Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What was supposed to be a productive thread to improve the forum has turned into a bashing by one disgruntled ex member who had his ego crushed when RJ banned his **s.

http://www.DNF/f72/DNF-com-namepros-com-what-do-you-like-hate-3-thread-493887.html#post2123651

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
personaly i never used dnf cause of the pay system, i find it hard to pay to try a forum to see if it is any good.
but latelly i see more and more posts everywhere about dnf fall, maybe it's true maybe not i dunno and i really don't care.

•••
I think the owner of domaingang is 12 years old, mentally that is.. He's the one who used it, repeatedly.

...the desire to even want to use such profanity betrays a certain mental instability and hostility toward women.

DNF was the first forum I ever joined and I still visit it two or three times a year. They definitely lack a moral compass over there in regards to etiquette and decorum. I am just glad that Namepros has more professional standards...

•••
You got to love Adam's stern warning in the Political section when he re-opened it;
This section is a place where people can express their views freely on politics current events. Any racist, hate related, PERSONAL ATTACKS will result in immediate BANNING!
Today, I expressed my political view on a current event, 100% of which was purely political..

Problem #1:
Politics on a domain forum. What's the point? Why? If people want to spout off on their own political agendas find a forum that supports that. Same with religion. Same with model railway fans, Final Fantasy gamers, FreeMasons... go to the *appropriate* forum.

Problem #2:
Political posts: they are nearly all personal attacks and thus subject to banning.

You played that game often.

Must be a Canadian thing where we ban members for expressing political speech.
So out of the blue you attack Canadians? Would it have made a difference if he was from the Philippines? Probably not so it's a personal attack. Luckily you shouldn't get banned here :)

Prior post quoted Adam Dicker:

Please do not make this a slam namepros thead, that is not what it is meant to be.

I think the owner of domaingang is 12 years old, mentally that is.. He's the one who used it, repeatedly.

Can we not extend the same courtesy? Why are we discussing how users behave over there? No one cares..

Some people will always be at both forums. There's no me, I or us, them, we in this argument. I think you should accept that you pissed off the wrong person and he got you back. Whatever you think of that is fine but it makes no difference to anyone here what went on there with respect to non-domaining subject matter and whatever reality exists about personal agendas.

Why not just leave DNF and use NP as a domaining forum? You'd get more out of it.. People would get more out of it.. You'd make more friends...

Also, I'd ask for any money back that you can get.

But anyway, you're always welcome here as far as I know. No one gets hurt in any of this that I can tell.

Last edited:
•••
yeah, the political threads on domain forums are stupid. religious threads on domain forum.. also completely stupid.

going off topic is fun and i dont like people who are constantly using "lets get back on topic" simply because they dont like a point being made. its not that big of a deal and happens all the time in real life conversations... butttttttt i cant see the logic in wanting to have an ongoing politcal discussion on a domain forum.. just seems weird.

Last edited:
•••
but it makes no difference to anyone here what went on there with respect to non-domaining subject matter and whatever reality exists about personal agendas.

:talk:

totally agree

•••

I think having the political (and other) threads in the Break Room is a good idea. I hope Namepros keeps such threads.

Sometimes people just need to vent, and if you offer them a place to do so, then the main on-topic threads will likely stay free of off-topic posts.

;)

•••
Problem #1:
Politics on a domain forum. What's the point? Why? If people want to spout off on their own political agendas find a forum that supports that. .....
Hammer, Head, Nail!

Problem #2:
Political posts: they are nearly all personal attacks and thus subject to banning.

An unfortunate reality, but again.. Hammer, Head, Nail.

Why domain forums even has such threads is completely baffling in the first place. Desperation to placate 'some' members, seems to be the 'only reason'.

•••
I guess those threads exist because people like to talk about those subjects, hence the post counts in each of those threads. Those who don't, don't have to enter those threads.

I could just as easily ask, boob pics on a domain forum, what's the point?* It's not something that would be allowed in the work place, probably offensive to some.

*the point is, you live longer if you stare at them, this is scientifically proven.

These threads are in the Off Topic section. They're supposed to be Off Topic.

•••
Why domain forums even has such threads is completely baffling in the first place. Desperation to placate 'some' members, seems to be the 'only reason'.

