IT.COM

discuss Not able to log into GoDaddy since yesterday

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vickyhunter

Domain SpiderEstablished Member
Impact
Good morning everyone.

I have 2 factor verification enabled at GoDaddy. I never had any issues with it in the past.

Since yesterday, I am not able to receive any text messages from GD to complete verification. My service provider says no issues on their part. Godaddy support say they are good too. The only solution is to cancel my two-step authentication, which is kind of risky and takes upto 3 working days.

Is there anyone who is facing the same issue? I wish GoDaddy had other options like additional numbers or something like Google.

@Joe Styler , can you help ? Thanks.

- V

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The issue has now been resolved. Never found out what went wrong.

•••
I had this issue once several months back and even called tech support. They couldn't figure it out.

After doing some research online I tried powering off my phone, then turning it back on. I once more tried to log in and then the texts came through. The funny thing was that texts were coming through from other people, sources, etc., but not from GD. The research information was not about GD itself, but about not getting certain texts.

Maybe give this a try next time and see if it works for you.

•••
I think the issue you experienced was not with Godaddy nor with your Mobile provider.

Looking at your mobile device, sometimes a signal seems to be present, but actually is not active- your connection is somewhat "dormant". A simple restart of the mobile device will ensure (or force) that the signal is picked up correctly. This could happen based on your location- and will affect text messages, calls, and sometimes the internet connectivity of the device.

I noted this when I travel for hours on the road, and when I am different locations, etc.

•••
I had the exact same problem yesterday as well. When I phoned Godaddy support they never said to me that they were experiencing a problem and suggested that I disable my 2FA by using a link they would send me via email - The process would take 72hours... I was not keen on that either and I decided to wait it out rather. I see this morning it is working perfectly fine. - My only gripe is why the support guys couldn't advise us accordingly... they could have suggested that we wait it out for a few hours or a day... just in case it was an issue with the cell phone network provider BUT they didn't, instead they suggested the risky option of turning off the 2FA

•••
I think the issue you experienced was not with Godaddy nor with your Mobile provider.

Looking at your mobile device, sometimes a signal seems to be present, but actually is not active- your connection is somewhat "dormant". A simple restart of the mobile device will ensure (or force) that the signal is picked up correctly. This could happen based on your location- and will affect text messages, calls, and sometimes the internet connectivity of the device.

I noted this when I travel for hours on the road, and when I am different locations, etc.

I can assure you I did restart the mobile twice. I was getting texts from other numbers and services except GD.

•••
I had the exact same problem yesterday as well. When I phoned Godaddy support they never said to me that they were experiencing a problem and suggested that I disable my 2FA by using a link they would send me via email - The process would take 72hours... I was not keen on that either and I decided to wait it out rather. I see this morning it is working perfectly fine. - My only gripe is why the support guys couldn't advise us accordingly... they could have suggested that we wait it out for a few hours or a day... just in case it was an issue with the cell phone network provider BUT they didn't, instead they suggested the risky option of turning off the 2FA

Ditto!

•••
Encountering this issue since yesterday. Never had a problem till date.

A simple fail safe I can think of. At worst, a break fix.

When a person opts for 2FA in addition to the one time 6 digit authentication code,
  • Provide a 10 digit limited use authentication code at the time of registering for the 2FA
  • Limit the usage of this 10 digit access to say 5 times or so.
  • If we inadvertently get locked out of our accounts, then we can use the 10 digit access code provided initially, to do basic housekeeping of our accounts.
  • Meantime, we can wait out the issue, work with support, troubleshoot etc. to find a resolution
  • This way basic needs of renewing and registering and maintaining the products are met.

•••
i think thats a good idea mate....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back