Domain Empire

discuss New gTLD Renewal Prices

Spaceship
Watch

Frank Demitri

Established Member
Impact
I have been looking around new tld's and wanted to ask about there renewal pricing. They have different renewals anywhere from $5 to $50 or may be even more. What do you all think is the right renewal price. Is there a right answer to this or does it just depend the tld it self. Does it matter if the tld is a gtld or a cctld or anyother category that it will have a higher or lower tld.

I have been particularly looking into .top, .xyz, .online, .site, .win and .gdn and out of all .top is so far the cheapest in terms of renewal as far as I know.

It will be interesting to see all the input.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And Yes, Transfer is always cheaper than renewal...

Last edited:
•••
As far as I know, they can't increase prices for already registered names. If it's in general availability, then yes.

They can and they have. There have been multiple blog posts and forum discussions about it.
It might only get worse as some registries start to circle the drain financially.

Brad

•••
And why to renew these low- or even zero-demand domains???
Drop them... And if needed - reregister for discounted price via API or manually... and thats' all.
As of today even on .TOP-drops competition is ~0.

•••
As for me - I play with nTLDs as in lottery... just for assorti and without fanatism...
I don't consider such domains as investment.

•••
It would be nice if Rightside or Dontus took down renewal prices.

•••
And why to renew these low- or even zero-demand domains???
Drop them... And if needed - reregister for discounted price via API or manually... and thats' all.
As of today even on .TOP-drops competition is ~0.
I think around 20-25% renewals will happen and the rest will be dropped.

•••
Yes, usually Premiums are transfer-limited.

•••
..and here is what I got from godaddy on .online renewal. As low as $30 hahaha
renewal.JPG

•••
where can i transfer .xyz domains to? any cheap registrars charging less than 10 dollars? thanks, guys.

•••
•••
•••
It is not a policy.
This is because not all registrars support Premiums... for example, 1and1.

•••
It is not a policy.
This is because not all registrars support Premiums... for example, 1and1.

1and1 does not support anyone but themselves !

•••
It is just one sample, there are many registrars with lack of Premiums's support...

Last edited:
•••
Is there a place where once can compare renewal prices of premium new gTLD's?

Or you just need to reach out to egistrars and see what they can offer?

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back