:talk:

IF and that's a BIG IF...

members could restrain from using "derogatory descriptive adjectives" to characterize the person responding...

then quite possibly you could have an intelligent conversation

however, certain members attack the person, because:

they don't have the rationalization skills or ability to control emotions to cope with the argument, position or subject matter.

or they simply don't want to hear any opposing opinion

or they lack the effective communication skills necessary to convey their position, which is necessary to participate in such discussions.

or they have persona agendas.

however, outside such threads, the same agitators, provocateurs and instigators, make claims of being professionals in how they conduct business as domainers, but most of that etiquette gets lost inside those threads.

i've been around some years now and i know it's possible for such conversations to occur on domain forums, but only if the members hold the "membership" accountable to standards and expectations.

imo...

•••
A single political thread works well. You know what youre getting.

I was talking more about many political threads.
Plus...

What happens in the break room stays in the break room imho.

•••
Adam, what say you?

I think DNF would benefit from change. Mainly offering free service for things like PM access. Perhaps deletion of threads which simply offer links to members "news sites" are in order? It's damn near spam :imho:

•••
Why this thread topic is in the "Industry News" section here at Namepros, is similarly baffling.

•••
Why this thread topic is in the "Industry News" section here at Namepros, is similarly baffling.

It should be in the "who gives a sh!t" section but that doesn't exist yet :p

•••
A lot of domains should be listed in that section.

•••

There's the shoot sh!t section... I would have obligatory link to our content but that's just like spam.

•••
public forums shouldn't feel like a clique. even having 1 or 2 threads specifically designated to politics/religion is probably a bad idea on any forum not related to those topics..

now lets all sit in a circle, sing kumbyeaeh and pass around and nice warm cup of meow mix, ok?

•••
•••
...the desire to even want to use such profanity betrays a certain mental instability and hostility toward women.

DNF was the first forum I ever joined and I still visit it two or three times a year. They definitely lack a moral compass over there in regards to etiquette and decorum. I am just glad that Namepros has more professional standards...

Thank you Freedom, very well put... Agree, I think the morality over there is probably the worst I've seen of any forum.. When you condone bad behavior, you encourage more bad behavior... This is what DNF has been doing for at least the last 4 years, But in Adam's eyes, his moderators are awesome, in my eyes their almost worthless.

Problem #2:

This is not about politics or the P-section, it was closed for a year and the harassment freely continued in other subforums.. The thread that led up to the recent ban had to do with Cybersquatting, which were case examples of how Michael Mann infringes on TradeMarked domains, and were all supposed to remain silent about it for fear of pissing somebody off?

Here's a taste of what I had to put up with another adolescent;

http://pyralink.com/pics/DN101/

The first pic shows a mod actually doing his job, this was pretty much the last time he did, but when I requested them to remove the post and several others, my request went completely ignored and these posts were allowed to stay on the forum for over 1 year, I even contacted Adam directly and asked him to remove them, said he would but didn't, it wasn't until a year later that he asked me to return to the forum and I asked him to remove the posts as a condition, he agreed and finally did.. Should it really be that hard to remove bigotry and hate?

I doubt this kind of crap would be allowed here, and no way the poster would receive a slap on the wrist with a temp ban.

I think you should accept that you pissed off the wrong person and he got you back.

Are you kidding? "Special Day" means that I'm HAPPY to be gone, there is no getting me back, The Troll from DomainGang comes out the loser, he exposed himself for what he really is, Respect is very hard to get back, and he lost plenty of it... I have to admit, I honestly enjoyed putting him in his place, and if I was banned because it, (which I should not of been) it was worth it!

The only thing I'm upset about and the reason I'm posting about it here is the whole injustice of it all, Members who should be banned didn't get banned and the one that shouldn't, did... Looking back, maybe it's a good thing having them there, it will only drive more members to NP, I'm convinced of that.

Why not just leave DNF and use NP as a domaining forum? You'd get more out of it.. People would get more out of it.. You'd make more friends...

Agree 100% and I plan to do just that, And it looks like a lot of my old friends are here too :)

But anyway, you're always welcome here as far as I know. No one gets hurt in any of this that I can tell.

I must say the tone of this forum is noticeably different to that of DNF.. It's refreshing to actually have a discussion with a civil human being who has the capability to respectfully disagree... Thank you.

A lot of domains should be listed in that section.
:lol:

Last edited:
•••
RaiderGirl, as far as that thread and TM's, you are right about all those TM's. They are obvious TM violations. I tried some searches on that site, TM's all over the place. But they were right too, with your tombraider.net domain., that's a TM issue as well. You said:

"And to the troll who doesn't know the difference between "Tomb Raider" in a Archeology sense to that of a Video Game"

But your avatar is that of a video game.

•••
RaiderGirl, as far as that thread and TM's, you are right about all those TM's. They are obvious TM violations. I tried some searches on that site, TM's all over the place. But they were right too, with your tombraider.net domain., that's a TM issue as well. You said:

"And to the troll who doesn't know the difference between "Tomb Raider" in a Archeology sense to that of a Video Game"

But your avatar is that of a video game.

