Dynadot

discuss Non payer of $50,000 at GoDaddy.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Vatsal Patel

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

Someone purchased my domain listed at GoDaddy for $50,000 on 21st May 2018. I got emails from GoDaddy and Escrow about this purchase. I cannot disclose the domain name. Today its 22nd June around 31 days from the buyer purchased my domain. I talked to GoDaddy about payment but they told we provide 30days to the buyer for making payment. But buyer didn't pay any amount. I emailed twice to the buyer from GoDaddy but I didn't get any reply.

I would like to know what should I do now?

Can anyone suggest me?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Godaddy will not force buyers to pay. Continue to send reminders. Good luck

•••
the domain is still in Sold section. So what should I do now? Should I wait for GoDaddy to say that you can relist the domain? Do they provide buyer's email id or any detail if the transaction is canceled?

u only can email buyer if he pays

gd waits max 30-32 days for buyer

but seller can request cancel by day 16 if no pay

email them to cancel sale or wait few more days
then relist

gl

Last edited:
•••
I would cancel it and put it back up for sale. Doesn't look like a legit buyer, if they happen to be, they'll come back.

•••
Relist with double amount , Buyer will get good lesson .

•••
•••
Keep Calm and Move on!

In March, I have an agreement with a buyer and the transaction was made through Escrow.com for a 4L .com at 60,000 USD but finally they said that they didn't have enough money and the transaction has been cancelled.

•••
•••
the domain is still in Sold section. So what should I do now? Should I wait for GoDaddy to say that you can relist the domain? Do they provide buyer's email id or any detail if the transaction is canceled?

I had one of those type of deals recently and just had them cancel it and relisted it. My rep did it, so I don't know if you have one or how good they are going the regular route.

•••
if premium liquid name sold high,u have more chance to get paid

for other names etc, the bigger the sale price the less chance to get paid

there is nothing u can do to get paid..nor gd

u wait 30 day, they cancel and u relist

i assume yer name was non liquid non premium...u have to remember it is beyond rare and hard to sell such names for 50k...so sadly odds for completion were never in yer favor

by premium liquidish stuff i mean things like 3l.com...good 1worders...etc etc.. the usual all day long value names..vs stuff we reg or get cheap on expired etc...getting 50k sales on those is beyond rare

Last edited:
•••
Thanks all for your view on this. I am surely going to relist it.
My question is do they provide buyer's detail so that we can know who was behind this?

I've never gotten if from GoDaddy, but Sedo gives it up on those that don't pay.

•••
u got buyer info on unpaid failed sedo sales? how?

Just by asking, think it's part of the contract, here is the last time:

Sedo
"Despite numerous reminders and warnings sent to the buyer, he did not make the payment.
Sedo will therefore not proceed with the transaction at this point.

Since the buyer has failed to fulfill his part of the contract, you may take legal action against him. His contact data are now available in your Sedo contract."

Me
"I prefer to cancel at this point. Would you happen to have name/address of this person?"

Then they give it to me. So if you have non-payers at Sedo, you can get their info.

Then I just contact Pauli.

Last edited:
•••
Seems like the buyer just wanted to 'feel rich', therefore clicked on the $50,000 'Buy Now' button.

•••
My question is do they provide buyer's detail so that we can know who was behind this?

•••
Happened many times to me...you get non-paying buyers all the time...just move on

•••
There used to be a website called c***scorner, don't know if it still exists....a bit apprehensive of typing it in :ROFL: - basically it named and shamed unscrupulous businesses, cold callers, nuisance callers etc

There should be a section on NPs for non payers! Name and shame the time wasters and con artists. Not sure they'd get away with calling it by the same name though :xf.wink:

•••
It is not. We don't give out any customer information. You can email the customers who fail to pay via the link inside your auction account under the sold section. We provide a way to contact the buyer via that email link.

•••
Yes that is true on lower dollar sales. On a $50k sale the sale should hit escrow.com which would make the buyer "pay" $0 to get the info over to escrow where they complete the payment. I may be wrong but I think it does show up in that case. I'd have to go look.

ok thanks. in either case, most of us do not have 50k+ sales.. so me I was just saying that you have a rule in place whereby the email link never even appears in sold section unless and until buyer pays. therefore given this, and given what you said that gd does not provide contact info on unpaid sales, I suppose this concludes the discussion as to whether it is possible to contact buyer on unpaid sales and/or obtain his info. thanks as always!

•••
I do not understand why companies do not provide contact details of non-payers, particularly prominent companies as we have in this case.
Both Sedo & Undeveloped provide details of non payers and personally I prefer to name and shame before I move on, far too many of these time wasters around.

•••
"I emailed twice to the buyer from GoDaddy but I didn't get any reply."

From this sentence, I assumed there was an ebaylike messaging system that you could use to contact the other party. I guess I interpreted this incorrectly.

or I did. then in the next post he goes on to ask if gd provides email ID for buyer.

I guess there is some languages issues here.

unless like Joe said, for 50k+ deals, he gets the buyer email link in sold section even without payment. otherwise, that link never appears for sales which are not paid for.

cheers

•••
Sometimes people do but mainly we are able to stop that. I don't really want to go in to how we police that as I don't want people to try and work around it.

•••

•••
I've never gotten if from GoDaddy, but Sedo gives it up on those that don't pay.

u got buyer info on unpaid failed sedo sales? how?

•••
I believe they are required to provide you with this information; in any case, if you request it they should provide it to you (at a minimum you should have the "buyer's" email address).

•••
send reminders. Good luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back