Dynadot

advice Offer Received For 25 Years Old .Net Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Recently received a Offer for my domain e/w/o/r/k/s/.net from UniRegistry broker for 3k, What do you think I should do. Broker says they have received a offer for 3k. should I ask them to counter? How much should I counter?

Please advice

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
- Don't be in love with your domain name
- Cash is King
- Wife is Queen
- Queen always beats King

Last edited:
•••
I would accept that offer. It's simple to me. That amount for that domain will definitely give you the ability to buy up.

Meaning, if I sell e/w/o....net for 3k, I can easily take that 3k and buy 1 or 2 even better domains in this market.

No question on that one. Sell at 3k.

•••
The .com and .org are in use, leaving the .net left out of the established order and it is registered in 30+ extensions

Not a bad position to be in 🙂

•••
It's a great name but the only disadvantage it's a .net i don't deal with that extension because its a dying bread.

With a quick search i see that drones.net just sold for 5,845 USD and it's a much more valuable domain.

There is much factors that go into play but IMO i would just counter around 6500$ to 8500$ and try to get them as close to 5000$ as possible.

Good luck and hope you make a sale (y)

Last edited:
•••
I'd take and run if this wasnt first offer... but it is... so I'd counter

gl

Thanks @alcy

The answer depends on a few factors:

*How much do I need the money?
How many offers have I received on this domain?
Do I already have a BIN or minimum offer set on the domain?
If yes, what percentage of the BIN was offered?

That being said I would try to contact the broker and ask:
Is the buyer an end user?
Has this buyer bought other domains?
Does this buyer spend $$$$$?

The first question above is probably the most important and only you can answer it.

That said, $3K first offers(on non-premium names i.e. non LLL.com or dictionary.com) with no other pricing usually indicates they want it bad.

Also, type eworks.com and take a look around ;)

Thanks for your valueble opinions @distlej . I really appriciate it :)

The .com and .org are in use, leaving the .net left out of the established order and it is registered in 30+ extensions

Not a bad position to be in 🙂

Absolutly right @NickB It has registered in many extentions and I think it has many uses for Web Designing, Content creatio eMarketing companies. Thats why I'm worried about my counter offer pricing.

It's a great name but the only disadvantage it's a .net i don't deal with that extension because its a dying bread.

With a quick search i see that drones.net just sold for 5,845 USD and it's a much more valuable domain.

There is much factors that go into play but IMO i would just counter around 6500$ to 8500$ and try to get them as close to 5000$ as possible.

Good luck and hope you make a sale (y)

Thanks @rafaelo0 . i think you gave a good counter offer range.

•••
Always counter! The pros all agree.

•••
$4.5k would be the best price IMO.

Goodluck (y)

•••
Its been 4 days. Did you counter, blow the deal or take the money and run?

•••
I'd take and run if this wasnt first offer... but it is... so I'd counter

gl

•••

*How much do I need the money?
How many offers have I received on this domain?
Do I already have a BIN or minimum offer set on the domain?
If yes, what percentage of the BIN was offered?

The first question above is probably the most important and only you can answer it.

That said, $3K first offers(on non-premium names i.e. non LLL.com or dictionary.com) with no other pricing usually indicates they want it bad.

Also, type eworks.com and take a look around ;)

Last edited:
•••

The broker works for the client (the buyer).
Do you think the broker is going to tell you these answers?

Last edited:
•••
For a brandable .Net like that, I'd say take the money and move on to a better name in .com or a one word .net. Personally, if I can get $1k+ on an obscure word or brandable .net...I tend to move them.

$3k is 1 or 2 very nice LLLL.com or 2 to 3 solid two word.com's if you know what you're doing.

Last edited:
•••
Personally I would counter at 5.5k
Pays for commission and leaves a nice round 5k

I think it's a great domain and ONLY because all other extensions are in use would I counter.
Had that not been the case I would have taken the offer and ran to the bank.

Last edited:
•••
Have you got another 25 years in you take it move on. Not strong enough to counter. A net brand not generic.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Sorry for the delayed responce all.

I countered 8k as I feel there are many end users for the domain. The sale didn't go though.

I would try to contact potential end users and I may even contact the coompany or person who made the offer.

Thanks for the active support.
I will update the thread once I sell the domain (Which is definite)

•••
•••
•••
In my opinion, it's not really a good name for a .net but I would say something like "I actually wanted double that, 6k, but I am willing to do 4500.

•••
if your hold time is less than 2 years then okay to counter offer but if its your first offer after 25 years then you should go....

•••
- Don't be in love with your domain name
- Cash is King
- Wife is Queen
- Queen always beats King

then, who are you @johnn :xf.smile:? BTW good advice.

•••
That depends upon you, however if I had this domain, I wouldn't accept it below $5K at least.

This is a good domain name and should be $5 or more.

•••
I would also edit out the name in case the person happens to check out this forum. Also a lot of people have spelt out the domain name in their enthusiasm.

Counter but don't be greedy. It has been with you for a long time and how many offers have you had before? That is important.

•••
If it meets your valuation sell it. Else counter it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back