NameSilo

auctions NamesCon/ROTD Auction Results (2018)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ategy

Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.comTop Member
Impact
My PC is a little finicky and I wasn't able to follow today. Does anybody have the full results?

Does anyone know the final price for Lucky.com and if it actually sold?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I sat through and watched the whole auction with video and sound, in the uk that was from midnight till after 3am. Got 4 hours sleep then went to work. lol

•••
It's shocking to see .asia names being auctioned.
Domain conferences have become clearing houses for dead bodies.

•••
End user sales always have better results than such useless auctions..saw in list some domains which was sold lower than they were purchased, wonder why someone set so low reserve..because auction owners ask for that..that why again they are useless for seller.

•••
The stop.com buyer must be celebrating with many bottles of champagne right now.

I had to double check the marijuana.com sale. :xf.grin:

•••
Someone got a great deal on Stop.com
The stop.com buyer must be celebrating with many bottles of champagne right now.

https://twitter.com/TLDInvestors/status/958549423902076928

upload_2018-1-31_6-34-41.png

https://twitter.com/onlinedomaincom/status/958514966159507457
upload_2018-1-31_6-38-24.png

Last edited:
•••
Ive noticed monte owns alot of .club domain names, is there something im missing with this extension?

•••
Ive noticed monte owns alot of .club domain names, is there something im missing with this extension?

What kind of .club domains do you see? ie short .club or keyword .club?

I took a brief look at some of Mr. Cahn's domains, but didn't see any .club. I was really surprised to see trademarked domains such as wwwEXAMPLETRADEMARK.com parked and seemingly for sale. WHOIS shows legal departments\ / confiscated names, and the domain was renewed. Not too sure why a veteran domainer would be messing with such domains, but nothing a veteran domainer does these days is surprising anymore. #draintheswamp

Last edited:
•••

I had to double check the marijuana.com sale. :xf.grin:
Its not "Marijuana"...its "MarijuaUna" 😂😂

•••
What kind of .club domains do you see? ie short .club or keyword .club?

I took a brief look at some of Mr. Cahn's domains, but didn't see any .club. I was really surprised to see trademarked domains such as wwwEXAMPLETRADEMARK.com parked and seemingly for sale. WHOIS shows legal departments\ / confiscated names, and the domain was renewed. Not too sure why a veteran domainer would be messing with such domains, but nothing a veteran domainer does these days is surprising anymore. #draintheswamp

Mostly keyword .club names

•••
It's shocking to see .asia names being auctioned.
Domain conferences have become clearing houses for dead bodies.

Not dead, but suffering and dying.

Euthan.asia would have been appropriate here ))

•••
Does anybody know what the high bid for Lucky.com was? All I know is that pre-auction, it was at $1,006,000 but didn't hit reserve yet.

•••
I don't really see anything there that's too exciting. Obviously auction sales are never as good/high as end user sales but there seems to be a lot of low prices there. stop.com was a bargain at that price imo - I wonder how the seller feels about the price.

•••
I don't really see anything there that's too exciting. Obviously auction sales are never as good/high as end user sales but there seems to be a lot of low prices there. stop.com was a bargain at that price imo - I wonder how the seller feels about the price.

Stop.com needs to be taken off the list. @Ategy.com

Mike tweeted out that Monte said it did not sell now after it showed sold on the live auction.

Ref: https://www.thedomains.com/2018/01/30/great-com-sells-900000-lead-namescon-auction/

•••
Any word on what happened with Lucky.com?

I only saw it reached $1,006,000 at pre-auction .. which didn't yet meet reserve apparently .. were there any bids above that at the live auction?

No there were none, as soon as the name came up i think all the bidders froze. Its meant to be going back onto namejet for the extended auction but isnt on there as of yet

•••
Ah thanks for that. Hadn't seen it - just the 'results'

•••
I am missing something in this list! Where is my Domains? :xf.cry:

•••
Stop.com didnt sell, and neither did Lucky.com

•••
I would discard any value of the $1MM bid here. As the sale did not happen, the bidding could have been for solely gauging the future sale to someone else and having a reference point with a "proof".

There are better names at that price range.

•••
These are very moderate prices nothing like TRAFFIC did back in the days.

•••
•••
I would discard any value of the $1MM bid here. As the sale did not happen, the bidding could have been for solely gauging the future sale to someone else and having a reference point with a "proof".

There are better names at that price range.
Agreed, this is just a talking point every year, you have a name with a 1.5M reserve, and it's like ok we have a bid of $1.4M blah blah, same thing last year also.

You know what if the seller was really motivated enough to let it go into an auction with a room full of the worlds biggest domain investors, well than take a bit of a hit, maybe the auctioneer cuts their commission a bit, and get a deal done, this is just old school auctioneer tricks, nobody falls for it anymore.

•••
Runner.com was nice sale..good deal..also Step.com! wow nice deals

•••
What many people fail to realize is the reason these names are entering this venue is they have been shopped around for years, and gone unsold. Sure they look good on paper, but at the end you have to be the next guy to put 5-6 figures down, and do what the previous owner did for years, wait for the right buyer.

So on paper they look great, but they come with a lot of stale dated history as well.

•••
Even great domain names can take a long time to sell. Plenty of great domains are still waiting for the right end user to show up.

•••
I am missing something in this list! Where is my Domains? :xf.cry:
You must be organizer of this sh8t event to be able to list your names, see previous post on this thread.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back