NameSilo

Namerific Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The Domain Wizard

TheDomainWizard.comEstablished Member
Impact
I have listed my first 2 domain with Namerific and it would be great to share your experience with Namerific.

My experience so far is good. I submitted 4 names and 2 accepted within 48 hours. Logo design was done with 24 hours after verification of the domain names.

Now I need to wait and see if the domain get sold.

Just share your experience with Namerific..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Namerific can you tell us when the next review process will be for submitted domains? Thanks

•••
I can't seem to find where to pay for a name to be featured, anyone know?

•••
Hashif,

I have approved you as a logo designer. Please submit your designs through the design center when you login and I can review them. So far AdRidge looks okay, but it needs to be centered in the image, and Pageverse needs to be redone completely. Thanks!

Thanks, i will do it today..:D

•••
Is there any customer service left with Namerific?
- I had many catchy names which didn't sell at the indicated prices. I was willing to lower the price for selling purposes.. It's been about 2 months or so..
-new price suggestions on NR - NO REPLY
-contacted by email twice NO REPLY
-private message on namepros - NO REPLY

Is this still a serious business, it seemed that it was a while ago.....

•••
- I had many catchy names which didn't sell at the indicated prices. I was willing to lower the price for selling purposes.. It's been about 2 months or so..

I personally met the Namerific team at NamesCon, and they were one of the most helpful business at the conference, and it was non stop. They were even hosting after parties and giving speeches at the conference. I heard they gets thousands and thousands of names submitted each month, and they have a process for approving names, its not a one step process. So it does take time. Namerific is the only brandable site that does NOT charge a listing fee... So they cover the cost of a writer and a logo designer, which means they only pick the cream of the crop.

I can't speak for them, but from what i saw, they were at a tech conference just before NamesCon and they are attending an affiliate conference after NamesCon. They are actively promoting Namerific and the Brands on its platform! Helping domineers and finding customers. I didn't see any other brandable company at NamesCon.. I give props to the Namerific team for having boots on the ground and advertising so your names can get sold!

Im sure once they get back from the conferences, your questions will get answered.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the reply.. Will be definitely waiting to see.. Because logo design i understand , name approval i understand, to quickly review a price suggestion of names which were already listed and live.. Dont think it should take 2 months..

Especially since as soon as you suggest it, it gets taken off the live listings.. So no exposure on the site for 2 months now..

•••
They also were having technical problems with the name servers or recognizing the forwarding domains. One of my names logos was live and then the logo is now MIA,...they are constantly upgrading, and some times this cause a glitch or tech problem. They also offer an edit on logos if the buyer wants to change a logo after the sale. So they are offering a lot more customer service options, and i assume priority is helping buyers first.

From what i saw at the conference, Namerific has some big plans, IMO i see them offering options domineers want, and constantly growing their customer base. They were asking dominers what they wanted to see, and they where educating potential buyers about the importance of having an invented name to brand your business with. I agree no business is perfect, but they are very transparent about things good or bad. I respect that.

•••
I have quite a few names listed with them, hopefully their efforts at Namescon will reflect in some sales for us domainers, i am having a slow start with 2015 and a couple of nice juicy sales would definitely respark my flame....

•••
I have no intention to be negative, but I don`t think one should expect that the presence on a domain conference will help to increase sales - This is where you meet with the suppliers, not the buyers

•••
I have no intention to be negative, but I don`t think one should expect that the presence on a domain conference will help to increase sales - This is where you meet with the suppliers, not the buyers

Hence why they are at multiple conferences(affiliate con. 5,000+ people) and not just at the domaining conference. There are many entrepreneurs and business owners who just 'discovered' Namerific for the first time. Namerific was also getting great names at the conference, and we all know great names, will bring buyers. Its all about exposure...

•••
I agree that the presence on various conferences may increase exposure - my comment was most to judgemind hoping that Namerifics presence on Namescon would give more sales, I still doubt that, but let's hope I'm wrong

•••
Looks like they changed the appearance of the site a bit and removed the seller login?

Also I had 6 names on their front page within the last 24 hours which are now gone and aren't on pages 1-4, where did they go...haha

•••
Thanks for the information Jahfree. I'm with pokainc though, there is no excuse for not communicating when people are asking questions. I don't mind if it takes companies 3-4 days to respond but respond they should - no excuses.

Their business is about partnerships, the front end with end users and at the back end with domainers, they are not alone, BB and BR are quite similar, looks like they do not have the resource to cover customer service emails which I can totally understand from a P&L position but they can certainly improve on the current situation without it impacting their bottom line.

Good luck all with your sales.

•••
Has anyone paid to have a domain featured? Wondering if it is worth the money.

From what I can see, the featured domains are names owned by namerific. There is no option to have names featured. Brandroot allows you to feature your domain however it's at a steep price of $100, paid upfront and my experience with that did not end in a sale.

•••
@Namerific With your recent update to your new appearance I can no longer find the seller login option

Last edited:
•••
edit: nevermind, I see on page 1!

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
From what I can see, the featured domains are names owned by namerific. There is no option to have names featured. Brandroot allows you to feature your domain however it's at a steep price of $100, paid upfront and my experience with that did not end in a sale.

I had several names in the featured section of NR.. they choose I guess some they potentially see alot of sales potential or something.

•••
Forwarded my domain to the correct address for listing over ten days ago still not verified. Is there any issues with the site?
What is the domain? I will ensure it gets live.

•••
Tried to log into my account today and I got a lib warning and couldn't login..
Are you now able to login? Try clearing your cache and browsing history.

•••
@Namerific can you tell us when the next review process will be for submitted domains? Thanks
We are constantly reviewing domains however we do focus on approving the best and the declining process is slower, however we are working to increase the speed of this process.

•••
I can't seem to find where to pay for a name to be featured, anyone know?
At this point in time we are featuring about 120 names, many are hand picked from domain owners and some are our own as well. We do not only feature our own names as people are asserting. I can implement a system where we feature your names for a fee on a per month basis if that is being requested. $100 seems quite high. I am thinking more along the lines of $35.

•••

Any private messages I've responded to. Make sure they are to my account. Let me know which domains you're referring to and I can take a look for you.

•••
Thanks for the reply.. Will be definitely waiting to see.. Because logo design i understand , name approval i understand, to quickly review a price suggestion of names which were already listed and live.. Dont think it should take 2 months..

Especially since as soon as you suggest it, it gets taken off the live listings.. So no exposure on the site for 2 months now..
Let me know which domains are yours I can make sure they are processed immediately.

•••
Hence why they are at multiple conferences(affiliate con. 5,000+ people) and not just at the domaining conference. There are many entrepreneurs and business owners who just 'discovered' Namerific for the first time. Namerific was also getting great names at the conference, and we all know great names, will bring buyers. Its all about exposure...
Thanks Jahfree,

And yes, we are attending Affiliate Summit with the sole purpose of getting more buyers to the site. We plan on expanding our current affiliate program to hundreds of networks which will increase our reach to tens of thousands of affiliates who can push traffic to the site.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back