Domain Empire

.mobi Mobi strategy with phone numbers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I haven't seen this posted yet but has anyone considered comparing the numbers on their phone and how the .mobi will be typed?

It's like those 1800-555-3256 (1-800-example)

I just got DXD.mobi (3993.mobi) 3993 is how it will be typed.

All the 3 button domains seem to be gone but a couple 4 buttons will be sold. I can place bets now that the shorter the dial on the phone...the more valuable the domain....especially on the 3 and 4 character domains. Basically there are a lot of 4 letter domains that will only be 4 button pushes.

Anyone think about this yet?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm with you Labrocca, I think the hottest mobis will be the shortest ones. I attempted to buy a lot of 3 letter names and numbers and ended up with 2...
go3 and go7. I also got 88hk which i might use myself.

•••
Thanks sir..but maybe you didn't understand what I meant. Your domains are 5 or more buttons to dial. My personal opinion is that's too long.

•••
What about voice activated dialing? I don't see people triple tapping a couple years from now.

•••
rsequin said:
What about voice activated dialing? I don't see people triple tapping a couple years from now.

Oh that's a very good point. Btw...opera browser already has voice commands built in. I am not sure about Opera mobile though.

•••
rsequin said:

Not for everything. There is an element of privacy in web browsing, and I can't see people sitting in a coffee shop blurting out whatever site they are going to, especially if it embarrassing.

Can you see it: "computer...genitalwarts.mobi please..."

:yell:

•••
ezinaz said:
Can you see it: "computer...genitalwarts.mobi please..."

:yell:
:lol: That's funny! Anyhow, we're thinking alike, labrocca. Earlier today I regged GGK.mobi which is 4455 typed in.

Take care,
-Mr. Bone88

•••
I picked up TAGM (sounds like Tag 'em) or 8 - 2- 4- 6. I chose this domain based on the fact the letters are all first key "presses". I also like the pattern for the keypresses--almost typo proof in that the keys are straight up, and a cross with a keypad in between. Also with four strokes for four letters your less likely to typo that way as well. http://pukupi.com/tools/domainatron/index.php?txtDomain=tagm

I may turn this into the first mobile "laser tag" site whereby you can use your phone to "tag" people. I'm going to need some serious Venture capital. If you know of anyone, please let me know.

p.s IF your skiddish of "conjuncted" type names like tagm, think of "flickr". When buying .mobi names the shorter is the better so my guess is the english version of most popular names will get truncated a bit. Hence for the speculative buy that seemed like a no-brainer with four keystrokes.

Last edited:
•••
izo-pod said:
I picked up TAGM (sounds like Tag 'em) or 8 - 2- 4- 6. I chose this domain based on the fact the letters are all first key "presses". I also like the pattern for the keypresses--almost typo proof in that the keys are straight up, and a cross with a keypad in between. Also with four strokes for four letters your less likely to typo that way as well. http://pukupi.com/tools/domainatron/index.php?txtDomain=tagm

I may turn this into the first mobile "laser tag" site whereby you can use your phone to "tag" people. I'm going to need some serious Venture capital. If you know of anyone, please let me know.

p.s IF your skiddish of "conjuncted" type names like tagm, think of "flickr". When buying .mobi names the shorter is the better so my guess is the english version of most popular names will get truncated a bit. Hence for the speculative buy that seemed like a no-brainer with four keystrokes./QUOTE]

Excellent domain and idea.

•••
Don't forget that many cell phones come with predictive text inut systems - my Nokia has T9 for example, so common words are more easily types out on a numeric keyppad.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back