IT.COM

discuss No page views on Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Laguna

Top Member
Impact
Hi guys, I read about guys getting hundreds or thousands of page visits a month. I have 160 domain names and lucky if I get one page visit a week. Does this mean they are all bad ? Surely not all of them grrrrr. What's the average visits per week per hundred names ? I know it varies depending on the names but surely one visit a week is not the norm .
Thanks for reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I will save you the concern and let you delete the thread if you want, out of 600 names I acquired in past 4 months, 400 are what I now understand to be garbage, those get 1-2 views a month. the other 200 are a mix of either my smarter reg's the past month, and or the 5L pronounceable, and 5L dbl abbreviations which I was lucky to have worked on in the beginning.

•••
I will save you the concern and let you delete the thread if you want, out of 600 names I acquired in past 4 months, 400 are what I now understand to be garbage, those get 1-2 views a month. the other 200 are a mix of either my smarter reg's the past month, and or the 5L pronounceable, and 5L dbl abbreviations which I was lucky to have worked on in the beginning.
Thanks bud, noted

•••
Anyone give me an example of what kinda domains receive thousands of visitors a month

•••
I have maybe 30 domains for sale. One of them averages about 15 visits a day (and is a .net) and I've never had an offer on it.

Another (which is a .com) got maybe 1 visit a month if that and I sold it last week for $1700 so the amount of views or visits isn't always a sign of whether it will sell or if it's a good name. In fact every name I've sold over $1K has probably only averaged 1 or 2 visits a month.

Sure people might still type ultra premium domain names straight into the search bar and if your name has lots of healthy backlinks you might get passing traffic but in the age of Google people just search a term and click to one of the top results.

•••
I have maybe 30 domains for sale. One of them averages about 15 visits a day (and is a .net) and I've never had an offer on it.

Another (which is a .com) got maybe 1 visit a month if that and I sold it last week for $1700 so the amount of views or visits isn't always a sign of whether it will sell or if it's a good name. In fact every name I've sold over $1K has probably only averaged 1 or 2 visits a month.

Sure people might still type ultra premium domain names straight into the search bar and if your name has lots of healthy backlinks you might get passing traffic but in the age of Google people just search a term and click to one of the top results.
That's encouraging to know. Thanks bud

•••
I only have about 300 names at sedo one is parked you can see the difference between the parked domain and the rest

But this is normally what it looks like for me sometimes theres alot more
Screenshot_20181218-163028_Samsung Internet.jpg

•••
Here is mine, I own a few hundred that are at Sedo (I don't think any are parked except 1 and it was recent so no changes yet.) The top one I don't think I own anymore (expired and I need to remove) and it's not parked or redirected to Sedo so not sure why the traffic is so high. Second one is a typo domain. The rest are a mix of 4Ls and others, some of which have thousands of views elsewhere like Brandpa. These are just for December.

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 4.35.49 PM.png

•••
O i assumed he had all of them parked, my bad. thanks for the additional insight folks.

•••
Yes, the domains must be parked at Sedo...

If they are not parked - then pageviews depend on really good names which can be interesting for Sedo users... Almost all of them are just another domainers like you.

Last edited:
•••
The problem with parking with Sedo is if the visitor is using an ad-blocker they'll see a mostly blank page.
And you'll lose sales and any revenue anyway.

•••
You may use ParkingCrew to park your domains...
And Sedo/Afternic listings are fully supported by PC.

•••
They were all parked at sedo untill last week. Now I only have about 30 parked with sedo and the rest now with afternic

•••
Try parking them at Bodis, you will get more accurate and "real" results than from Afternic or Seod, etc. I'm only talking parking visit and making a few bucks on parking - not domain sales.

people will argue that other parking providers are better - maybe they are, I just find Bodis very easy to work with and a good traffic tool. So easy to get reports and drill down. good luck, Brian

•••
Try parking them at Bodis, you will get more accurate and "real" results than from Afternic or Seod, etc. I'm only talking parking visit and making a few bucks on parking - not domain sales.

people will argue that other parking providers are better - maybe they are, I just find Bodis very easy to work with and a good traffic tool. So easy to get reports and drill down. good luck, Brian

The problem with parking with Bodis is if the visitor is using an ad-blocker they'll see a mostly blank page.
And you'll lose sales and any revenue anyway.

•••
@creataweb I use it mostly to see the # of unique visitors - part of my process of evaluating, classing, and pricing my names.

I am mostly into brandables - so more times than not it's not a money making name (for parking purposes) - but I do get a good idea how may people are going to that name. Some names suprize me - all the time - they usually get left for long term parking as they have enough traffic.

Does that make sense? Serious question - you give tons of good advice, curious if my process makes sense to you?

thanks Brian

•••
@creataweb I use it mostly to see the # of unique visitors - part of my process of evaluating, classing, and pricing my names.

I am mostly into brandables - so more times than not it's not a money making name (for parking purposes) - but I do get a good idea how may people are going to that name. Some names suprize me - all the time - they usually get left for long term parking as they have enough traffic.

Does that make sense? Serious question - you give tons of good advice, curious if my process makes sense to you?

thanks Brian

yes. Also could do a custom lander with GA on it too (for those interested it's a good option to see traffic.)

•••
The problem with parking with Bodis is if the visitor is using an ad-blocker they'll see a mostly blank page.
Did you test Bodis using adblocker?
At least at ParkingCrew - no any problems... ads will disappear but Contact/Sales link remains...

•••
Yeah, I do that for some - mostly names I have dev plans for. Kind of keep them away from the general pack.

Between getting names into Afternic, Sedo, Uni, Flippa, BrandBucket, BrandPa, namerific, etc. I just find it so much quicker to throw them on Bodis - copy past thousands at once - point NS and done.

There are just way too many manual steps to get names listed, at the essential markets. Blow so many hours a week on stuff like this hahaha.

•••
Did you test Bodis using adblocker?
At least at ParkingCrew - no any problems... ads will disappear but Contact/Sales link remains...

I sure did. It's 100% blocked for me.

•••
Strangely...
If I recall correctly - @TroyBodis said in Bodis thread that it should be autoredirected to Inquiry page in case of adblocker...

•••
Strangely...
If I recall correctly - @TroyBodis said in Bodis thread that it should be autoredirected to Inquiry page in case of adblocker...

Not for me at least. I tested all the combos and all were blocked. I use uBlock Origin atm.

•••
OK, thanks...
If you have 1 minute - please also push "Feedback" button at Bodis and submit your experience regarding adblockers...

•••
•••
For example, from Ukraine I can open Afternic only via VPNs like Browsec OR various proxies... no any other way.

•••
Back