Domain Empire

.mobi New Samsung Phone has ‘.mobi button’

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have just been shown the samsung mobile phone ‘instinct’.

Now this is a beautiful full smartphone but with one interesting addition. It has a one touch button to select domain extension when surfing the net. There is the choice of .com, .mobi, .org, .edu etc.

See picture of phone screenshot:

More.........

. 8^X

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Look at that..... right in the center of everything! How nice :D

•••
Clearly not THE ".mobi default" button that long-time enthusiasts could have hoped for ... rather it seems a programmable (meaning one can probably delete/add/'customize' their preferred top-level domain shortcuts - namely, .COM) feature within the (new) Samsung Instict™ - although I'm a bit at a loss as the attached YouTube video was from June '08? :-/
Any new Samsung links/user feedback/programming/updates? :gl:
I'd be interested in hearing personal experiences of Instict© users!

Secondly, unless there is assured unique and compelling stand-alone developments on ".MOBI" websites, I feel there would generally be little knowledge / interest or need / desire for folks to then program in this option, IMHO.

Just my initial two sense, and thanks for the post.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Should I start a thread that .mx managed to get on the new Samsung phone aswell :hehe:

jk

•••
kev said:
Should I start a thread that .mx managed to get on the new Samsung phone aswell :hehe:

jk

you just did :sold:

although i'm sure tems of millions mexicans already know of it, the .mobi i'm not so sure

didn't realise vid was that old, thanks Jeff
although in UK handsets are not commonplace yet, we tend to get handsets later than you guys.although our systems tend to be a few years ahead :sold:

the real shock is .biz is on there :sold: :sold: :sold:

•••
^ You're welcome. :)

Would love to hear from (new) Samsung Instict™ users, as well! :gl: :talk:
-Jeff B-)

•••
OMG .biz has a button, too... :laugh:

I would have put a .gd button before doing .biz.

•••
Jeff said:
Clearly not THE ".mobi default" button that long-time enthusiasts could have hoped for ...

those people are gone anyway... unrealistic hype only goes so far.

and yea, that video is from last summer... i was actually wondering why nobody at the other forum noticed this.. heh

•••
.mobi next to .edu and .gov...how spectacular!

More huff and puff mobi news.

•••
labrocca cheer up.... its going to be ok, i promise.

we can hold hands.

•••
Side note: Just +Repped (rimmed?) Pred for his avatar

•••
mjnels said:
Jeff said:
Clearly not THE ".mobi default" button that long-time enthusiasts could have hoped for ...

those people are gone anyway... unrealistic hype only goes so far.

Good point, but I certainly remember the early and LIVELY ".mobi default" discussions here ... I guess the main point here, though, may be the SIGNIFICANCE of the priority of stand-alone developments of unique and compelling ".MOBI websites" (that folks will then opt / select the .mobi button (on Samsung™) to visit while out and about and "on the go")! :yell: :imho:

I'd also be interested in hearing from other device "backers" of the extension, as well. :blink:
-Jeff B-)

•••
mjnels said:
labrocca cheer up.... its going to be ok, i promise.

we can hold hands.
:snaphappy:

•••
people are doing the same thing with .TEL... overhyping it to death. it happens with every new TLD... usually the biggest loudest talkers are the ones that end up quietly fading into the darkness in this vast expanse we call internet.

•••
labrocca said:
.mobi next to .edu and .gov...how spectacular!

More huff and puff mobi news.

don't get your .net's in a twist , or is it a ladder ?
:sold:

•••
What? ... No .TEL button? D-: :sold:

•••
cobo said:
What? ... No .TEL button? D-: :sold:

^ Trouble maker ... :p ... but seriously, I'm sure if it can be programmed for both the optional ".MX" and lowly ".BIZ", there will eventually be room for both the new & super cool .WEB as well as the highly brandable .TEL buttons IMHO. :gl: :talk:

PS. What's the latest (if any) from ".mobi" backer Nokia™ ... and their devices including a true ".mobi default" button? :blink:
-Jeff B-)

•••
•••
With .mobi taking pride of place along side ".mx", "mail.", ".biz" and "https://" Samsung is making a rather eloquent statement about how they see the extension in my view. From the video this is all on a secondary page with only www. and .com on the main keyboard.

•••
3349379_400.jpg

•••
Yet again another thread ends up trashing .mobi.

stand-alone developments
highly brandable .TEL
stand-alone developments
highly brandable .TEL
stand-alone developments
highly brandable .TEL
stand-alone developments
highly brandable .TEL
stand-alone developments
highly brandable .TEL
.... :zzz:

•••
mo_dork said:

Minus a ^ puppy photo and some very light-hearted posts, I think this is a really good conversation - highlighting the specific topic of the Samsung button options, the relevant outdated YouTube video, as well as some of the extension's shortcomings (thus creating a need/demand for an button) and potential alternative extensions (including bottons, current or future, for other potential TLD's and including keyboard placement), IMHO. :gl:
Personally, in this context ... I'd still like to hear from the personal experiences of some Samsung Instict™ users (and those with specific knowledge of Nokia™ devices)! :talk:

Just my two sense.
-Jeff B-)

•••
•••
^ Samsung.HowardForums.com

Off to do some additional research, thanks namewaiter! :gl:
-Jeff B-)

•••
mo_dork said:

What did you expect, people to say what a great development this is and how well .mobi is going?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back