discuss .O Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Managed by independent members of the community OpenNIC
Any opinion
Right now are for reg. at Epik.com
I don't know if other registrar ofer for registration .O
Notice also already few of them sold on Namepros
Any idea how to be setup on/for VPN to add content ?
Personal i reg. few among them: Mexic.o, Tatto.o , Cong.o , Audi.o , Radi.o , SanFrancisc.o &
Toky.o - for 2021 :xf.wink:
Show here your registration & your opinion or any info

Kind regards,
Ovi

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
reg a few @ Epik then found you can set up free @ GitHub IF U learn how -

after months I just got an email saying one was a go -

but my web hosting provider

does'nt rec

?

•••
I see that the .o extension is not operating properly. I'm assuming the person or group in charge of running the .o extension maybe lost interest or maybe had to deal with unforseen circumstances.

I'm not currently aware of any such issues with the .O namespace on OpenNIC. If you have a concern you can definitely DM me and I can take a look.

•••
•••
The main barrier to relevance for Alt Name Spaces is distribution. The traditional solution is a browser plugin, but that has its own set of challenges.

The path Epik is focused on is directed at resiliency through decentralization of the last mile infrastructure, for bandwidth, storage and processing.

I listed above the various technologies that we have assembled under one roof through organic development and acquisition. To get a sense of what is coming for decentralized internet access, check this:

https://os.toki.com/

If you have a Raspberry Pi, you can download and install it and see where this is headed.

Just for calibration, there are 3 billion people with little or no internet access. We can sell them or give them access to a free local internet with local content archive.

You can also test-drive how the system compresses sites for delivery to decentralized Toki servers by using the site downloader we are developing for both the clear web and deep web:

https://websites.org/

The compressed websites are stripped of surveillance code for fast private viewing.

The people who deploy these Toki servers will earn a crypto utility token called a Toki, which is redeemable or transferable. Masterbucks 2.0 will allow you to convert it to fiat or other crypto.

So what does this have to do with Alt Domains? When you install the Toki OS for connection sharing, you also deploy our secure DNS resolver which means it can resolve any alt TLD.

If there is no reliable uplink, it can render a locally cached copy of the site if it has one.

In short, our plan involves more than an alternate namespace. It is an alternate way to leverage decentralized infrastructure for empowerment, resiliency and sovereignty in the digital age.

I'm really sorry, but this still doesn't explain why you're commercing the alternate DNS root extensions.

I actually prefer to use browser plugin, change my DNS manually or use an application to automatize DNS changing.

It's not necessary to purchase anything when it can be done freebie.

•••
•••
Do you know how much sell crypto.geek
Who register Crypt.o ? :xf.grin:

These names seem worthless now, but give it time - they will be valuable. especially to Crypto as well as world banks.

•••
The main barrier to relevance for Alt Name Spaces is distribution. The traditional solution is a browser plugin, but that has its own set of challenges.

The path Epik is focused on is directed at resiliency through decentralization of the last mile infrastructure, for bandwidth, storage and processing.

I listed above the various technologies that we have assembled under one roof through organic development and acquisition. To get a sense of what is coming for decentralized internet access, check this:

https://os.toki.com/

If you have a Raspberry Pi, you can download and install it and see where this is headed.

Just for calibration, there are 3 billion people with little or no internet access. We can sell them or give them access to a free local internet with local content archive.

You can also test-drive how the system compresses sites for delivery to decentralized Toki servers by using the site downloader we are developing for both the clear web and deep web:

https://websites.org/

The compressed websites are stripped of surveillance code for fast private viewing.

The people who deploy these Toki servers will earn a crypto utility token called a Toki, which is redeemable or transferable. Masterbucks 2.0 will allow you to convert it to fiat or other crypto.

So what does this have to do with Alt Domains? When you install the Toki OS for connection sharing, you also deploy our secure DNS resolver which means it can resolve any alt TLD.

If there is no reliable uplink, it can render a locally cached copy of the site if it has one.

In short, our plan involves more than an alternate namespace. It is an alternate way to leverage decentralized infrastructure for empowerment, resiliency and sovereignty in the digital age.

I'm really sorry, but this still doesn't explain why you're commercing the alternate DNS root extensions.

I actually prefer to use browser plugin, change my DNS manually or use an application to automatize DNS changing.

It's not necessary to purchase anything when it can be done freebie.

we need an explanation

Last edited:
•••
Any update for open nic domain ????

•••
Work only via or on VPN
I install on Chrome plugin DotVPN & Hola Free VPN
Now i try how to figured out to put content on them
Will this cause issues with .o on the Handshake DNS system?

Here's .o: namebase[dot]io/domains/o

Last edited:
•••
Will this cause issues with .o on the Handshake DNS system?

Here's .o: namebase[dot]io/domains/o
They are different though, no?

.o vs o/

and .o cannot resolve on it's own, but o/ can. And they don't share same dns resolvers.

Confusion once 2nd level domains start getting added because then o/ becomes example.o/, and then what of example.o??

These TLDs are overlapping because they aren't respecting a space already being accounted for. However at least we shouldn't see alt/chain domains overlapping traditional DNS extensions as that space is being respected.

•••
Last edited:
•••
i sold it on epik.com for about $50 i think. (crypto.geek)

Last edited:
•••
Managed by independent members of the community OpenNIC
Any opinion
Right now are for reg. at Epik.com
I don't know if other registrar ofer for registration .O
Notice also already few of them sold on Namepros
Any idea how to be setup on/for VPN to add content ?
Personal i reg. few among them: Mexic.o, Tatto.o , Cong.o , Audi.o , Radi.o , SanFrancisc.o &
Toky.o - for 2021 :xf.wink:
Show here your registration & your opinion or any info

Kind regards,
Ovi
Any update ?
Any software support ?

@Jonah Aragon @Epik.com

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back