?

Last edited:
•••
Always counter! The pros all agree.

•••
•••
$4.5k would be the best price IMO.

Goodluck (y)

•••
For a brandable .Net like that, I'd say take the money and move on to a better name in .com or a one word .net. Personally, if I can get $1k+ on an obscure word or brandable .net...I tend to move them.

$3k is 1 or 2 very nice LLLL.com or 2 to 3 solid two word.com's if you know what you're doing.

Last edited:
•••
I would accept that offer. It's simple to me. That amount for that domain will definitely give you the ability to buy up.

Meaning, if I sell e/w/o....net for 3k, I can easily take that 3k and buy 1 or 2 even better domains in this market.

No question on that one. Sell at 3k.

•••
- Don't be in love with your domain name
- Cash is King
- Wife is Queen
- Queen always beats King

Last edited:
•••
•••
In my opinion, it's not really a good name for a .net but I would say something like "I actually wanted double that, 6k, but I am willing to do 4500.

•••
if your hold time is less than 2 years then okay to counter offer but if its your first offer after 25 years then you should go....

•••
- Don't be in love with your domain name
- Cash is King
- Wife is Queen
- Queen always beats King

then, who are you @johnn :xf.smile:? BTW good advice.

•••
That depends upon you, however if I had this domain, I wouldn't accept it below $5K at least.

This is a good domain name and should be $5 or more.

•••
Personally I would counter at 5.5k
Pays for commission and leaves a nice round 5k

I think it's a great domain and ONLY because all other extensions are in use would I counter.
Had that not been the case I would have taken the offer and ran to the bank.

Last edited:
•••
I would also edit out the name in case the person happens to check out this forum. Also a lot of people have spelt out the domain name in their enthusiasm.

Counter but don't be greedy. It has been with you for a long time and how many offers have you had before? That is important.

•••
Have you got another 25 years in you take it move on. Not strong enough to counter. A net brand not generic.

Last edited:
•••
If it meets your valuation sell it. Else counter it.

•••
This is not a starting number you can play with do not counter it isn't $300 it is no reply to a counter. The domain hasn't the quality it is just a brand in dot net.

Last edited:
•••
Its been 4 days. Did you counter, blow the deal or take the money and run?

•••
In my opinion, it's not really a good name for a .net but I would say something like "I actually wanted double that, 6k, but I am willing to do 4500.

I agree with this. If you've been holding the domain for 25 years, and as Ram had said.. 4.5k...

I'm not ever going to ever say I'm good enough to appraise ewor//ks.net But DNGear often sails her .XYZs for 5k+... and .net is better than .xyz.

But .net really isn't so great nowadays. I would, myself, either accept or reach for 4.5k. I know 3k isn't much after waiting 2.5 decades... but it is what it is.

•••
Back