Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Update -

After much consideration, there has been a change of plans. Since this revaluation has been so troublesome and unpopular, NP$ will be returning as they were pre-upgrade.

Your account balance will be divided by .017 and renamed back to NP$. I will be notifying everyone through forum notices and by email.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
•••
Update -

After much consideration, there has been a change of plans. Since this revaluation has been so troublesome and unpopular, NP$ will be returning as they were pre-upgrade.

Your account balance will be divided by .017 and renamed back to NP$. I will be notifying everyone through forum notices and by email.

I apologize for the inconvenience.
really great!! thanks RJ!

•••
I kind of preferred the USD style so I wouldn't have to use my calculator everytime to see how much my NP$ was worth, but whatever, I can live with NP$ if people start using it more again :)

•••
This is very dissapointing news!

I liked the new way, shame we are going back to the old way.

•••
•••
NP$ gave NamePros that extra little bit of uniqueness and I was sad to see it go. Glad it's coming back, good call RJ :)

•••
its great that we're switching back (i liked it better when NP$ were high numbers, made me feel richer XD), but now i only wish that i hadn't sold the bulk of my NP$ in a rush at a low rate since i didn't know if we'd be able to cash them out once they were converted... =(

•••
•••
Thaz a Very nice decision...!
thanks RJ....

•••
Ahhh Man! No option, so I can see it in USD. Too much math. I like to see $5.00, I know I got $5.00. Now it's too much thinking. I never understood it anyway, I look at a bunch of numbers and say what? Lol. If it's the same conversion rate, allow for an option to view & deal with or without NP. I guess that's probably too hard to set up though. O well.

•••
I'm very happy to see the return of NP$. Thank you RJ :tu:

•••
RJ,
As far as I was concerned it could've stayed the same, used both systems, or gone back to the previous system. Good job with the upgrades and thanks for the amount of effort and attention you pump into this place.

•••
I find the decision to return to the old system to be most welcome.

Good call, RJ. Many thanks,

•••
I will be doing the change back to NP$ today.

•••
RJ,

Congrats on having the courage to go back on a decision you've made. I know this can be tough.

•••
what about domain credits :-/

is that cash balance ?

•••
When would the "NP$ Bank Withdrawal" feature start working?
Currently I can see only 2 option under "Namepoints"
1) To donate NP$
2) Grant Permission

•••
I am very happy to see the old NP$ system back. IMO, it's a system that promotes an active and attractive NamePros economy.

AmCy

•••
No but NamePros was acknowledging that .02 is the "Solid" rate for NP$ during a NP$ to USD transaction. Isn't that what was done, a conversion?

what about domain credits :-/

is that cash balance ?

Domain credits have been discontinued, their balance has been combined with your NP$ balance.

NP$ Exchange will be returning.

Cash balance will be only for funds deposited directly with NamePros. Value will not fluctuate. We're not currently using it yet.

•••
I personally think the $NP system is highly misleading with the way it is now, especially for newbies. When I first came to this forum and saw the $NP money that people have I thought it mean't they were successful domainers, who have been around this forum for years, with their $10,000+ NP dollars. It just comes off as highly misleading to me. I didn't know $1(usd) was only equal to 0.17-0.20 cents. It would be better to stick to your original plan of making it equal to the U.S. dollar, or getting rid of it for good. I really don't see the point of it personally, besides to boost several domainers egos on this forum.

•••
I personally think the $NP system is highly misleading with the way it is now, especially for newbies. When I first came to this forum and saw the $NP money that people have I thought it mean't they were successful domainers, who have been around this forum for years, with their $10,000+ NP dollars. It just comes off as highly misleading to me. I didn't know $1(usd) was only equal to 0.17-0.20 cents. It would be better to stick to your original plan of making it equal to the U.S. dollar, or getting rid of it for good. I really don't see the point of it personally, besides to boost several domainers egos on this forum.

well i feel that trading in NP$ as it was before and now is just great.
if you consider using the dollar rate then whaz the defference.... there is no uniqueness and in addition to it earning np$ from the fantastic np incentives section is dam easy as you require only basic knowledge and you could earn enough NP$ to buy your 1st domain... n thaz how i got my 1st domain...
the change in system made ur np$ transform to n$ and people only traded for 0.03 or so in the incentive area.. and that even looked like small amount to the people who were undertaking the task... even though you had to just bookmark the domain but 0.03$ or so is a very less amount... similarly if you are earning 3NP$ then that makes a lot difference in our thinking... even while selling a domain its qute nice to trade in the current system...
if i m selling a domain and i get 0.03$ for it then that makes me quite uncomfortable but if i m selling it for 5 or 6 nP$ then i dont consider the fact... thaz all is same...(i haven sold domain with np$ yet but i have bought many :) )
same applies for the signature too :)

•••

I would see it in the exact opposite way. I don't think its misleading at all, but even if I had no idea and came here and saw an amount listed under someones names as "10,000 NP$" I would then think that it meant anything but real dollars because otherwise the "NP" wouldn't be there.

•••
I don't know where to buy NP$, I have gone all over the place. Is this answered anywhere in this thread? I really enjoyed the NP$ system because it's a unique and easy to use.

•••
When do we expect NP$ Exchange back?

•••
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask it, as I haven't been around for about 6 months, but whatever happened to the part of the site where a person could post links and nominate an amount of NP$ for clicks on the link?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back