Dynadot

discuss Where would you list? SH vs BB vs Alter

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tiletalk

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

I have a small dilemma. I have a domain which I purchased in the hope of reselling but I am not sure which option I should go with?

It was listed in BrandBucket before I bought it.

• BrandBucket: 21k (25% commission)
  • Squadhelp recommended: 18k (I put down 22k) (25% commission)

As you can see the proposed listing price is ranging from 18 to 21k. I think I can increase the proposal in SH by 10% which will bring it in line with the other two marketplaces.

There is however a huge commission charges between Alter vs SH and BB but I guess this is due to their volume of traffic. However, the overall saturation in Alter is less at present, so more likely to be seen by end user? There is also added benefits of submitting to contests with SH and active paid marketing to end users.

I am not sure what to do or where to go pay more commission with more traffic vs pay less with lower domain saturation. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If and when you point the nameservers to them it will generate it's own type in traffic ......I really want to know how many domains are bought of each of these marketplaces by actual searches on them......otherwise what's the point?

Just use Dan or Efty and save the commission......

Based on your list above it's a no brainer with Alter at 10% and less competition - imo.........

Last edited:
•••
If and when you point the nameservers to them it will generate it's own type in traffic ......I really want to know how many domains are bought of each of these marketplaces by actual searches on them......otherwise what's the point?

Just use Dan or Efty and save the commission......

Based on your list above it's a no brainer with Alter at 10% and less competition - imo.........
Hi Nick, I have literally posted that on Alter.com thread link below

https://www.namepros.com/threads/alter-com-brandable-marketplace.1208387/page-9#post-8098991

•••
Decided to go with alter for these and sh for lowered priced ones. Lets see how it pans out

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back