Dynadot

question Dropping nGTLD's

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Where is the best place to search and/or buy dropping nGTLD's?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
just a couple of days ago I received a $800 offer for a non-premium ngtld I own

with all respect Adam, I think this anti-ngtld crusade needs to stop at some point

•••
Sold over 100k in gtlds in last 12 months

•••
sold over 100k in 2 yrs
and my portfolio is not even that big
haters always hate..

•••
just a couple of days ago I received a $800 offer for a non-premium ngtld I own

with all respect Adam, I think this anti-ngtld crusade needs to stop at some point

It's a shame indeed that this part of the forum has no moderation. It causes people to stop exchanging good information and some people go to alternative forums where they don't need to see their threads polluted. I sometimes come back to take a look here but looks like not much changed. I see a large group of people trying to communicate here and the same fraction which keeps spamming their anti-ngtld posts over and over with a few modifications in many of the threads here :(

PS: Maybe more people should start to use the "REPORT" link if a post is abusive.

Last edited:
•••
It's a shame indeed that this part of the forum has no moderation. It causes people to stop exchanging good information and some people go to alternative forums where they don't need to see their threads polluted. I sometimes come back to take a look here but looks like not much changed. I see a large group of people trying to communicate here and the same fraction which keeps spamming their anti-ngtld posts over and over with a few modifications in many of the threads here :(

I know what you're saying but an opinion should be freely expressed. That shouldn't be moderated tbh, even if sometimes people over-express themselves :)

It's funny though, so many posts and still no-one has answered stub's question :-D

•••
I know what you're saying but an opinion should be freely expressed. That shouldn't be moderated tbh, even if sometimes people over-express themselves :)

It's funny though, so many posts and still no-one has answered stub's question :-D

It has nothing to do with opinion, it's spamming / abusive. It seems nowadays the default excuse "it's an opinion so it should be allowed". There is a difference between an opinion and some one who keeps spamming new gtld threads like a broken record :) The latter is the problem, not the guy who sometimes gives a different opinion without spamming it whenever some positive news occurs.

PS: Hexonet does also backordering for ngtlds

Last edited:
•••
It has nothing to do with opinion, it's spamming / abusive. It seems nowadays the default excuse "it's an opinion so it should be allowed". There is a difference between an opinion and some one who keeps spamming new gtld threads like a broken record :) The latter is the problem, not the guy who sometimes gives a different opinion without spamming it whenever some positive news occurs.

PS: Hexonet does also backordering for ngtlds

The definition of "abusive" is very subjective. An opinion can only be offensive or abusive, if you allow it to be. I could consider your opinion about the definition of spamming as abusive, but that shouldn't be a reason for a moderator to remove your post, should it? It's all in the eye of the beholder, and this forum is only so valuable as the infinite variety and diversity of all opinions that it represents. Reading different opinions can sharpen your own opinion about things and allow you to make better decisions. If you only communicate with people that are very positive about these ngtlds, you might be tempted to invest all your money in these new extensions, only to realize afterwards that there are also other people with a different opinion.

Please note that members here are generally very much willing to help each other. So if someone is critical about these ngtlds, they might actually be suggesting to you to be a little bit more cautious before you spent all your money on these domains, which you could also appreciate since it's indeed the case that not the whole world is (yet?) embracing these new extensions. And if you firmly believe in these ngtlds, you should only be grateful with so much negativity as it decreases the competition and allows you to register all the names that you want.

•••
It's generally the same people that climb in thrash talk nGTLD's over and over again.

Whilst I do believe many of them are crap, I also believe many of them are awesome and we should paint them all with the same brush.

One of my favs is the .online

Anyway, I think some of the people who are always saying negative things are about nGTLD's might actually believe they are bad or not worth it BUT you also have a big portion of this group who have ulterior motives.... some of them own huge .com portfolios and they are terrified that some of the nGTLD's might make it difficult to sell their .com's......I'm not saying it would "devalue" their .com's but I am saying that it could make them harder to sell because people would have more options to choose from...

For Example:

lets say a domain like PokerOnline.com - lets say it's selling for $150 000 and then there is Poker.online selling for $5000 - If it it was up to me, I would buy Poker.online for $5000 and invest the remaining $145 000 on marketing the business. That in my opinion would yield far better returns and brand awareness than simple forking out $150 000 for the .com domain alone. Off course not everyone would agree but some would agree, basically thanks to nGTLD's there are more options available to us that wouldn't have existed before.

Last edited:
•••
Expireddomains.net For .club and .xyz.

•••
Where is the best place to search and/or buy dropping nGTLD's?
The best place to search and buy? My website, of course. ;)
They aren't drops, though.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Expireddomains.net For .club and .xyz.

I am mostly interested in these 2 gTLD's. And this provides a huge list of dropped domains available for registration. This is way the best suggestion I've seen so far.

•••
There hasn't been many suggestions as to where to backorder dropping nGTLD's.

Pheenix want $69 to backorder a .club domain. Any better offers than that?

Last edited:
•••
The definition of "abusive" is very subjective. An opinion can only be offensive or abusive, if you allow it to be. I could consider your opinion about the definition of spamming as abusive, but that shouldn't be a reason for a moderator to remove your post, should it? It's all in the eye of the beholder, and this forum is only so valuable as the infinite variety and diversity of all opinions that it represents. Reading different opinions can sharpen your own opinion about things and allow you to make better decisions. If you only communicate with people that are very positive about these ngtlds, you might be tempted to invest all your money in these new extensions, only to realize afterwards that there are also other people with a different opinion.

Please note that members here are generally very much willing to help each other. So if someone is critical about these ngtlds, they might actually be suggesting to you to be a little bit more cautious before you spent all your money on these domains, which you could also appreciate since it's indeed the case that not the whole world is (yet?) embracing these new extensions. And if you firmly believe in these ngtlds, you should only be grateful with so much negativity as it decreases the competition and allows you to register all the names that you want.

You're right @MarketMarket

I was battling w/.com domainers when I first jumped in but I learned a lot through all of the arguments. I am lucky that the negativity kept .XYZ under the radar. In the last month or so, I was able to purchase single keyword domains in .XYZ at rock bottom prices.

When I first started in November of 2015, I was mainly registering to word .XYZ domain names.

•••
•••
Its been a mix , .guide , .directory .cruises .tax .network .land .world

•••
one place u can see all the dropped new gltds domains in upcoming 1 month , but it not support english, very cheap, around $5.5 per dropped new gltds domain, chinese domainers got lots of dropped good meaning new gltds domains everyday....... i got lots of dropped LLL .online :woot:

•••
one place u can see all the dropped new gltds domains in upcoming 1 month , but it not support english, very cheap, around $5.5 per dropped new gltds domain, chinese domainers got lots of dropped good meaning new gltds domains everyday....... i got lots of dropped LLL .online :woot:
Can you give the name of that place :xf.smile: ?

•••
jq.club will drop today .......
i don't know why such short LL.club will drop , renewal is too expensive?

Attachments

• jq.club.jpg
    jq.club.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 34
•••
•••
but it does not support english, only mandarine.

So it would be a good place for our Mandarin speakers, err readers, as a useful source of information

•••
Nobody (apart from me) has yet suggested anywhere you can backorder these nGTLD's yet.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back