Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What was supposed to be a productive thread to improve the forum has turned into a bashing by one disgruntled ex member who had his ego crushed when RJ banned his **s.

http://www.DNF/f72/DNF-com-namepros-com-what-do-you-like-hate-3-thread-493887.html#post2123651

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Agree, and this is when DNF Moderators had a duty to intervene and made a conscious decision not to, they only intervene when it's one of their friends doing the reporting.

No shortage of "classless and inappropriate" behavior on DNF.. They must see value in it that I don't.

:talk:

as one of the mods on dnf, i'm gonna rebutt some of this.

so mods here, please excuse me.

if you spoke to members at dnf, like you are doing here....you wouldn't have gotten banned.

your tone here is quite different than it was there and out of all the members there, there always seem to be a handful who for one reason or another, like to keep going at each other.

constantly carrying aggression across the forum to different sections, outside of politics.

and this shit goes on for years

your statements are not factual, when you say "mods only intervene when it's one of their friends reporting".

i know i tried hard to get you and other members there to stop with the back and forth.. but each of you wanted the other to stop first.
i asked you to edit your offensive signature in reference to obama, but you refused.

who wants to see that crap in every thread you post in?

even in the "cybersquatting thread" you labeled my reply
Biggies ridiculous argument
and tried to say i said things that i did not say.

so why should anyone have sympathy or compassion for your feelings or viewpoints, when you don't consider ours.

it works both ways

moderators are human too and it's only so much bs we'll put up with or feel like we should intervene on, when it's the same bickering crap over and over.

imo, you kept bringing more bullshit to the table than you're worth, in comparison to what a contributing member should do or set example of.

you have lots of domaining knowledge and experience, but all that gets overshadowed when you come like you've been coming.

cuz if you can be mellow here, you can be mellow anywhere...

lastly, a plug for dnf

the membership fee is one-time payment for your membership level, there is no recurring fee and the cost is much lower than some of domain finding tools and website services some of you pay a monthly fee to use.

additionally, the majority of dnf members, are also np members

imo...

Thanks

•••
your tone here is quite different than it was there and out of all the members there, there always seem to be a handful who for one reason or another, like to keep going at each other.

I actually agree with you on this point, It's different here because the atmosphere is different, Everyone knows if you step out of line here you have a high risk of being banned.. As a result, members treat other members with respect here, that's why I'm treated with respect and show respect in return... It's not rocket science.

On DNF members freely break the rules, Say anything you want to Raider, trash her and her family and my moderating buddies will look the other way. Clearly there is too much hate for me on that forum,, most of which stems from my political views, The fact of the matter is, that hate is compounded by your inaction as a moderator, not stepping up and putting them in their place.

What motivation do the instigators have to STOP if you don't do anything about it? None that I can think of.

your statements are not factual, when you say "mods only intervene when it's one of their friends reporting".

In my case it's the TRUTH... My report button has been ineffective of over 2 years, but when Theo or Gerry report a post, your guys are there in a heartbeat, only then do you leave the donut shop to intervene.

i asked you to edit your offensive signature in reference to obama, but you refused.

Why should I? It was NOT offensive to anyone in particular, To the "politically intolerant" I could see how it would be though.

Why should I edit my signature when you allowed Gerry to attack me personally in his Signature for over 2 years? You even have a RULE which PROHIBITS that, and you did NOTHING about it for 2 YEARS.

That is "Incompetence"

even in the "cybersquatting thread" you labeled my reply --- and tried to say i said things that i did not say.

If I remember right, you got personal and alluded to going out on a date, which was followed up by a sexist remark from another moderator.... Yes, that was quite ridiculous as was your point about Nouns and Verbs.

cuz if you can be mellow here, you can be mellow anywhere...

NOT on DNF I cant.. . It's NOT possible for me to sit by and allow myself to be viciously attacked when I did nothing to provoke it, I can count the number of UN-PROVOKED attacks I reported that went absolutely nowhere....

Attacks like "You Phucking Kunt" and the moderators sit idly by and do NOTHING.

If domainers want to join your site, I have a 3 suggestions for them;

1) Stay out of Political
2) Attend a Traffic show and suck up to the brass.
3) Be prepared to take out your wallet.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

additionally, the majority of dnf members, are also np members

Shouldn't that be;

the majority of np members, are also dnf members.?

Last edited:
•••
I actually agree with you on this point, It's different here because the atmosphere is different, Everyone knows if you step out of line here you have a high risk of being banned..

this forum was actually sold a while back and has new owners and new moderation. its way more laid back than it used to be and the moderation is not as heavy handed as before...

i dont want to make it sound like you can say anything.. but there is no high risk of being banned. the way it was moderated 5 years ago made it seem like a little kids playhouse in my opinion. "Jeff" trolling the .mobi subforums with his insincere misleading posts didnt help any either... RJ was a nice guy though.

annnnnyway, yes i get why people post general news threads and non-domain related discussion in domain forums. i get it... most folks only actively participate in a few forums at a time and you can talk about stuff with people you're familiar with - its easier to have an ongoing argument that way... i just think its a bad idea cause no matter how disciplined you are it bleeds into other threads..

lastly, i sometimes eat cat food. meow mix in particular..

