Domain Empire

news NamePros November 2021 – A new website and more!

NameSilo
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Welcome to the new NamePros in November!

Today marks the first step toward a lot of positive and exciting changes coming to NamePros. You'll notice that most of what you loved is still here, and we're working hard to bring back even more.

And that's only the beginning! We'll be bringing you regular updates, sometimes weekly, to add the features you've requested (please vote on features you want to see first!) and improve your experience.

Our mission is to build a thriving professional network around the best community – that's you! – where professionals can engage in civil discussions, ask questions, share advice, partner, transact, and succeed, all together.

We hope you'll have a look around, and let us know what you think!

All our best,

The NamePros Team

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In that case, I must have been missing something because I've been using 3rd part image host to add images to my posts. Glad I found it now though.
The easiest way is copy-pasting an image directly into a posting. For instance, with Firefox on the PC, you could right-click on an image and choose "Copy Image". Then paste the image into the text area of your posting on NamePros.

This is how they create NFTs and then auction them off for a lot of money, but that's our little secret - j/k

Last edited:
•••
We really appreciate all of your feedback; the tech team is hard at work on it.

Remember: This is just the first version of everything; it’s only going to get better and better.

We’re listening and adjusting based on your feedback. So sit back and enjoy exploring the new website, and please continue to share how we can make it even better. 😎

•••
I think closed threads should no longer be visible to members, in situ. They should be removed from the sales threads to their own location. Just like before.

•••
I don't know. I'm not used to the new version,
Or some other reason,
How do I feel I prefer the old version,
I feel everything looks so comfortable,
The font setting of the new version is too large in some places,
It's a bit like I used to magnify the web page with a magnifying glass,
It looks a little uncomfortable,

•••
By eliminating (a lot of) whitespace, more content can be shown on one page. This can be done from header to footer everywhere, even between paragraphs in individual postings, and between elements. It will still be readable. Think about removing some buttons as well.

In section overviews, homepage, threads, everywhere: a more compact theme by default.

Last edited:
•••
By tactically moving some control buttons and other elements that are shown in each posting, you can win precious space, too. At this moment, they distract too much from the actual contributions in the postings. Even more with a lot of oneliner postings in a thread.

Even the Last edited line can be moved to save space.

Is a Tags button really useful in each individual (own) posting? I don't think it is. Precious space can be won there, too.

Last edited:
•••
Agree with others: show more slots in the recent postings area. Maybe even more than in the old version. It really does stimulate interaction and makes our new forum more lively, vibrant, even adorable.

Last edited:
•••
Agree with others: show logged in member stats instead of forum stats below the header/menu. It confirms and re-affirms identity and appreciation in the community.

•••
Below the last posting in a thread, place a colorful button to return to #top, and/or forum index.

Another button at the top of a thread, to jump to the last (newest, or first unread) posting directly.

Last edited:
•••
Agree with others, for both mobile and desktop, add more page navigation blocks in the thread header, before the first posting. Also in the thread index/overview per forum section (those tiny page numbers we had before).

Last edited:
•••
Use a stronger/darker color for section and thread titles, e.g. Navy blue. Easier for the eyes, and it will better match with the top header, too.

Last edited:
•••
I'm missing some formatting options that were present in the previous text editor. And some options are more difficult to find directly without having to click several times.

Last edited:
•••
The endless anonymous (without signature) dislikes via your new DOWNarrow button!
Why you created this paradise for trolls?!

Last edited:
•••
OK my humble feedback...

1. Up and Down arrows are needless. Stick to the Thanks, Likes and Agrees. If possible, with visible buttons like before.
Now the system is less intuitive. Members have to make extra work now with mouse over the chat icon, and then click.
Not to mention the possibility of voting one post many times with the arrows... I really don't understand that. Also it does not show who voted up, down, and how many times. :facepalm: Keep it simple :xf.cool:

2. The pinned first post of every thread, also needless. People now have to scroll more down to get to see the first post of every page. Again, more extra work to do with the scroll wheel.

3. Where's https://www.namepros.com/account/reactions ? The list of the given Likes/Thanks/Agrees/Dislikes/Disagrees :xf.cool:

4. The "New Posts" on the right column. Better showing the last 6 new posts. Now it only shows the last 3. The "Latest News" right column shows the last 6 news. :sneaky:

Just a few feedback points, in my opinion, and always hoping to improve this amazing forum. (y)

Edit: Another extra one:

5. Now on the avatar at every post, at first glance you just can see the number of likes (impact!) of the member. It was very useful to see also at first glance the number of "Messages" of the member.
Now you have to click on the avatar to see that info. Again, an extra click to see something. :xf.confused:

Last edited:
•••
at least on mobile the new np is an utterly awful experience. I have been posting less b4 this change.. now this is utterly the nail in the coffin to just have members turn away from here altogether. unless there is option to keep old version and I dont mean temporarily.. this awful ui for me and I'm sure some others too will create a distaste for coming here.

•••
I think it's better not to waste too much energy here and start putting all your efforts towards creating a Metaverse for Namepros.

NamePros Metaverse :)

•••
The endless anonymous (without signature) dislikes via your new DOWNarrow button!
Hey i can give person credit or debit for their contribution and remain anonymous 😏. Less my name shows up on this forum the better. I could change my name but anywhere i was quoted it would still show my old username so pretty easy to figure out.
I miss the area that shows disagreed given/received. Most likes given. Was a competition. And its a competitive business

•••
This time, rather than using the default theme, we made our own. Developers who spent about a year on it are reading this thread. You're welcome to criticize it, but you need to do so in a professional manner. I did repeatedly warn the developers that they would receive a lot of harsh words no matter what they did, but I didn't expect anyone to go so far as to say they "raped" the design.

