IT.COM

auctions NamesCon/ROTD Auction Results (2018)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ategy

Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.comTop Member
Impact
My PC is a little finicky and I wasn't able to follow today. Does anybody have the full results?

Does anyone know the final price for Lucky.com and if it actually sold?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anybody that had names that didn't sell see this happen yet?

"The live auction at NamesCon 2018 has ended. All of the names that did not reach reserve along with those that were not selected for the live auction will continue in the online auction ending February 8th, 2018."

Don't see them in the online auction yet, maybe later today?

•••
•••
"The live auction at NamesCon 2018 has ended. All of the names that did not reach reserve along with those that were not selected for the live auction will continue in the online auction ending February 8th, 2018."

Don't see them in the online auction yet, maybe later today?
I think you needed to place a backorder bid in order to join those auctions. I'm bidding in just a few. I'm not sure exactly how it works tbh.

•••
I think you needed to place a backorder bid in order to join those auctions. I'm bidding in just a few. I'm not sure exactly how it works tbh.

Oh, I meant for names I had up in the Live auction, the ones that didn't sell are supposed to move back to the online auction. I was told late Wednesday or Thursday, they should move on over to the online auction. Right now, they still haven't moved over.

Last edited:
•••
I see the auction had a sell thru rate of 56%, for a namescon auction they should really try for 80%, if you have crazy reserves many people just lose interest. $1.5M sold, with $900K coming from Great.com alone.

I don't know what the commisions rates are, but say 20%, that is $300K, given they have many expenses also for the auction host.

•••
$1.5M sold, with $900K coming from Great.com alone.

I don't know what the commisions rates are, but say 20%, that is $300K, given they have many expenses also for the auction host.

Are all domains subject to the same commission rates?

... or do top tier domains such as Great.com catch a break?

If great didn't get a break, then the seller (@ 20%) would take home $720k.

Curious to know the max price Wal-Mart would pay for a Great.com. Maybe they're waiting for a great .value gTLD? 🤷

Last edited:
•••
I see the auction had a sell thru rate of 56%, for a namescon auction they should really try for 80%, if you have crazy reserves many people just lose interest. $1.5M sold, with $900K coming from Great.com alone.

25% is namescon commission this year

•••
The results are not impressive in my view. Many of these would do as good on a typical day on GoDaddy or NameJet. To pay a 25% commission is a joke, especially if there is no upper end limit.

Brad

•••
The results are not impressive in my view. Many of these would do as good on a typical day on GoDaddy or NameJet. To pay a 25% commission is a joke, especially if there is no upper end limit.

Brad

The auction was pretty poor this year, i think the bidders were tight asses this year

•••
Does anybody know when the names that didnt sell at the live auction would be going back onto namejet for the extended auction?

•••
Are all domains subject to the same commission rates?

... or do top tier domains such as Great.com catch a break?

If great didn't get a break, then the seller (@ 20%) would take home $720k.

Curious to know the max price Wal-Mart would pay for a Great.com. Maybe they're waiting for a great .value gTLD? 🤷
They own greatvalue.com already
Does anybody know when the names that didnt sell at the live auction would be going back onto namejet for the extended auction?
everything they do is slow, last year I bought a domain in auction, took them like 3 weeks to bill me, transfer over was quick, I felt bad for sellers who had to wait that long.

Last edited:
•••
Business.Loans did not reach reserve at 10K.
What happend to $500k home.loans guy this is like a quarter in a shopping cart kind of money to him, he could have stolen this one. No outreach ? Or no real sale ...

•••
They own greatvalue.com already

everything they do is slow, last year I bought a domain in auction, took them like 3 weeks to bill me, transfer over was quick, I felt bad for sellers who had to wait that long.

Namejet are always like a month behind on payments anyway. I probably wont see the money from my sales until maybe march or april

•••
Namejet are always like a month behind on payments anyway. I probably wont see the money from my sales until maybe march or april
Oh well least you can’t spend it that way, you will probably forget about it, and it just shows up one day, need more of those type, otherwise money gets spent to quickly these days, especially with the wacky prices in some of the after markets. I just paid for a godaddy auction listing, then the friggen person transfers it out after expiring auction, and I thought godaddy doesn’t allow that anymore. One email to support, they reply well it was probably a partner domain, send another email showing it was godaddy, 1 min later automatic PayPal refund no waiting a week, looks like someone screwed up lol

•••
Oh well least you can’t spend it that way, you will probably forget about it, and it just shows up one day, need more of those type, otherwise money gets spent to quickly these days, especially with the wacky prices in some of the after markets. I just paid for a godaddy auction listing, then the friggen person transfers it out after expiring auction, and I thought godaddy doesn’t allow that anymore. One email to support, they reply well it was probably a partner domain, send another email showing it was godaddy, 1 min later automatic PayPal refund no waiting a week, looks like someone screwed up lol

It will be spent fast to pay off my credit card. Lol. My domaining profits all goes to it

•••
It will be spent fast to pay off my credit card. Lol. My domaining profits all goes to it
Your not alone, we all feel your pain.

•••

Oh, I meant for names I had up in the Live auction, the ones that didn't sell are supposed to move back to the online auction. I was told late Wednesday or Thursday, they should move on over to the online auction. Right now, they still haven't moved over.

Supposed to be last night or today. Still not moved over.

•••
I see them moved over now.

•••
•••
•••
Ok so when is the next one? I always miss these damn things.

•••
•••
@atinc

Looks like one of them went back to auction with 0 bidders, the one I accidentlly bid on thinking it was a .com - http://www.namejet.com/Pages/Auctions/StandardDetails.aspx?auctionid=4025551&cat=

Those other 2 sold?

You are right, everest.cam was relisted in auction as the winning bidder also thought it was a .com and refused to pay. Even though the auctioneer did clearly say it was .cam. It sucks really because i had plans for that sale to pay off the credit card.

The other 2 did sell as the buyers were aware they were .cam

•••
One more day. I just sorted by high bid.

1st page, all reserve names, 0 met reserve
2nd page, all but 4 names reserve names, 0 met reserve, the 4 with no reserve will sell

Going thru the rest, seems like 2 names with reserves, met reserve.

So we'll see, last day is where the action usually happens, if there is action to be had.

•••
All over in next hour and half or so. Did see lucky.com meet reserve, over a million. Auction already over, don't know final price.

journalists.com met reserve - $13,350

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back