IT.COM

Namesilo goes down the tube? No support!

NameSilo
Watch

golan

GolanMedia.comTop Member
Impact
I have always been a huge advocate for Namesilo. Great registrar with simple flat pricing, no upsells, etc etc etc.

Now, something is going on with their support. I don't know whether it has to do with them being bought out, but only the facts.

I submitted a support request on January 3rd. Overall very simple question, i believe there is some minor bug in their interface. I would expect a minimally competent support staff solve it in 5 minutes.

I got a reply the next day. The support staff clearly didn't exert himself to read my question and just replied something general on the topic. (Why don't they sign support emails with their names BTW?? I think it's just rude.)

I re-phrased my question, to make it more precise, and then i did it few times more, even with screenshots, they were replying once a day but still no direct answer to my problem.

Their last reply was on January 9, a week ago. I sent them two follow up emails since, but all in vain.

NOW 13 DAYS PASSED AND MY PROBLEM ISN'T SOLVED. I CAN'T USE MY DOMAIN, AND THE SUPPORT GOT SILENT.

@namesilo , what does? Can you check it please, the number of the issue (at least that's what you put in the email subject) is 20514 . I swear to you, if you don't solve the issue so that i can finally use my domain, i will start transferring all my domains out, and instead of supporting and advocating you everywhere as i was doing for years i'll be telling everywhere how bad you became.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It would be better if you can also reproduce your issue here, so we can make any possible comment.

Last edited:
•••
Hi @golan - sorry to hear about this frustration and your bad experience with us. Without revealing anything specific about your account for your security, we'd like to clarify a couple of things you mentioned above that do not appear to match our records just so we can understand the situation and better improve our support to you in the future:

1 - your initial q to us was about your domain not loading the correct destination and we replied that your domain forwarding had been set up and that was the reason for the redirect. Your reply was asking how to change the forwarding settings and we responded with the instructions how to do so. This back and forth continued until the 9th after which we didn't hear back from you to our reply until yesterday to which we also replied.

2 - you said "The support staff clearly didn't exert himself to read my question and just replied something general on the topic.(Why don't they sign support emails with their names BTW I think it's just rude.)" but that's can't be the case if we are responding to your direct question and mentioning that your website forwarding was set up? If you feel like our response wasn't detailed enough, then apologies but saying we don't read your questions isn't correct. Please understand that we deal with hundreds to thousands of questions daily and every customer varies in their levels of industry/platform knowledge so we try to do our best to reply accordingly. If you require more detail or info, you can simply ask and our team will accommodate. Also, the reason why we don't provide specific agent names is because normally, there are multiple support agents that look into and respond to your questions so over the course of a thread, you'll get a support team looking into your questions, not just one person.

3 - you said "Their last reply was on January 9, a week ago. I sent them two follow up emails since, but all in vain." - on our end we're seeing that we replied to your last question on the 9th and we didn't hear back from you until yesterday to which we also responded within 2 hours so not entirely sure what happened here. Were your other responses on this same thread or separate threads? The way you phrased it above sounds as though we stopped responding to your e-mails or questions which isn't quite accurate given what we're seeing on our end.

Looking forward to resolving this matter with you in as timely a manner as possible so you can get back to managing your domains. If you still feel like our replies are not helping, then can you please send a summary of the issue to [email protected] and we'll forward it along to a Customer Support Supervisor to review and respond accordingly.

- NameSilo Support Team

Last edited:
•••
I recommend to use their LiveChat...
Emails are always under risk to be delivered in spam.

Last edited:
•••
Hi @golan - sorry to hear about this frustration and your bad experience with us. Without revealing anything specific about your account for your security, we'd like to clarify a couple of things you mentioned above that do not appear to match our records just so we can understand the situation and better improve our support to you in the future:
First of all, thank you for your reply.
This back and forth continued until the 9th after which we didn't hear back from you to our reply until yesterday to which we also replied.
Sorry, that's not true. I replied to you both on 10th and 14th, see screenshot.
XymrSCE.png

After having read about your reply yesterday, i went to check my spam, and indeed your email was there in spam. As far as i remember that's the first time i see Namesilo email in spam. What an unfortunate coincidence.

Both these cases with missed emails would not happen if you had a ticket system, as most service companies do. Of course i'm not in any position to teach you how to run your business.

However, this email from you doesn't answer any of my questions. It says, "On our end, we're seeing the domain forwarding along". I KNOW WELL ENOUGH IT'S FORWARDING, and i want to know why and why i don't see the forwarding in my controls, AND EXACTLY THIS I WANT TO SOLVE SINCE JANUARY 3RD. Do the support operators replying to emails, even read the issue history????? What did this one, who wrote the last email, reply to?? It's just amazing what's happening with your support, i can not believe it.

