Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What was supposed to be a productive thread to improve the forum has turned into a bashing by one disgruntled ex member who had his ego crushed when RJ banned his **s.

http://www.DNF/f72/DNF-com-namepros-com-what-do-you-like-hate-3-thread-493887.html#post2123651

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
raider don't mind the trolls, this isn't harry potter, they can't harm you

•••
This is actually a good example of when to ban somebody. Eric has already had to delete multiple posts, he's been banned at the other forum and it's a really simple line.

Are you here to be part of a community, get in discussions, buy/sell domains etc or just to start trouble, get at somebody. This one is pretty obvious and should have been handled already.

•••
This is actually a good example of when to ban somebody. Eric has already had to delete multiple posts, he's been banned at the other forum and it's a really simple line.

Are you here to be part of a community, get in discussions, buy/sell domains etc or just to start trouble, get at somebody. This one is pretty obvious and should have been handled already.

Everyone makes mistakes and has lessons to learn. There's appropriate actions for everything and in this case (at the moment) removing a few posts and noting why for the member to learn from is an acceptable solution (+ an infraction). If they continue, then naturally we'll have to start harsher disciplinary actions. What we don't want to do, is to start just banning everyone that makes a mistake. We also believe in second chances, just because someone got banned somewhere else breaking rules doesn't mean we should auto ban them without giving them a chance to see if they can better them self or if they have changed.

Time will tell though as each situation unfolds. Also, keep in mind that we have an infraction system, each type of infraction has a different amount of points associated to it, each members account is allotted 20 max active points before their account auto-closes.

Eric Lyon

Last edited:
•••
Acro did a thorough portfolio analysis of the person in question.
At that time there were two dozen names. None of those names would pull more than $100.

:lol:

•••
Acro did a thorough portfolio analysis of the person in question.
At that time there were two dozen names. None of those names would pull more than $100.

I think someone did a through analysis of your mother. At that time it was decided that she could not pull in more than $100.

But no matter, as long as you think she is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel and want to grow old and be like her.

Last edited:
•••
I think someone did a through analysis of your mother. At that time it was decided that she could not pull in more than $100...

I have heard sophomoric statements like this while attending elementary school so many moons ago.

Nice to see that some here retain the peer-pressure knowledge that they culled in fifth grade, Unfortunately, it doesn't lend itself to a professional business environment.

Whatever incensed you to retort in such a manner did not call for one to be subjected to this type of bullying. One may think it humourous and I guess for some it is. Half-wit is better than no wit, I suppose?...

Last edited:
•••
I think someone did a through analysis of your mother. At that time it was decided that she could not pull in more than $100.

your mother wears army boots :lol:

•••

OK, I wish to thank Adam Dicker for attending the show and tell at this elementary school thread.

I am moving on, good fortune to all concerned...

•••
OK, I wish to thank Adam Dicker for attending the show and tell at this elementary school thread

Adam is Busy Laughing All the Way to the Bank

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

as long as you think she is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel and want to grow old and be like her.

to the Low Life:
My Mom is dead

•••

If your mother is really dead, that should have been your first reply, not a mother insult flung back at the insult that shouldn't have included your mom in the first place.

What's with the Adam Dicker proselytizing?

What is the intent of all the posts by ZigmundF in this thread? It's certainly not to live up to person it looks like he modeled his name from.

•••
raider don't mind the trolls, this isn't harry potter, they can't harm you

When a Troll like him goes into my profile and gives me a negative trader rating for a trade that never happened, and takes valuable time away fron the moderators of this forum, Well, if that's not harm, I don't know what is.

•••
that's not harm, cause it can be reversed easilly mate

•••
I have heard sophomoric statements like this while attending elementary school so many moons ago.

Nice to see that some here retain the peer-pressure knowledge that they culled in fifth grade, Unfortunately, it doesn't lend itself to
a professional business environment.

Whatever incensed you to retort in such a manner did not call for one to be subjected to this type of bullying. One may think it humourous and I guess for some it is. Half-wit is better than no wit, I suppose?...

First, I apologize for offending your sensibilities. That said, the point of the post was to deliberately trade barbs in a "fifth grade" manner to point out the overall stupidity of his posts and meaningless of his contribution.

This form of maternal insult has been going on for many a year:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAy4zULKFDU"]Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! - YouTube[/ame]

For me? The method chosen to do so was based on the username and location of the original poster who was the famous founding father of pschychoanalysis and his theory of the oedipal complex.