I'm not blaming your [NP's] developers, it's clear that they're already trying so hard to do it like it was on many aspects. At this point, what I see is that most of the problems so far looks more like it's caused by the [3rd party's] software & it's new awful limitations, so I don't see why I should blame your [NP's] developers.

Sorry for the very "unprofessional language", but when it comes to coding/software-related issues like this, I can no longer mince my words. I see a new trend where more and more coders find joy in making their users suffer through very bad UX & UI "updates" (or what I call "rapedates"), proven by F---Fox's mobile app with their now-deleted tweet (it's still archived somewhere but I forgot the link) showing (indirectly) how they enjoyed seeing their mobile users get angry, and F---Book promoting anger provoking posts, among many others. It is as if the coding culture changed from being responsible coders to simply blaming everything on users, and indirectly sending the message "be a coder or be forever bullied by coders".

If someone chooses to zoom out on their device, that's their prerogative, and they were able to do that on the old theme.

Choosing is one thing, being pushed to do so, whether directly or indirectly is another whole different issue. If more and more people feel like they need to zoom out, then the impact on sigs will be very clear & very bad.

We'll likely enforce a minimum contrast in the near future.

It doesn't allow you to vote as many times you want. The more established you are, the more you're able to vote.
@Jurgen Wolf, you have the maximum amount of influence for adding and removing points on posts because of your Impact. :):):)Please use it responsibly. :):):)

The maximum influence and the amount of Impact that grants it to you will likely be tweaked over time until a balance is found.
@Paul
Please remove these UP/DOWNarrow buttons, where you can give/deduct as many points you want.
Or as outcome: we will get the absolutely fake stats.

Well, @Jurgen Wolf , if you wAnt to remove the BUttonS, I bElieve you should know what to do now :)

This place is slowly becoming reddit-ish. Time for some karma whoring :):)

LOL the old members might use it responsibly. The new ones who like to troll, I highly doubt it'll be used responsibly.

You’re in control. :)

You may be thankful that someone shared their opinion but also dislike the way they presented it. Then a “Thanks” and -1 makes sense.

But keep in mind you don’t have to use it any differently than before. The previous functionality still exists: it’s called Automatic mode, and it’s the default.

For that, I suggest adding this button instead - "Thanks, I hate this" or "Angry upvote" :)

More: I just noticed when typing that if 2 quoted posts are back-to-back, if the last sentence of the 1st quoted post is deleted, the first sentence of the 2nd quoted post "jumps" to the 1st quote. Also if I click on the empty line just above a quoted post and hit delete key in an attempt to delete the line, the first sentence of the quoted post "jumps" to the empty line instead of deleting the line. It seems that the [3rd party] software makers couldn't even bother to think of desktop users.

And another: Search for PM content now takes more clicks and more time, needing to go through Advanced Search > Search conversations before you can even > input anything (and it's a separate page to load each time).

And more: Extra bumps are no longer worth it. Non-auction sales threads will only last for max 1 to 5 minutes on the right column, and this is without people mass-bumping multiple threads. I don't care much about everything else honestly. Just this one about the 'new posts' on the right column, the main reason why I had a separate gold account. "5x more views each day" ain't worth it anymore if it going to be 1 minute of views each. If I want to simply bump for the sub-forum bump I don't need 5 bumps.

Last edited:
•••

Yeah, I really don't like this system. The ability to anonymously give down (or even upvotes).

I am not a fan.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, I really don't like this system. The ability to anonymously give down (or even upvotes).

I am not a fan.

Brad
It's different, that's for sure. I say we give it a chance. Agree with the anonymous thing, seems weird, but at least responsible usage of it is somewhat governed by members' historical impact.

This is how they create NFTs and then auction them off for a lot of money, but that's our little secret - j/k
Lol.

•••
The ability to anonymously give down (or even upvotes).
It’s important to note that it’s not anonymous; it’s just not public. Moderators can already see it, so if there is abuse, we can address it. It will also likely be visible to the top 1% of active members, but that’s sometime in the future.

•••
1st (or one more) Abuse and feedback are already sent, see internal thread...
Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
It’s important to note that it’s not anonymous; it’s just not public. Moderators can already see it, so if there is abuse, we can address it. It will also likely be visible to the top 1% of active members, but that’s sometime in the future.
You are basically going to depend on the integrity of the members here not to abuse this system, and although most members are going to use this in a proper manner, but we all know that there are a few less honorable members here on the forum who are going to down vote others because of some sick grievances and issues that they have developed in their own minds about them.

Nevertheless anyone who down votes me is going to be swimming with the fishes in the Metaverse :)

•••
You are basically going to depend on the integrity of the members here not to abuse this system, and although most members are going to use this in a proper manner, but we all know that there are a few less honorable members here on the forum who are going to down vote others because of some sick grievances and issues that they have developed in their own minds about them.

Nevertheless anyone who down votes me is going to be swimming with the fishes in the Metaverse :)

+ 10 upvotes for you :)

•••
+ 10 upvotes for you :)
I don't know if it's appropriate for me to thank you for this,

but the point here is that the up and down vote system should be used based on the merits of the message and not on any animosities that people might have towards one another in their own mind.

IMO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back