Dynadot

question GoDaddy sale process time?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

nomen

Top Member
Impact
Does anyone know how long it takes from buyer purchasing a domain through Godaddy registration path to me getting notified about it?

A buyer bought a domain and immediatelly initiated a transfer and emailed about it to me. I have no reason to believe that he didn't pay for the domain but it's just that I haven't yet received a purchase confirmation email from Afternic.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Afternic will give you the all clear and handle payment and domain transfers. You push the domain to their holding account and they'll push it to the buyer once they confirm the money is in order - then they'll release it to your account in ~2-5 days.

Generally they're quick to notify you - assuming your buyer did infact buy the domain - so you may want to check your spam boxes just to be sure. You could also login to your afternic account. You'll have a few PMs in your inbox, most likely from "apollo" which is the account they use internally.

•••
It takes 1-2 days for Afternic to notify you that a sale has happened. As said above, you do not transfer the domain directly to the buyer! Afternic takes the domain from your account if you have signed for fast transfer, or otherwise they instruct you to transfer your domain to Afternic Escrow.

•••
Thanks for replies. But yeah, I'm more than familiar with the Afternic process, and certainly will not transfer the domain directly to buyer... He's just anxious to get the name and I try to calm him down with some timelines...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back