IT.COM

NamesCon – Lower Your Ticket Prices Please

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
“Are you going to NamesCon?”

That is the question now. Who is going? Yesterday, today and tomorrow. Is this the place to be? Well to tell you the truth, It is not a "for sure" anymore.

The question of who is going to NamesCon is really a big deal. With ticket prices being so high now, many people are unsure if they will attend. Do a lot of people want to pay the higher prices for tickets to attend NamesCon this year? No. Many are still on the fence and most likely will not attend. I believe the prices are being raised based on the past years successes at NamesCon.

Read more here...
http://domainnamesmatter.com/2019/01/namescon-lower-your-ticket-prices-please/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Tried to buy namescon deal before the timeline the 25% with 3 nights for 540 but I guess they sold out? If theres a namescon rep on here plz pm me I will go if I can this deal.
@imadoer - I've always had success contacting them via Twitter.

•••
I did they havent responded yet

I've contacted a couple of times via Twitter, and although the reply was not immediate I did get answer once within hours and once I think the next day or so.

•••
well said, and theres always been some promotional component in a speakers presentation, but its the "soul" of the conference as to how that balance is struck...

ph

•••
Agree that if they were more consistent with pricing timeline that would be helpful, and to focus on past attendees making sure they are in the loop on email specials. Also if they had an official rep here, who actually kept the community updated with the deals, that would be super. They do put on a great show though.

Last year the networking was the greatest part for me. Basically went to only a handful of sessions, and those were because had met or hung out with the speaker earlier in the event.

Sadly, also have a last minute conflict so have a ticket for sale, see For Sale Advertising section : smile :

•••
Yes, I said it was at least 50% my fault. I guess it was all my fault for waiting so long. I was waiting til last minute because I thought there would be a better deal though. I have been looking for past month or so for best pricing and it has been at best, $575.

It is $700 and $900 today and even if it went back to the $575 it seems too high for 1 ticket imho.

I honestly think many more people would attend this year if prices were lower though. I have talked to a few domainers that have felt the same way. I would want more people there if it were my event. At this point I think the price point is too high now to bring more last minute people and their money to the conference.

I think if you want that to change, the only way is to add more value to the conference, or lower ticket prices.

Last edited:
•••
I have done events in the past and the earlier you book the cheaper it is "early bird" discount.

You do not lower closer to the event as it cheapens the offering.....

•••
It's a catch 22.... and this is why as an organizer you want to give away as many tickets and get as many people to show up... because otherwise the advertisers won't show up if it is just 100 people.

@maksimfa Ok please show us which conferences (worth going to) that give away 'many tickets' before or lower their prices 2-3 weeks prior to showtime. (Besides the desperate ones that couldn't get any tickets sold.) Try to get a lower the price ticket for a CES show 2-3 weeks prior.

•••
CES is $100 to $300 for tickets.
This is for exhibits only. If you want to go to the seminars/speakers etc. it's a lot more.

•••
This we know. There were fewer than 1000 attendees during the last several conferences. There are over 1 million NamePros members. The gap between those two numbers should be narrowing, not growing.
Then NamePros should have their own conference. :xf.rolleyes:

CES notes 100,000 attendees, and yet there's over a few maybe hundred million people/entities that use electronic devices etc. Maybe they should use that same logic with their conference prices too, eh? :xf.rolleyes:

•••
Then NamePros should have their own conference. :xf.rolleyes:

CES notes 100,000 attendees, and yet there's over a few maybe hundred million people/entities that use electronic devices etc. Maybe they should use that same logic with their conference prices too, eh? :xf.rolleyes:

CES however is generally geared to industry and if everyone who wanted to attend could... they would not be able to accommodate them.

•••
Whatever people. I got my tiks for my 6th NC show, never paying over 299. (Which is way cheaper then the DomainFests and TargetedTraffic conferences of before.) So you can all debate what and how others should run their conferences as you see they should, and I'll be letting @JoeStyler buy me drinks in a couple weeks.

•••
I think it's more about the physicality of the event, than the content.

I can message somebody about domains for hours on namePros. But the connection made in that experience is generally miniscule compared if this were done face to face. Then factor in just hanging out with other like minded folk, doing Vegas things. E.g. making memories, meeting new faces, making connections, possibly closing deals, but mainly expanding your mind beyond the reach of the interwebs.

Yes, this can all be done online. But it's missing the human connection.

Absolutely, do agree with the connections and not denying that... but it seems you can do that by going to Vegas... and hanging out at events, and not actually buying tickets and going to the conference.

•••
I think it's more about the physicality of the event, than the content.

I can message somebody about domains for hours on namePros. But the connection made in that experience is generally miniscule compared if this were done face to face. Then factor in just hanging out with other like minded folk, doing Vegas things. E.g. making memories, meeting new faces, making connections, possibly closing deals, but mainly expanding your mind beyond the reach of the interwebs.

