Dynadot

Need advice on selling a domain

Located in Domain Beginners started by Rubik, Nov 29, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. Rubik

Rubik Established Member

I've never sold a domain before. I own the domain tvnews.us, and I'm trying to figure out whether to sell it by auction (and starting the bidding at what price?) or for a fixed price.

Your advice is appreciated. Thanks!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. viniproject09

viniproject09 Upgraded Member Blue Account

Start the bidding price with genuine price that you deserve.

3. kite26

kite26 CleverDNA.com VIP

Your real problem is domain's quality. With .us at the right of the dot, if you achieve to sell it at low $xxx, you should be very happy and i mean to an end-user. Reseller value is around Reg fee to mid $xx for this name.
    To stop blah blah, set it for sale in a free marketplace. If you can't sell it within a year, drop it.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  4. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

At auction it might barely sell for anything. And with a reserve it probably won’t sell at all.

With this domain you’ll need to just wait it out could take a long time to sell for a decent price if it ever sells for a decent price that is.

5. Nate Norris

Nate Norris Upgraded Member Gold Account

I disagree to an extent with other posters here. You're going to have to sit on it and wait for a buyer. It's not exactly a liquid domain. But it's not worthless. It's an incredibly popular search term and you have a legitimate ccTLD. It's not going to rake in 4 figures, but you could sell it for $200-750 to the right end user in my opinion.

Some comps:
    TVReel.us - $396
    TimeForTV.us - $207
    CableTV.us - $1500
    TVTalk.us - $219

Put it up with a BIN, because with a name that illiquid you're unlikely to get a decent price at auction. It's not a name resellers are clamoring for. BIN will give buyers time to find it.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 2:54 AM
  6. viniproject09

viniproject09 Upgraded Member Blue Account

I guess he should set a minimum BIN price at auction then try if people increase the bid to an extent.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!