Half of what a I wrote was a quote attributed to his namesake.

Unfortunately, the wit, it appears, was too veiled.

It may help if you stop considering this a place of professional business behaviour. I have my doubts whether that ever was or ever could be the case. I didn't realize "Don Quixote" was a professional nickname you offered up to others.

to the Low Life:
My Mom is dead

Even though maternal jokes are not intended to be literal, I apologize if in some way it cause you personal pain.

•••
The method chosen to do so was based on the username and location of the original poster who was the famous founding father of pschychoanalysis and his theory of the oedipal complex.

Unfortunately, the wit, it appears, was too veiled.

Your brain works in strange and fascinating ways :)

•••
i dont think forums need to be that professional..

makes me feel like i need to wear pants.

•••
I didn't realize "Don Quixote" was a professional nickname you offered up to others.

Even though maternal jokes are not intended to be literal, I apologize if in some way it cause you personal pain.

...My dear knight(was gonna call you knave but I looked it up first. I'll save that for a later time)!

Whilst my (vain attempt at?) humour was aimed primarily and poignantly at the perceived desires of the illustrious and illusory Don Quixote to turn back the impending hands of time to a safer, stabler and gentler cyberspace, at no time in my thoughts did I ever entertain a desire to cast aspersions upon his family tree.

I stated before that I have high admiration for the person I parodied in a satirical reference and that changes not.

You're cool, too. Thanx for the explanation. Yes, my head at times dwelleth in the forest a tad too long as well...

•••

Turns out after review it was a misattribution on my part making the link to his id tenuous at best.

C'est la vie.

I guess I should stop trying to be smarter than I is.

•••
Narcissism

DU, I accept your apology.
Now, lets focus on the problem at hand. Freud called it Narcissism. Many good men were destroyed or defeated by narcissists.
See wiki
Traits and signs:
An obvious self-focus in interpersonal exchanges
Problems in sustaining satisfying relationships
A lack of psychological awareness (see insight in psychology and psychiatry, egosyntonic)
Difficulty with empathy
Problems distinguishing the self from others (see narcissism and boundaries)
Hypersensitivity to any insults or imagined insults (see criticism and narcissists, narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury)
Vulnerability to shame rather than guilt
Haughty body language
Flattery towards people who admire and affirm them (narcissistic supply)
Detesting those who do not admire them (narcissistic abuse)
Using other people without considering the cost of doing so
Pretending to be more important than they really are
Bragging (subtly but persistently) and exaggerating their achievements
Claiming to be an "expert" at many things
Inability to view the world from the perspective of other people
Denial of remorse and gratitude

Hotchkiss' seven deadly sins of narcissism:

Shamelessness: Shame is the feeling that lurks beneath all unhealthy narcissism, and the inability to process shame in healthy ways.
Magical thinking: Narcissists see themselves as perfect, using distortion and illusion known as magical thinking. They also use projection to dump shame onto others.
Arrogance: A narcissist who is feeling deflated may reinflate by diminishing, debasing, or degrading somebody else.
Envy: A narcissist may secure a sense of superiority in the face of another person's ability by using contempt to minimize the other person.
Entitlement: Narcissists hold unreasonable expectations of particularly favorable treatment and automatic compliance because they consider themselves special. Failure to comply is considered an attack on their superiority, and the perpetrator is considered an "awkward" or "difficult" person. Defiance of their will is a narcissistic injury that can trigger narcissistic rage.
Exploitation: Can take many forms but always involves the exploitation of others without regard for their feelings or interests. Often the other is in a subservient position where resistance would be difficult or even impossible. Sometimes the subservience is not so much real as assumed.
Bad boundaries: Narcissists do not recognize that they have boundaries and that others are separate and are not extensions of themselves. Others either exist to meet their needs or may as well not exist at all. Those who provide narcissistic supply to the narcissist are treated as if they are part of the narcissist and are expected to live up to those expectations. In the mind of a narcissist there is no boundary between self and other.

•••
Turns out after review it was a misattribution on my part making the link to his id tenuous at best.

C'est la vie.

I guess I should stop trying to be smarter than I is.

Bro, you aint got no gooder english, it shud be "smarter then I are"

Sum peeples kids, I swear.

Peece,
Sy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back