NameSilo

discuss Non payer of $50,000 at GoDaddy.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Vatsal Patel

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

Someone purchased my domain listed at GoDaddy for $50,000 on 21st May 2018. I got emails from GoDaddy and Escrow about this purchase. I cannot disclose the domain name. Today its 22nd June around 31 days from the buyer purchased my domain. I talked to GoDaddy about payment but they told we provide 30days to the buyer for making payment. But buyer didn't pay any amount. I emailed twice to the buyer from GoDaddy but I didn't get any reply.

I would like to know what should I do now?

Can anyone suggest me?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is not. We don't give out any customer information. You can email the customers who fail to pay via the link inside your auction account under the sold section. We provide a way to contact the buyer via that email link.

•••
It is not. We don't give out any customer information. You can email the customers who fail to pay via the link inside your auction account under the sold section. We provide a way to contact the buyer via that email link.

thats oxymoron
for that link only sh0ws if and when they pay

•••
I had one of those type of deals recently and just had them cancel it and relisted it. My rep did it, so I don't know if you have one or how good they are going the regular route.
Has happened to me 4 times this month.. lost over $3000

•••
And although I have no idea what happened here I can say that overall most buyers want to buy domains when they click on the link to bid or buy.
When we see issues it is typically someone who made a mistake. They don't speak English well and the site isn't in their language and they don't understand that $50,000 is USD and not say Indonesian Rupiah which is like $3. That is the most common thing that happens, different country and a misunderstanding.
Sometimes it is a compromised account, someone gets their email hacked or password compromised somehow and then a third party tries to
thats oxymoron
for that link only sh0ws if and when they pay
Yes that is true on lower dollar sales. On a $50k sale the sale should hit escrow.com which would make the buyer "pay" $0 to get the info over to escrow where they complete the payment. I may be wrong but I think it does show up in that case. I'd have to go look.

•••
Yes that is true on lower dollar sales. On a $50k sale the sale should hit escrow.com which would make the buyer "pay" $0 to get the info over to escrow where they complete the payment. I may be wrong but I think it does show up in that case. I'd have to go look.

ok thanks. in either case, most of us do not have 50k+ sales.. so me I was just saying that you have a rule in place whereby the email link never even appears in sold section unless and until buyer pays. therefore given this, and given what you said that gd does not provide contact info on unpaid sales, I suppose this concludes the discussion as to whether it is possible to contact buyer on unpaid sales and/or obtain his info. thanks as always!

•••
I would send them a message every 30 to 60 minutes until they respond. There's no risk in doing this.

Since your goal is to at least get some type of response from this person, make it easy for them to back out of the deal by saying something like "It's okay if you changed your mind, but until I know for sure, I'm assuming that the email reminders for this domain deal are getting drowned out by other messages ...this happens to me all the time. Luckily, you're working with the worlds most relentless domainer/broker!

My assistant knows that the majority of our domains are being purchased by a broker for a client and how important a deal of this size is so she's making it her top priority to make sure we don't let you down. If you get half the spam that I get, then she knows what she's up against and for a deal of this size and importance, I told her to send you a message every 5 minutes if she has to. This method usually works, I'm just hoping we reach you in time for your client's objectives.

If something on your end has changed and you no longer need this domain, that's no problem, just reply with "pass or cancelled" etc. so we can stop worrying.

And don't worry, on our end this domain is already secured for you so even if you're a little late, you don't have to worry about it getting sold to someone else.

Who knows if this will work, but this is what I would do because what other option is there?

I don't understand why someone would waste their time doing something like this to someone....what's so fun about making a fake purchase from a stranger you'll never meet in your life.

•••
I would send them a message every 30 to 60 minutes until they respond. There's no risk in doing this.

Since your goal is to at least get some type of response from this person, make it easy for them to back out of the deal by saying something like "It's okay if you changed your mind, but until I know for sure, I'm assuming that the email reminders for this domain deal are getting drowned out by other messages ...this happens to me all the time. Luckily, you're working with the worlds most relentless domainer/broker!

My assistant knows that the majority of our domains are being purchased by a broker for a client and how important a deal of this size is so she's making it her top priority to make sure we don't let you down. If you get half the spam that I get, then she knows what she's up against and for a deal of this size and importance, I told her to send you a message every 5 minutes if she has to. This method usually works, I'm just hoping we reach you in time for your client's objectives.

