Dynadot

discuss Non payer of $50,000 at GoDaddy.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Vatsal Patel

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

Someone purchased my domain listed at GoDaddy for $50,000 on 21st May 2018. I got emails from GoDaddy and Escrow about this purchase. I cannot disclose the domain name. Today its 22nd June around 31 days from the buyer purchased my domain. I talked to GoDaddy about payment but they told we provide 30days to the buyer for making payment. But buyer didn't pay any amount. I emailed twice to the buyer from GoDaddy but I didn't get any reply.

I would like to know what should I do now?

Can anyone suggest me?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Godaddy will not force buyers to pay. Continue to send reminders. Good luck

•••
•••
I would cancel it and put it back up for sale. Doesn't look like a legit buyer, if they happen to be, they'll come back.

•••
the domain is still in Sold section. So what should I do now? Should I wait for GoDaddy to say that you can relist the domain? Do they provide buyer's email id or any detail if the transaction is canceled?

•••
if premium liquid name sold high,u have more chance to get paid

for other names etc, the bigger the sale price the less chance to get paid

there is nothing u can do to get paid..nor gd

u wait 30 day, they cancel and u relist

i assume yer name was non liquid non premium...u have to remember it is beyond rare and hard to sell such names for 50k...so sadly odds for completion were never in yer favor

by premium liquidish stuff i mean things like 3l.com...good 1worders...etc etc.. the usual all day long value names..vs stuff we reg or get cheap on expired etc...getting 50k sales on those is beyond rare

Last edited:
•••
the domain is still in Sold section. So what should I do now? Should I wait for GoDaddy to say that you can relist the domain? Do they provide buyer's email id or any detail if the transaction is canceled?

I had one of those type of deals recently and just had them cancel it and relisted it. My rep did it, so I don't know if you have one or how good they are going the regular route.

•••

u only can email buyer if he pays

gd waits max 30-32 days for buyer

but seller can request cancel by day 16 if no pay

email them to cancel sale or wait few more days
then relist

gl

Last edited:
•••
Relist with double amount , Buyer will get good lesson .

•••
Thanks all for your view on this. I am surely going to relist it.
My question is do they provide buyer's detail so that we can know who was behind this?

•••
My question is do they provide buyer's detail so that we can know who was behind this?

I've never gotten if from GoDaddy, but Sedo gives it up on those that don't pay.

•••
I've never gotten if from GoDaddy, but Sedo gives it up on those that don't pay.

u got buyer info on unpaid failed sedo sales? how?

•••
u got buyer info on unpaid failed sedo sales? how?

Just by asking, think it's part of the contract, here is the last time:

Sedo
"Despite numerous reminders and warnings sent to the buyer, he did not make the payment.
Sedo will therefore not proceed with the transaction at this point.

Since the buyer has failed to fulfill his part of the contract, you may take legal action against him. His contact data are now available in your Sedo contract."

Me
"I prefer to cancel at this point. Would you happen to have name/address of this person?"

Then they give it to me. So if you have non-payers at Sedo, you can get their info.

Then I just contact Pauli.

Last edited:
•••
I believe they are required to provide you with this information; in any case, if you request it they should provide it to you (at a minimum you should have the "buyer's" email address).

•••
Happened many times to me...you get non-paying buyers all the time...just move on

•••
send reminders. Good luck

•••
Seems like the buyer just wanted to 'feel rich', therefore clicked on the $50,000 'Buy Now' button.

•••
•••
There used to be a website called c***scorner, don't know if it still exists....a bit apprehensive of typing it in :ROFL: - basically it named and shamed unscrupulous businesses, cold callers, nuisance callers etc

There should be a section on NPs for non payers! Name and shame the time wasters and con artists. Not sure they'd get away with calling it by the same name though :xf.wink:

•••
Dont do anything until recieve an email from godaddy inform you that the payment has been recieved . Then should start the transfer process.

•••
There is a 95% probability he is a non-payer and a 5 % probability he might pay.

Hence, be patient and wait till GD updates you within the given time frame. Beyond the timeframe, contact them to check for an update

•••
GoDaddy told to relist the domain.

•••
A bit offtopic but anyone knows how long Undeveloped will try to get in touch with a buyer? I'm waiting on a payment after we agreed on a price after negotions. I don't mind to cancel the whole thing but listing it again would be great as I get the occasional offer for the domain.

•••

They do not provide details of the buyer but you can try asking your Account Manager about it. Got to have some good business relations to get that sort of info out of them.

if it doesnt work for you, let me know and I'll try and get it from you from my Account Manager ;)

Good luck for next time!

•••
@Joe Styler can u clarify if its possible to get info about buyers who fail to pay? ty

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back