Whether it is or isn't JB, 3 facts remain; I don't monetize on it, I don't have it advertised for sale and the page has been dead for years. .And when I did monetize on it, it was for Egyptian travel.... http://web.archive.org/web/20110109211849/http://tombraider.net/

If only Mann would do the same for GoogleMicrosoft.com, I would have a lot more respect for him.

Last edited:
•••
BFT's domainer related forum postings
NP Nearly 5000Posts over 8 years
DNF 2 Posts over same period

Nuff' said!

•••
•••
I think both forums have advantages as well as disadvantages, and there is room for both precisely because they are so different. Namepros is a friendly place where everyone feels welcome whereas DNF has many more seemingly heavy players. It is my impression that the sales forums are more happening over at DNF, which is a great advantage.

However, so far I have not joined DNF due to:
1) the personal attacks
2) the membership fee

1) is the main reason. Two threads in particular scared me off, the one about Patty S. and then a newbie welcoming thread which turned into a mob fest.

As for PS I understand that many members of DNF feel let down by her, but the way that thread makes fun of her looks, her sexual preferences and physical handicaps is just too much.

And the newbie thread is simply inexplicable. A woman had signed up with the pretty actress Emily VanCamp from the popular TV series 'Revenge' as her avatar with the signature 'the real Emily', obviously playing at the main storyline in the TV series, where the character born as Amanda assumes the fake identity of "Emily". Apparently, the guys over at DNF do not watch Revenge, so initially they thought the avatar was a photo of the newbie and gave her a very warm welcome, referring to her favourable looks. Then, after a while, someone pointed out that it was the image of an actress, and just like that the thread turned into a mob where some of the regular members accused the newbie of having a hidden agenda by impersonating (what they incorrectly claimed to be) an unknown actress. So they started digging up dirt on her and publishing private information about her, her family and address on the forum. Naturally, she left DNF then and there.

Such threads on what appears to be a forum for professionals make domainers as a group look unprofessional and are bound to harm the reputation of the industry. So I think I agree with those who say that DNF could benefit from stricter moderation. However, it's Dicker's forum, and naturally he can do whatever he wants. Just my 2c.

Last edited:
•••
I think both forums have advantages as well as disadvantages, and there is room for both precisely because they are so different. Namepros is a friendly place where everyone feels welcome whereas DNF has many more seemingly heavy players. It is my impression that the sales forums are more happening over at DNF, which is a great advantage.

However, so far I have not joined DNF due to:
1) the personal attacks
2) the membership fee

1) is the main reason. Two threads in particular scared me off, the one about Patty Similien and then a newbie welcoming thread which turned into a mob fest.

As for PS I understand that many members of DNF feel let down by her, but the way that thread makes fun of her looks, her sexual preferences and physical handicaps is just too much.

And the newbie thread is simply inexplicable. A woman had signed up with the pretty actress Emily VanCamp from the popular TV series 'Revenge' as her avatar with the signature 'the real Emily', obviously playing at the main storyline in the TV series, where the character born as Amanda assumes the fake identity of "Emily". Apparently, the guys over at DNF do not watch Revenge, so initially they thought the avatar was a photo of the newbie and gave her a very warm welcome, referring to her favourable looks. Then, after a while, someone pointed out that it was the image of an actress, and just like that the thread turned into a mob where some of the regular members accused the newbie of having a hidden agenda by impersonating (what they incorrectly claimed to be) an unknown actress. So they started digging up dirt on her and publishing private information about her, her family and address on the forum. Naturally, she left DNF then and there.

Such threads on what appears to be a forum for professionals make domainers as a group look unprofessional and are bound to harm the reputation of the industry. So I think I agree with those who say that DNF could benefit from stricter moderation. However, it's Dicker's forum, and naturally he can do whatever he wants. Just my 2c.

good post man.

i remember both those threads... the Patty thread was pathetic because of how long it went on and the way these idiots kept high-fiving each other. we get it, you guys are in the cool domain mafia - word up. :guilty:

the newbie thread you're talking about was hilarious. bunch of wannabe internet investigators. im not against having too much time on ones hands, clearly - but when its used for something petty like that it paints a pretty clear picture of who you are.

•••
Disclaimer: Didn't mean to contribute to any bashing of named persons in this thread. One of the many things I like about NP is that there is so little bashing going on. Obviously people have better things to do here. I would have happily stated my opinion about those two threads over at DNF instead if only they hadn't required me to pay to do so :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back