IT.COM

Namesilo vs Namecheap vs Pork Bun?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

keyboardtypo

Impact
I am planning to register a 2 com-domains, and I am wondering which one offers the best solution for me in terms of webhotels, traffic, size and price in 1 package? The websites I will create, will contain databases and require a lot of data processing, uploading etc., so no limitations in terms of traffic would be super important for me. In terms of prices, they seem to be pretty much similar..

I read loads of good things about all 3, but I am having trouble deciding which one to go for...

Im located in Europe, if that matters in any way...

Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My favorite from these three is clearly namesilo, but they can probably be ruled out in your case since I believe they do not offer hosting, but are a pure domain registrar.

I have made very good experience with namecheap as well and was considering to give porkbun a try because of their great pricing (but somehow always ended up giving the namesilo the preference).

No idea how good the hosting solutions of these companies are, I host my sites with 1deluxe.de (which may not be the solution you are looking for, since they have a traffic limit).

I personally believe there is no such thing as unlimited internet traffic. There's always a threshold (whether it is deeply hidden in the TaC under "acceptable/ usage" or not revealed at all), so I prefer to know this threshold in advance rather than have my sites shut down without warning.

•••
You may use any of them just for the domain registration...
Regarding your hosting needs - you may try WEBHOST.PRO

Last edited:
•••
Namesilo > Namecheap > Porkbun

•••
I'm a fan of Name Silo. Also I believe that you should not host your sites with your registrar. It makes it much harder to move should you need to.

You don't indicate your level of knowledge, but if you have an understanding of hosting management, you may be best off with a VPS package.

•••
Register your domain name at Namesilo, use Linode for hosting. That's it. You are done

•••
I'm a fan of Name Silo. Also I believe that you should not host your sites with your registrar. It makes it much harder to move should you need to.

You don't indicate your level of knowledge, but if you have an understanding of hosting management, you may be best off with a VPS package.

I apologize for that, but my knowledge is extremely basic. Nothing advanced, unfortunately. I bare know how to install Wordpress... that's how bad it is... But, I should and probably will get some help from someone to setup the pages I need in terms of coding etc.

Register your domain name at Namesilo, use Linode for hosting. That's it. You are done

Yes, after a lot of checking around, I think I will land on registering my domains at Namesilo, but what is this Linode? By the looks of it, they only offer linux-based servers etc, no? I've got zero experience with linux, unfortunately.. :/

I am having a bit troubles understanding this, but when I buy the domain at Namesilo, I need a place that hosts my stuff so i can make a webpage and such, correct? And that place would then be i.e Linode?

•••
I apologize for that, but my knowledge is extremely basic. Nothing advanced, unfortunately. I bare know how to install Wordpress... that's how bad it is... But, I should and probably will get some help from someone to setup the pages I need in terms of coding etc.

Yes, after a lot of checking around, I think I will land on registering my domains at Namesilo, but what is this Linode? By the looks of it, they only offer linux-based servers etc, no? I've got zero experience with linux, unfortunately.. :/

I am having a bit troubles understanding this, but when I buy the domain at Namesilo, I need a place that hosts my stuff so i can make a webpage and such, correct? And that place would then be i.e Linode?
Linode provide server for hosting your business website, Application etc. If you don't have experience then go with Namecheap hosting. They offer VHM and Cpanel. It's really easy to manage a website with cpanel software.

https://www.namecheap.com/hosting.aspx

•••
Linode provide server for hosting your business website, Application etc. If you don't have experience then go with Namecheap hosting. They offer VHM and Cpanel. It's really easy to manage a website with cpanel software.

Oh ok. So i can still get the domain at Namesilo and then get the webhosting at namecheap, or should i go with the whole package at Namecheap (getting my domains + hosting in 1 place)?

•••
Oh ok. So i can still get the domain at Namesilo and then get the webhosting at namecheap, or should i go with the whole package at Namecheap (getting my domains + hosting in 1 place)?
I prefer Namesilo for domain, but there is no harm having domain name and hosting at same place.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back