Please understand that we deal with hundreds to thousands of questions daily and every customer varies in their levels of industry/platform knowledge so we try to do our best to reply accordingly. If you require more detail or info, you can simply ask and our team will accommodate.
But that's exactly what i did, asked multiple times for "more detail or info". But it seems every next support operator doesn't read the ticket thread.
Also, the reason why we don't provide specific agent names is because normally, there are multiple support agents that look into and respond to your questions so over the course of a thread, you'll get a support team looking into your questions, not just one person.
Right. It's normal. Sometimes when i'm solving some issue with support of some company, the operators are changing, either shift changes or i'm going offline or the issue takes another day to solve or whatever, but they ALWAYS sign by every message so i know that before it was John and now Paul took over my ticket but i always can be sure Paul has read everything and now continues with my ticket with full competence.

What did your operator continue when wrote me the last email??

Again, it's your business and you are in your full rights to handle it the way you like; however i'm in my rights to go to another registrar whos support replies to tickets not once in few days but in minutes or at the max in couple hours, and actually reads what the client asks and of course is able to help.

3 - you said "Their last reply was on January 9, a week ago. I sent them two follow up emails since, but all in vain." - on our end we're seeing that we replied to your last question on the 9th and we didn't hear back from you until yesterday to which we also responded within 2 hours so not entirely sure what happened here. Were your other responses on this same thread or separate threads? The way you phrased it above sounds as though we stopped responding to your e-mails or questions which isn't quite accurate given what we're seeing on our end.

Sure it was the same thread.

Looking forward to resolving this matter with you in as timely a manner as possible so you can get back to managing your domains. If you still feel like our replies are not helping, then can you please send a summary of the issue to [email protected] and we'll forward it along to a Customer Support Supervisor to review and respond accordingly.

But this doesn't make sense. I already summarized everything in my emails from January 7th and 10th. What's the point to write again to [email protected] if your staff doesn't even read what's there and just sends back some random sentences? Why your Customer Support Supervisor couldn't just read my emails from January 7th and 10th?

•••
It would be better if you can also reproduce your issue here, so we can make any possible comment.
Thank you. I deliberately didn't talk about the original issue itself; my story now is about their bad support. If the issue won't be resolved, i'll post it in a separate thread.

•••
Sorry, that's not true. I replied to you both on 10th and 14th, see screenshot.

We do not seem to have a record of any emails from your address on the 10th of January. We have reported this to our tech team to investigate but it's possible it was blocked by the mail server. We saw you respond on the 14th and we replied to it (which sounds like ended up in your SPAM folder).

However, this email from you doesn't answer any of my questions. It says, "On our end, we're seeing the domain forwarding along". I KNOW WELL ENOUGH IT'S FORWARDING, and i want to know why and why i don't see the forwarding in my controls, AND EXACTLY THIS I WANT TO SOLVE SINCE JANUARY 3RD. Do the support operators replying to emails, even read the issue history????? What did this one, who wrote the last email, reply to?? It's just amazing what's happening with your support, i can not believe it.

Our agents do certainly read the threads before responding, and it appears that perhaps caused some confusion on the question. It sounds like your question was around how to access the domain forwarding menu but our team misunderstood this latest question because our initial reply to you on the 4th already answered how to access the domain forwarding menu (which you acknowledged in your reply):
From your Domain Manager, select the domain and click on "Forward Domains" at the top (actions selected for domains). There you will see forwarding information and will be able to make changes.

Just to ensure this matter is resolved, we have asked one of our Customer Support Supervisors to reply again to our last e-mail to ensure that everything is cleared away. If you have any additional questions or comments, please let them or us know. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us keep improving our support to you.

•••
On another note, the last few days I have not been able to use their whois search. Nothing appears when I look up a name here:

https://www.namesilo.com/whois.php

Is it just me?

•••
•••
On another note, the last few days I have not been able to use their whois search. Nothing appears when I look up a name here:

https://www.namesilo.com/whois.php

Is it just me?

Works for me...

upload_2019-2-3_19-4-32.png

was surprised to learn NameSilo was regged in 2009

AND

surprised to learn that NameSilo.com is only registered until 2020.

•••
•••
Why isn't their LiveChat able to deal with things like unlocking domains or sorting out the constant "Domain processing" issues? Never had that issue elsewhere. I tend to get palmed off to the support@ email, which takes ages to respond (and sometimes not at all).

Last edited:
•••
Back