IT.COM

Not sure about IDN's ? Ask yourself These Questions !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
1. Why are Big Registars in on IDN's ?

2. Why does Bill Gates own IDN's ?

3. Why did Adam Dickner aka Dot Com God - Buy 5 thousand of them ?

4. Check the sales threads at djnournal & http://www.idntools.net/idnsales.php

5. Have you REGd a Domain in the last couple of months with a overture over 50k or even 25k or even 10k ?

6. Show me a domain you reged in the last couple of weeks that Gets a 80 dollar Bid on the keyword , ie : 新潟不動産.com NiigataRealEstate.com ¥9,999 = 87.2222 USD Top Bid , maderfact show me one that Gets Half of that $43.50 , I'll answer mesothemioma.com been gone, caught and gone again !

7. Explain to me why so many people think that everybody speaks english ?

When the Fact is

Total number of users with European languages (excluding English): 276 million

Total number of users with Asian languages (excluding English): 241 million

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_internet_usage

8. Tell me if you would type in Japanse to find out the weather in New York if the internet was invented in Japan ? If ICANN and Microsoft were Japanese companies what tune would you be singing ?

9. Then tell me how excited you would be when you find out many years later you can now access domains in English ?

10. Then tell me why people continue to be blind to the fact and insist on Buying ThisDomainIsWorth-RegFee.com instead of atleast looking into IDN's ?

11. Then tell me why people think that they have to do the translations themselves , i guess people never heard of hiring people or outsourcing or the Free IDN tutorial .?

15. Then tell me why google has spent millions to hire coders to change there algorithm to Index IDN's ?

16. Then tell me why there is suddenly a IDN section here ?

17. Then tell me why RJ spent all last night Searching the forums over at IDNF ?

18. * Why are companies using IDN's ?

Try to answer these and then Welcome to the Club :wave:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ben said:
Actually, he added one a while ago. :]
I knew that was gonna get confused. :hehe:

One thing I'd like to know is, when Japanese and Chinese businesses finally realize that all the good to premium IDN .com & .net domains are now sitting as parked pages with English links on them (ie: www.新聞定期購読.net (newspaper subscriptions)), what will they do? Where are the businesses/individuals who can't afford $10,000 USD for a domain going to go? Will they just go reg or purchase their IDN name in .cn or .jp extensions (which are supposed to be protected from outside registrations) or will ICANN be pressured to create special new extensions, so that Japanese/Chinese businesses and individuals can have their internet returned to them.

Maybe I'm being naive?

BTW, abrasive responses to my posts are unwelcome.

Last edited:
•••
briman1970 said:
Where are the businesses/individuals who can't afford $10,000 USD for a domain going to go? Will they just go reg or purchase their IDN name in .cn or .jp extensions (which are supposed to be protected from outside registrations) or will ICANN be pressured to create special new extensions, so that Japanese/Chinese businesses and individuals can have their internet returned to them.

First of all, many top IDNs were in fact registered by Japanese companies.

Second of all, 10K is not a lot of money in Japan, where the average savings of a houshold is above 100K with no debt. Also, to open a business it takes a lot of money, much more than 10K.

Several months ago a Japanese poster on the IDN forum was reporting that he was selling his domains - in person - some for 10K a peice - to end users in Tokyo.

The kind of question you are asking has to do with the nature of all domain investing.

Say you are a poor start-up company in New York. What do you do if you go to register the company name you want to incorporate and you find out that it is taken? What do you do if all the .com's in your line of business are selling for over 100K?

Actually, big businesses have the least to worry about. They simply use their trade names as their domains. And if those are taken, they can get those back very easily through arbitration.

What will they do? They will get non generic domains like the rest of the googles, yahoos, idnpros, and everyone else.

What will they also do? They will buy names. Simple.

The notion that .jp is protected is not correct. You can even register .jp's on non-Japanese registrars.

Last edited:
•••
It is true. Many of the top IDNs are owned by Japanese who are already asking one million + for their IDNs while the Americans want XX,XXX.

This amount is hardly insane as that is how much people spend to open businesses. Also rent can be a few thousand a month so you have to look at the bigger picture.

•••
Good info guys. I didn't realize .jp was unprotected from outside reg. What about the parking link problem? Why do all the Japanese IDNs I visit have parked pages with English ads (including my own at Sedo). Where can you go for parking pages that actually display ads in the language of the IDN?

Thanks for the informative posts.

•••
briman1970 said:
Good info guys. I didn't realize .jp was unprotected from outside reg. What about the parking link problem? Why do all the Japanese IDNs I visit have parked pages with English ads (including my own at Sedo). Where can you go for parking pages that actually display ads in the language of the IDN?

Thanks for the informative posts.

Have you tried visiting them from a Japanese IP?

•••
Ben said:
Have you tried visiting them from a Japanese IP?
Hadn't thought of that and it makes sense. Now I just need to find a friend who lives in Japan!

•••
•••
briman1970 said:
Hadn't thought of that and it makes sense. Now I just need to find a friend who lives in Japan!

Actually if you use Name Drive they have a feature to show you how the Native ads look in the country of your choice , So when im loading in keywords i can click on the Japan link and see what a person in Japan would see

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back