NameSilo

Netfirms.com $1.99 .COMs. 2 year registration for $5.98

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Netfirms.com is now running a special promotion on new .COM domain registration – just from only $1.99 for the first year.

$5.98 for two year registrations.

Use coupon code HACKNY and get it for $1.39 for first year or $4.19 for 2 years registrations.

Hurry, this promotion won't last long.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
2 years is full price, I just want to transfer for 1 year and the checkout page is incomplete.
So I went through control panel, and added auth codes, the checkout page came up but .ca transfers are CA$11.99 before 31% off, so not much saving from godaddy there.

•••
If you are transferring your domain to another registrar, please ensure that:

• trans.gif
    The domain is not currently locked.
  • trans.gif
    Domain Privacy is not enabled.
  • trans.gif
    You are able to retrieve mail
  • trans.gif
    The domain has been active for more than 60 days.Active for 275 days
Recent transfer to netfirms, like 2 weeks ago. It appears i can transfer out as all criteria have been met.

Are we sure there is a 60 day lock after transfering to netfirms?

Click on domain name in control panel, then transfer the above shows up

•••
If you are transferring your domain to another registrar, please ensure that:

• trans.gif
    The domain is not currently locked.
  • trans.gif
    Domain Privacy is not enabled.
  • trans.gif
    You are able to retrieve mail
  • trans.gif
    The domain has been active for more than 60 days.Active for 275 days
Recent transfer to netfirms, like 2 weeks ago. It appears i can transfer out as all criteria have been met.

Are we sure there is a 60 day lock after transfering to netfirms?

lol
funny you ask this
cause just 5 days ago I ran into same issue

transfered .com to them 3 weeks ago.
sold it a week ago
buyer wanted it at gd
we started transfer out
all 4 items were checked like for you
but transfered failed due to lock.
in the end buyer opened netfirm account for push

so do not waste your money or time attempting transfer out before 60day

seems its a icann rule.. regardless of what registrars tell ya.. it WILL fail ;)

cheers

•••
Along these lines of 60-day lock, I have noticed that when I put my Dotster, etc. names into Afternic, they show up as fast transfer (premium) immediately. This is not supposed to happen until the 60-day lock is up, because if an end-user were to buy through Afternic, they would not be able to be "fast transfer" due to 60-day lock still being in effect.

•••
Along these lines of 60-day lock, I have noticed that when I put my Dotster, etc. names into Afternic, they show up as fast transfer (premium) immediately. This is not supposed to happen until the 60-day lock is up, because if an end-user were to buy through Afternic, they would not be able to be "fast transfer" due to 60-day lock still being in effect.

evne if they show up on afternic
u still need to wait for dotster email .. and then go to dotster account to click on dolar sign to enable.
as far as I checked, if u click dollar sign to enable before the 60day, it'll remain off and disabled.

•••
this one happens to be past 60 day since reg as you see... but nothing ever gets enabled on afternic til u activate that dollar sign..

tgyrtyty.JPG

•••
as far as I checked, if u click dollar sign to enable before the 60day, it'll remain off and disabled.

What I'm saying is that you can enable it before 60 days. And then if you go to GoDaddy and search for that name, you will be able to directly check out with it, rather than being sent to the GoDaddy Auctions page to buy it (which is what would happen normally before the 60 days).

•••
What I'm saying is that you can enable it before 60 days. And then if you go to GoDaddy and search for that name, you will be able to directly check out with it, rather than being sent to the GoDaddy Auctions page to buy it (which is what would happen normally before the 60 days).

I didn't know.
I remember trying to enable a few dollar signs before 60 days were up. and it'd go back to disabled and greyed out.

•••
That's not been my experience:

Screenshot (277).png

•••
weird.
either way like you said they won't be able to transfer out before 60day lock.. so I'd not enable those for fast transfer.

•••
Now compare how 2 different Afternic names show up when searching on GoDaddy, both less than 60 days old, the first with Dotster, and the second with GoDaddy:

Screenshot (279).png

Screenshot (280).png

•••
I see. I am not to familiar with how gd does this.

what I am trying to say is that maybe dotster gives a false impression of nonlock to some fast transfer particpating networks.. in same way people get false impression from those 4 checkboxxes that say you can transfer out, when in fact you cannot transfer out and it'll fail.

in short: I'd not enable fast transfer before 60 days, even if the dollar sign lights up for it. it could create poblems later when attempting to transfer to buyer. jmo as best as I am familiar with this.

•••
sale is back on 1.99 com .net

•••
use promo PUZZLE for 31% off 1.99 = $1.37

•••
use promo PUZZLE for 31% off 1.99 = $1.37
thanks a lot man...
i was just about to checkout with SALE20, and i read your post...and got 31% discount

registered 15 domains with PUZZLE

•••
•••
Domain.com still showing normal price for .com registration. Dotster & mydomain both showing discounted price $1.99 for .com

•••
Any .net transfers for 1.99 promo

•••
Any .net transfers for 1.99 promo
Of course YES, be quick then you can transfer your .NET to Netfirms at only $1.37 (with coupon PUZZLE or MYSTERY)

•••
Of course YES, be quick then you can transfer your .NET to Netfirms at only $1.37 (with coupon PUZZLE or MYSTERY)
Not working for .net transfers. Just tried. Transfer credit price shows 12.xx dollars.and with puzzle it comes yo 8.62$.

•••
Not working for .net transfers. Just tried. Transfer credit price shows 12.xx dollars.and with puzzle it comes yo 8.62$.
I've checked again. It's only ok with .COM. The transfer screen shows that .NET may meet a bug. You should contact with support team to ask for manual transfer.

•••
When I request a transfer it just adds the name to the pending domain name box. When I click on verify domain credit for the name, it just automatically charges the transfer to my debit card without even showing the price I'm being charged or giving me any option to choose more than one year. Is there a better way?

•••
When I request a transfer it just adds the name to the pending domain name box. When I click on verify domain credit for the name, it just automatically charges the transfer to my debit card without even showing the price I'm being charged or giving me any option to choose more than one year. Is there a better way?
usually this doesn't happens...
contact customer support, to charge-back...
they can not do this...

•••
As anyone used domain.com to register at discounted price? I only have account with domain.com

•••

the only time trsnsfer will go ahead without checkout and biling page after you click to verify is when you alreasdy have existing previous credit in your account. for whatver reason. cause u askd them to put it there, cause you cancelled previous transfer etc.

speaking of which, has nayone here successfully asked them to put credit $ for future use on their account?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back