Yes, this can all be done online. But it's missing the human connection.
BINGO!! The networking, meeting and making of new contacts friends, in this industry, is so worth being there!

•••
Absolutely, do agree with the connections and not denying that... but it seems you can do that by going to Vegas... and hanging out at events, and not actually buying tickets and going to the conference.

You can.

I think of it like this. A lot of my friends are flying out to Vegas for the big game.

Tickets to the big game are (for some) way more expensive than airfare and hotel combined. The game itself is only three hours long, but my friends will be there for two whole days.

While my friends might be able to afford tickets with ease, (some even making it a profitable business expense) the only chance of me going is if somebody has an extra ticket. And really, if I don't get to go to the game, but I get to hang out with my friends before / after, than that's all I (living within my means) can ask for.

It beats watching the game at home. Or worse, overpaying for something I couldn't afford, and being in debt (or in an undesirable financial position) because of it.

Last edited:
•••
•••
the big game?

Just using that as an analogy.

For instance, SuperBowl tickets sell for on average $2,500

upload_2019-1-5_1-38-52.png

But the game only lasts a few hours. And generally there is a week (if not weekend) worth of entertainment and events planned in the hosting city. You can have a lot of fun just being near the stadium during these events, and you don't have to spend $,$$$.

In a way, besides the argument of a recreational expense VS a business expense, this applies to NamesCon. Sure, if you can afford it, and will / can be in the area. Why not go? But just because you can't afford tickets, it doesn't mean you should avoid the event / area in entirety.

Last edited:
•••
Completely missed that superbowl weekend is then, duh.

•••
You missed his analogy too.

HAHA. yep...this is what I get for being 5AM after a birthday party out. lol. I should go get some sleep, instead bought domains.

•••
wonder if it includes the wonderful resort fee $35 per day, maybe discounted for show....
Ask and you will find the answer to what you seek.

•••
Hi guys I'm pretty new. Can all you veterans take some pictures for us at NamesCON , cause me and all the new guys cant make it since you all only pay good money to registrars for our expired domains and offer us 1 dollar prior.

This is meant for humor. I actually love the community. But had to throw some rough dip in. Some will be offended. My bad. Dang Canadians ; )

Last edited:
•••
WRONG it's not 50% your fault, it's 100% your fault. NO conference lowers their prices the last 3 weeks prior just to accommodate the cheap on-the-fencers who can't make up their minds. They have expenses to cover. You state you've been to NC before, so you know this is the way it has 'always' been. So again, it's your fault for waiting so long and 'hoping' they will accommodate you and your laziness, and NOT on Namescon!!

NamesCon sent out this email today. May be something for the 'last minuters' -

We’re starting the New Year with our biggest (and most exclusive) sale yet. Starting January 7, the first 150 people to register for NamesCon Global will not only get 25% off the price of a Regular or VIP pass, but also three free nights at the Tropicana!

This offer is only valid for 48 hours, from 10am January 7 until 10am January 9, Pacific Time.

Don't miss the premier domain-industry event of the year. It’s NamesCon’s last year in Las Vegas—together we can make it unforgettable!

It all starts with hitting the button below. Scroll down further for FAQs.

So.... I guess NamesCon is now one of those? =)

•••
@ecomslice Sorry, I'm confused - are you saying that you are dropping names rather than accepting a dollar? HAHAHAHA. You may want to reconsider?

Just playing along & joking, I'm relatively new as well - well maybe not anymore!

I am going to the conference for the 3rd year in a row - the first 2 were overwhelming, caused information overload, sent me in 10 different "niche" directions, but got me in the game. This one #3, will be much more relaxed as I finally feel (said feel, not know, I'm no expert) prepared. It's hard to consider investments when you feel so far behind the expertise (or complete lack of & you have no idea) of the sellers at an industry conference.

The personal/biz connections alone have each trip worth the cost, for me. I really think is would offer the same value to anyone who really wants to be in this business. But, the cost is (obviously) prohibitive to many.

You know, the more educated investors there are - the money there is to spend on the industry - conferences - collaboratives - etc. So we almost have a chicken and egg thing here.

We have to figure out a way to have a session/s or a break out room/s for some Virtual Networking - but as part of that formal, industry conference, environment and business atmosphere.

Yeah, rambling - sorry, really dont want to balance my domain spreadsheets!!! hahaha. 12 software apps, platforms, scripts (some I even developed) & I can't rest until my spreadsheet confirms - haha

Your insight greatly appreciated. This thread and Namecons recent pricing updates shows the humble ability of this community, hope to stick around with ya'll even one dollar at a time ! : )

•••
I was surprised there were not parallel sessions broken down by theme.

CORRECTION I realize that I was wrong on this and the roundtable sessions, e.g. on the last day are exactly that. So it is already a key part of NamesCon. Sorry for my earlier misunderstanding.

•••
Tried to buy namescon deal before the timeline the 25% with 3 nights for 540 but I guess they sold out? If theres a namescon rep on here plz pm me I will go if I can this deal.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back