•••
•••
4. Does the First Amendment apply to private companies and organizations?
Yes it does apply - it extends to speech made BY private companies...pfft, I'll stop...I know what you mean and can't even be bother to be pedantic in this thread..

:lol:

Nudnick: "An obtuse, boring, or bothersome person; a pest."
Cool. So Adam thinks he's a nudnick.

Maybe the "tone" is off sometimes, but I do appreciate HeyNow's consistency and contributions to this community. Kind of like w/ Snoop in .TV ville for those that remember.
In a not so veiled tip of the hat to Quirk's Exception.... we should probably not talk about Hitler, Stalin, or Polpot because they were all so long ago. We should be able to move on - I mean all the crazy libs have already stopped blaming GWB for all that Global Warming and war nonsense, so we can stop bringing up how scammy snapnames is.. and how DN Journal calls their sources "reputable".
[Edit: Should have quoted prior post not Menzl - this refers to HeyNow being told he should move on as if there is a statute of limitations on whether one should trust someone who made an error of judgment once - even if they don't actually man up to it (allegedly)]

I do not think that is cool at all considering your popularity w/in the domaining community nor beneficial to many of your own forum members since many of us have a considerable investment in the extension for the United States.
It doesn't matter what his opinion of .us is. The point is that he directly used it as a tool to belittle another individual(allegedly)... as in "HeyNow - you're such a f^cking numbnut (sorry, nudnick) as we can tell you because you're a sh^t domainer who can't even find little advantages in certain auction formats." (not actually said and entirely inferred by DU, allegedly)

Last edited:
•••
No DU I meant it in a pure way, now if you want to say that if a private entity plays both sides.

But if I start a forum, brand new and you join. NO you do not have Freedom of Speech, The First Amendment does not apply. I can edit your posts, I can ban you.

Many times over the last 15 years I have read people on forums and blogs say, " I will say whatever I want,Freedom of Speech" They have no freedom of speech on someone else's virtual property

Now how an owner decides to moderate something as important as speech is very important, they should know it may drastically affect the success and standing of that forum, especially if people feel they are being treated unfairly.

Last edited:
•••
this forum was actually sold a while back and has new owners and new moderation. its way more laid back than it used to be and the moderation is not as heavy handed as before...

I know that Matt bought t out, but I wasn't aware moderation was eased... All I know is from what I see here, every time I had a issue and summoned a moderator or administrator, I received a swift response, I think I had trouble only once with a troll and it was put to rest within a few minutes.

My correspondence with Eric, David and others has always been good, Very courteous. Which in turn makes me want to come back and contribute more.

And I like the large network of Moderators here, I think having that large network makes it difficult to play favs..

Funny, I once pondered the idea of applying for a Moderator position here, but not sure how much time it would involve.. With my new career I really don't have a lot.

Thanks MJ

BTW, What part of So.Cal are you from?

•••
just saw the tag on this thread.. i actually thought member "snoop" was honest. trolling a forum doesn't mean disagreeing. its being insincere about your position on the topic... people want to know why he was posting in a .TV forum when he didnt like that TLD? because the guy was interested in the entire domain world and its a domain forum and dissenting opinions matter too.

BUT when you're lying about how you really feel or the intent of your post were just to see how many angry replies you could bait: thats trolling.

theres a difference internet.

I know that Matt bought t out, but I wasn't aware moderation was eased...

guess i wasnt really trying to say eased, necessarily.. just that before it seemed like if you called someone a poo poo head you got a message saying "hey be nice" :laugh:

but yes - you, gerry and theo would just go on and on and on.. it was very noticeable when it bled over into over threads... to the people on the sidelines it doesnt even matter whos the biggest aggressor.. it just appears as one big lump of blah.

im in sandy eggo

Last edited:
•••
Snoop has made more, sold more, and knows more than 98% of the NP membership.

As for him being a troll, - Honesty is a reality clueless dreamers despise.

•••
im in sandy eggo

O.C. Here :)

I have to say I got so immersed into all those heated discussions at DNF that I lost all sight of how meaningless they really were... All the good debaters are long gone, the section looks like a Ghost town now, seems the only ones creating threads there are Theo, Gerry and the Moderators, all trying to bring a corpse back to life.

Now they can sit at the table and agree with one another.. And when another member comes along and posts a remark like I did, they can just hit the ban button and go back to agreeing...

Isn't debating great?

:lol:

Couldn't help but take a peek at the Boston Bombing Thread over there, You got one member calling for the entire middle east to be nuked and another guy suggesting we do away with trials and bring out the firing squad.. I kid you NOT.