If something on your end has changed and you no longer need this domain, that's no problem, just reply with "pass or cancelled" etc. so we can stop worrying.

And don't worry, on our end this domain is already secured for you so even if you're a little late, you don't have to worry about it getting sold to someone else.

Who knows if this will work, but this is what I would do because what other option is there?

I don't understand why someone would waste their time doing something like this to someone....what's so fun about making a fake purchase from a stranger you'll never meet in your life.

u do realize this whole thread is about seller not havin way to contact buyer at all

•••
Someone made joke on you, as 99% listed domains at Godaddy and other marketplaces is junk.

•••
I do not understand why companies do not provide contact details of non-payers, particularly prominent companies as we have in this case.
Both Sedo & Undeveloped provide details of non payers and personally I prefer to name and shame before I move on, far too many of these time wasters around.

•••
u do realize this whole thread is about seller not havin way to contact buyer at all

"I emailed twice to the buyer from GoDaddy but I didn't get any reply."

From this sentence, I assumed there was an ebaylike messaging system that you could use to contact the other party. I guess I interpreted this incorrectly.

•••
"I emailed twice to the buyer from GoDaddy but I didn't get any reply."

From this sentence, I assumed there was an ebaylike messaging system that you could use to contact the other party. I guess I interpreted this incorrectly.

or I did. then in the next post he goes on to ask if gd provides email ID for buyer.

I guess there is some languages issues here.

unless like Joe said, for 50k+ deals, he gets the buyer email link in sold section even without payment. otherwise, that link never appears for sales which are not paid for.

cheers

•••
Do "customers" that do not pay get banned from the platform?

•••
Keep Calm and Move on!

In March, I have an agreement with a buyer and the transaction was made through Escrow.com for a 4L .com at 60,000 USD but finally they said that they didn't have enough money and the transaction has been cancelled.

•••
The same to me. In May, I have 2 transactions but they are all canceled. One is $3k, the buyer canceled the transaction and take the money back from escrow. One is $20k, the buyer didn't magane to get enough money to pay.

•••
Do "customers" that do not pay get banned from the platform?
Yes we take action against any non payers.

•••
•••
Sometimes people do but mainly we are able to stop that. I don't really want to go in to how we police that as I don't want people to try and work around it.

•••
Sometimes people do but mainly we are able to stop that. I don't really want to go in to how we police that as I don't want people to try and work around it.

well banning their name...ip...address... fone ..even credit cards..etc... and its essentially game over...unless they dont mind owning names under their friends names...credit cards..ip..etc

sounds easy to me to keep most people banned...but u do well to keep it secret

ty

•••
I do not understand why companies do not provide contact details of non-payers, particularly prominent companies as we have in this case.
Both Sedo & Undeveloped provide details of non payers and personally I prefer to name and shame before I move on, far too many of these time wasters around.
GDPR?

•••
not to beat a dead horse...but these time wasting buyers must not be a significant source of frustration in the industry because it seems like the problem could be easily eliminated by any company by simply requiring the buyer to make a small non refundable deposit of even $50 or 100 which goes to the seller in the event you can't complete the transaction. I think this would take care of the problem but even if it doesn't, it's not a bad deal for the seller since the domain was just parked anyway. Basically a "thank you for taking the domain off the market while I do my research so I don't have to worry about someone else buying it"

The reality is that for a large purchase, everyone knows exactly how much money they can spend, so they're just buying time while they do their research. The middleman system would need to implement a messaging system that protects their commission interest, but it's beyond me why they wouldn't just tell the seller the truth or better yet, just ask the seller "Would you do me a favor and take the domain off the market for a day or two while I do some last minute research? I really like the name, but I want to do some due diligence before pulling the trigger since this is a large purchase." What seller is going to say "No, fu(k off" Come on people, where's the common sense....

The industry is still in it's infancy so I'm sure all these things will get ironed out eventually.

•••
How many times do you hit the add to chart button on e-commerce websites like Amazon? Or even go to the step of paying and stop? Or how many times to you add new domains to be registered and not pay?

•••
How many times do you hit the add to chart button on e-commerce websites like Amazon? Or even go to the step of paying and stop? Or how many times to you add new domains to be registered and not pay?
Pretty sure this isn't the same thing.

They went from add to cart to checkout completed.

U can't be at this stage unless you finish checkout, rite?
Cuz then it wud b stupid to habe every domain u add to cart show up as sold on the seller's end.

•••
How can a checkout be completed if thr payment is not made?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back