Dynadot

nGTLD's valuations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is there something like Estibot for the nGTLD's?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think you can valuate ngtlds with Estibot too.
And Valuate.com

Last edited:
•••
Can anyone else confirm this?

•••
@stub

Estibot valuates new TLD's but they're all over the place. If you're a member, they don't have it listed, all one needs to do is request them to add it.

•••
@mad409 - Does that include all nGTLD's?

•••
The question is: valuate against what ? If there isn't at least a meaningful history of sales, you're appraising out of thin air.

•••
What estibot (and domainindex) do is, they try to combine -if possible- the left 'dot' keyword terms with the right 'dot'.
So, 3dsports.live will be evaluated as 3d sports live and not 3d sports with the '.live' as extension

that doesn't work for every keyword term though (eg. like .click)

•••
The question is: valuate against what ? If there isn't at least a meaningful history of sales, you're appraising out of thin air.

I agree with this. But this thread is making no claims about the viability of the results :)

•••
What estibot (and domainindex) do is, they try to combine -if possible- the left 'dot' keyword terms with the right 'dot'.
So, 3dsports.live will be evaluated as 3d sports live and not 3d sports with the '.live' as extension

that doesn't work for every keyword term though (eg. like .click)

That is presumably only for those nGTLD's that they don't know about (is that all of them?). Because this is not how they evaluate .com, or other known TLD's for example. I think in the case you quoted (3dsports.live), it is quite reasonable to evaluate the left and right of the dot together. That is generally how you would read the domain, eg Housing.Market.

•••
...That is generally how you would read the domain, eg Housing.Market.

That is the problem imo with the ngtlds, everyone treats the right of the dot as part of the keyword itself whereas it should be treated as an extension...as a category if you like like the older gtlds.

but you're right, they do evaluate differently some ngtlds from others (ie without including the right of the dot)

Things are very unclear with the ngtlds, I believe they need time so everything gets 'synced' with them.
We still have tools that don't know how to treat them (like the evaluation tools), people that don't even know about them, sometimes even browsers get confused by them, etc. etc.

•••
Just because all the old TLD's are split between keyword.extension doesn't mean these nGTLD's cannot be split keyword.keyword instead. IMHO. But I understand where you are coming from.

•••
Try this valuation method with a new TLD. Type the domain's keywords into Google (for shorter meaningless TLDs like XYZ, just use the keyword left of the dot, but for longer TLDs like .Condos or .Agency, include both keywords - might seem unfair but noone is searching for keyword XYZ) and note any end users on the first several pages. Also consider end users in the first several pages of Bing, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube using the domain's keywords. Touch base with those end users saying the domain is available and you are seeking offers. It only takes one buyer to make a sale but if no reasonable end user has any interest in your new TLD, then you have two options, try to sell it to investors on Namepros (who will probably value it at far less than you thought it was worth) or wait ten years and see if new TLDs gain acceptance in the next decade.

•••
The market is still adjusting. Presently, gtld names have very low liquid values compared to .com. If you believe in the new names, this is the time to be accumulating the best names as cheaply as possible, not selling.

•••
The market is still adjusting. Presently, gtld names have very low liquid values compared to .com. If you believe in the new names, this is the time to be accumulating the best names as cheaply as possible, not selling.

Yep. But the 10 years of renewals is going to burn through your cash.

•••
I agree with this. But this thread is making no claims about the viability of the results :)

I'm not sure what you're searching for? Estibot will value a domain, new extensions too and of course .com etc.. I use the site but it's all over the map and even .coms that don't show value within their system sell high.

There isn't a science to pricing a domain, or what it's worth, only what someone will pay for it. There will never be a valuation system for any domain, extension that works. It's just like how a weather person can't predict the weather most of the time. Looks at the tools they have! :)

Last edited:
•••
The ultimate valuation is only one: SALES
Don't waste your money to all these appraisal scams. Try to improve your names quality.

•••
And when i am saying scams i mean an sub-industry behind domain industry, that steals the bucks of the rookies, who want to ''pay to win''. Unfortunately, domaining is not (usually) this kind of game. You need to study, search and keep improving to succeed. Not so easy ha?

•••
Yep. But the 10 years of renewals is going to burn through your cash.
In 8 years, assuming I don't buy or sell any names between now and then, I'll have 40k in about 400 names. Not a large investment from my perspective.

I think 8 years from now more businesses will be online and existing businesses will own more names, not less. I think the best extensions have already been released, except for dot web. I also think awareness of the gtld's will only go up as brands begin to use their new dot brand strings.

As with any investment, the potential is there to lose money but I like my odds.

•••
In 8 years, assuming I don't buy or sell any names between now and then, I'll have 40k in about 400 names. Not a large investment from my perspective.

I think 8 years from now more businesses will be online and existing businesses will own more names, not less. I think the best extensions have already been released, except for dot web. I also think awareness of the gtld's will only go up as brands begin to use their new dot brand strings.

As with any investment, the potential is there to lose money but I like my odds.

I think it obviously depends on your domains and which nGTLD's. I wish you all the best and hope you succeed.

•••
I really like Estibot for collecting and comparing statistics like search volume, CPC etc (also for new gTLDs). But as a valuation tool?! Not really...

•••
@kohsamui - I agree that the other stuff Estibot provides is quite useful. It's domain name stripper, I use daily. It's the most stable domain name stripper I've ever used. So what valuation tool do you like best?

•••
Back on topic. I'm never really sure when using Estibot to value nGLTD's, whether the value they come up with is actually valuing the nGTLD I'm asking it about.

•••
@kohsamui - I agree that the other stuff Estibot provides is quite useful. It's domain name stripper, I use daily. It's the most stable domain name stripper I've ever used. So what valuation tool do you like best?

Actually, I like Estibot the best, but you obviously have to use it with some common sense. Many categories of domains will be overvalued, while some good domains (with sales potential) will get a zero dollar valuation. However, domainers who have been tracking sales for a few years (or more) can probably adjust these results by themselves.

For new gTLDs, I think it's impossible to set up a good valuation tool yet. The number of data is still too limited to create the necessary algorithms. Maybe Google will make one five years from now, or so?!

•••
Unfortunately I would not trust publicly-reported sales from the new TLD registries as a gauge of value in that extension. While there are a few rare individuals who are generating positive cash flow from new TLDs, I believe the vast majority of new TLD participants are going to be very disappointed five years from now.

•••
Estibot can not parse correctly some new gTLDs from my experience, but overall it is very useful tool. I have run thousands of new gTLDs over it, and it can really show you some interesting points which otherwise you might miss. It can not handle correctly few domain types, especially .VIP domains, where it does not really recognize value of some very premium .VIP domain names. But I am sure it will improve as time will go.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back