But to that bad bad Raider who asked the unforgiving question; "This is what? the 2nd or 3rd Terrorist attack on US Soil since Obama became President?

BAN!

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

"This message has been deleted by Eric_Lyon. Reason: cleaning up unsupported / lack of proof claims that appear to be hateful and geared simply to troll / start arguments"

Thank you Eric for trying to keep my thread free of the troll debris... Much appreciated :)

Last edited:
•••
I think the Tags below, completely summarizes what this thread is all about without going through the repetitive back-and-forths from people.

Good job, Tags.

•••
WTF kind of post is that?

•••
Anyone else feel the love in the air or is it just me?

•••
•••
•••
DNF! You ban people - you return the fees! That's 50 bucks!
There is no reason you should keep banned folks money

•••
wonder if abrokenrecord.com is taken....

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

O.C. Here :)

But to that bad bad Raider who asked the unforgiving question; "This is what? the 2nd or 3rd Terrorist attack on US Soil since Obama became President?

BAN!

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

"

Not having read your entire post containing this snippet about Obama, it wouldn't be fair to make a judgment about it, but no matter which president you named, if your intention was to imply presidential incompetence allowed a terrorist attack (without absolute concrete proof), that may not be worth a ban, but would certainly be worth a "clean up" deletion like has been done in this thread for "unsubstantiated claims." Of course, if the comment wasn't meant to imply culpability....if it were just a matter of fact observation not meant to be a hateful unsupported opinion, that would be just peachy.

•••
wonder if abrokenrecord.com is taken....

Allegedly, according to this thread and not necessarily reality or my opinion:

Namepros Answer:
Have you tried whois.sc?

DNF Answer:
What a f^cking nudnick. At least hes graduated from .us speculation ha ha...

•••
Not having read your entire post containing this snippet about Obama, it wouldn't be fair to make a judgment about it, but no matter which president you named, if your intention was to imply presidential incompetence allowed a terrorist attack (without absolute concrete proof), that may not be worth a ban, but would certainly be worth a "clean up" deletion like has been done in this thread for "unsubstantiated claims." Of course, if the comment wasn't meant to imply culpability....if it were just a matter of fact observation not meant to be a hateful unsupported opinion, that would be just peachy.

This is what I wrote in it's entirety;

"This is what? the 2nd or 3rd Terrorist attack on US Soil since Obama became President?

And he's focused on doing what right now? Oh yeah, restricting Guns from law abiding Americans."

Certainly I was not blaming him personally, simply implying that it happened under his watch, No different than Dems saying 911 happened under Bush's watch.

But your right, I beat the dead horse long enough, I think I hit on every point I wanted to and really have nothing more to add..

Theirs a whole world of happiness out there, and I plan to explore as much of it as possible.. Thank you Eric and NP for allowing me to vent my frustrations here, Your the best

Raider

As for the refund I paid for my Platinum membership, I figure the least Adam can do is refund it, Donate the money to WorldVision,org helping the Children of my home Country The Philippines.

•••
It was mentioned on dnf that on avg they ban 400 annually. That's 20 grand. Who gets that dough?

•••
..Who gets that dough?
Whomever you paid to go into 'their place' business!! Paying to join something doesn't give one the right to 'do as one pleases'!

You pay to get into a nightclub, get drunk and belligerent and get kicked out, you don't get get your cover charge back. Same thing applies.

•••
DNF sells a lifetime membership.
It ain't a one night stand :lol:

•••
Snoop has made more, sold more, and knows more than 98% of the NP membership.

applause, kudos and all that...

As for him being a troll, - Honesty is a reality clueless dreamers despise.

Don Quixote's(and the various Sanchos that accompanied him while he was here) accuracy, while high, was never close to 100% in terms of understanding the concept of time and the changes that come with it.

One may wonder if he is still awaiting the return of the 20th century. His crusade, after all, was to bring it back. We wish the Don very best of luck and fortune with that one.

As far as "honesty", he was allowed bullying privilege's since he was a mod at another board and buds with the old moderators of NP...

•••
...RE: SNOOP

don't get me wrong. I did not and would not ever, EVER, say that he is a troll, cause he ain't. I love the bum, actually. I would not post what I did before if I didn't.

For me, at least, he is ALWAYS welcome aboard!...

Don Quixote, please come home. we miss you.

signed,

Mother...

•••
You pay to get into a nightclub, get drunk and belligerent and get kicked out, you don't get get your cover charge back. Same thing applies.

When you go into a nightclub and the drunk gets belligerent with you and your booted out for defending yourself, I think your entitled to 100% of the cover charge, There is a degree of liabilty, the bar owner has a responsibility to maintain order in his establishment, and that means booting the drunk out before he starts trouble with other patrons.

Problem with DNF is, the drunks are still there.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back